When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Tag Aquaracer 7750

ryaku

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny isn't it, all the praise this model's receiving..... :rolleyes:

Where were you lot when I put this up for POLL last Christmas?!!!!!! Well???? Too busy creaming yourselves over another IWC probably ;)

So, does this mean tonton and I get a prize? :whistling:

:lol:

OK, rant over....yes, the logo on the gen is same as this rep, a raised/stuck-on silver logo. Good so far.

Blue dial version is nice, hope we see the silver dial too like with the Carrera...the black is too common, although I concede it is the only one that suits the rubber. Pity about the datewheel though - the gen I mean, white on black dial never looks good. I hear they are changing this on the next version though.

However, I'd like to see the bracelet first before commenting. Also, will email King to check case size - this model is based on the gorgeous 43mm Aquagraph case (albeit not as thick as it doesn't have a 2894 and isn't similarly depth-rated), slightly larger than the 41mm standard Aquaracer.

can anybody confirm what king means when she says "have rubber strap with steel band."?? hopefully they do have the bracelet and she just didnt post pics yet.

anybody know how thick this one is??

No bracelet yet. She means rubber strap with steel tang buckle.

She also says 44mm on site, gen is actually 43mm so safely assume this is just measurement typo and case size is accurate to gen they used to CNC.

Thickness of gen is 14mm compared to the Aquagraph's 15.5 (same case essentially, analagous to Sub vs. SD).

Still I have been rude about the Aquatimer and IWCs in general many times (zzzzzz....:yawn: that kind of thing) but must admit the new 2007 Cousteau with the orange index, is mildly appealing.

Now don't be taking that as any excuse to hijack this thread to talk about the Cousteau! Any opportunity with you Pugs, I know... :bleh:

For me it's the blue version or nothing. The black w/ rubber strap is very good looking though... but I've always wanted the blue one.

You are reading my thoughts By-Tor ;) trying to convince myself the black is better value as I can wear it on rubber also, but that azure beauty has always called out to me. Especially as I don't own a blue-dialled watch....no that's right, not even the venerable (but dull) SMP. Decision will go down to the wire on this one, I'll probably waver so any morale support appreciated :lol:

Can't wait to see the bracelet - the gen is just so much better than the old date-only bracelet, feel, clasp everything. I know what you mean about the datewheels, same issue seen with the IWCs, but the trade-off for having this gorgeous Aquagraph 'Lite' case is well worth it IMO.

Okay guys. Here's 5 pics of the genuine that I've found from the Yahoo search (old model, without the day). Looks like the rep is pretty damn nice.

289671-6155.jpg

289671-6156.jpg

289671-6157.jpg

289671-6158.jpg

And the black version:

289671-6159.jpg

Nice pics BT :tu:

Incidentally, the white dial rep is fantasy - the gen is actually silver, same as previous 41mm Date-only model - doesn't photograph well but here's best pic I've found of old model.

289749-6105.png

A group pic of the 43mm DD in which you can see the blue dial under relatively normal light - ever slightly faded blue compared with deep blue on the rep. Of course photos are always difficult to judge from but still....

289749-6106.jpg

289749-6107.png

dammit.. the bracelet is OUT already :p for 10 bux more.. and if you want both rubber and steel.. or "if need have extra total is usd 20 more".. i dont really know what that really means.. but im suspecting if you get both steel and rubber it'll cost 20$ more? /me shrugs

now im weighing in to buy either this one or aquatimer!!! decision decision that i would have to make :@.. man i promised myself that UPO was my last.. now this thing is tempting me big time :S.. ok this'll be my last purchase :S i promise.. if any of u see me saying i wanna buy another one after this can u pls slap me across the head? because really i have to stop it till the end of the yr at least :(

AQUATIMER OR AQUARACER?

ohh and wtf.. i just realised the gen doesnt have AR and the rep does LOL.. does that mean the rep is better? :p

I can only get excited about TAGs when somebody posts pics of one on a hot chick's boobs, but this is a pretty accurate v.1 rep. The main dial flaw will be that the concentric rings on the dial and subs will not be a crisp on the rep. Since those concentric rings seem to be in fashion on sports watches, I hope the chinese figure them out.

Price is key: If they want $400 bucks for this, my hat's off to anyone who spends that and whatever mods are possible for a rep of a watch that will be selling used for $1000 bucks a year from now.

I can only get excited about TAGs when somebody posts pics of one on a hot chick's boobs, but this is a pretty accurate v.1 rep. The main dial flaw will be that the concentric rings on the dial and subs will not be a crisp on the rep. Since those concentric rings seem to be in fashion on sports watches, I hope the chinese figure them out.

Price is key: If they want $400 bucks for this, my hat's off to anyone who spends that and whatever mods are possible for a rep of a watch that will be selling used for $1000 bucks a year from now.

nope im not sure if im allowed to tell u prices.. but its under 300.. hehhehe.. i just hope aquatimer IWC will bea round the same price ouftttt *fingers crossed*

how much is it new now?