When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rep SFSO review on youtube

BWL

Not good to put these on Youtube... or any other public medias, imho. This is exactly the kind of stuff that draws the watch manufacturer's attention.

I had seem some of these guys other reviews, they are "ehh" We have much higher qualified individuals who do betetr reviews, like By-Tor just to name one of my own favorites.

Certainly this camefrom one of the boards, as he uses some of the same terms to describe the flaws as we have all used. Shame on whom ever is doing this. Im almost certain that hes not a memebr directly to this board. instead hew as recently warned about it though..As he has not done anymore of these reviews, and simply mentions some other Breitlings as "good replicas"

EVERYONE HOLD ON TO YOUR REPS!

I thought he represented Breitling in some way. He seemed disheartened about how good the rep was.

Actually, he did a good job selling the rep as there wasn't much bad he could say about it. Round headed screws in the bracelet ! Bad, bad !

Was he B-S-ing about the Asian movement ? 'cause the watch seemed to have AR.

Agree, By-Tor would have given a far better review. And any publicity about reps is bad publicity, but I think the stronger danger is the decreasing value of the dollar vs. the Yuan.

In other words, buy now.

Thanks, BWL for your detective work.

I think that manufacturers are up-to-date about new replica modes, i have seen several articles on magazines regarding those question. Classic manufacturers are trying to make a business plan to un-mask all those "bad" fakes, but they had a of of hard work nowadays, with such high quality reps.

I heard about it, but i wonder, if manufacturing of ETA movements are so easy to control how can be allowed to export nearly 3 times pieces of ETA models than Original orders.

I think that's something to do with the same business, ETA selling business is growing, and Gen brands are going more appreciated by people that can afford it. Maybe the future can became more transparent about reps. i mean maybe we will see in a future something like "official licensed replica".

What do you think about it?

Hi,

if the guy was really a boards member, he would have noticed the Pearl not aligning with the 12 and the thick date frame... :lol:

hahah i was at an AD.. actually the date window is about the same size.. like with naked eye it looks the very much the same.. but then the datefont.. now that is a big tell.. and notice how the guy said.. this rep might pass an AD? hehehehhehehe i did that once.. and the AD didnt even know if it was fake or not..

the guy keeps snortin , like if he's on coke or something ..

HAHA thats the first thing that popped into my head too.. thats funny.

Thats a NICE replica... is that the same one that our collectors here would sell? for a low cost Asian replica it looks pretty damn good!

Lonnie

HAHA thats the first thing that popped into my head too.. thats funny.

Thats a NICE replica... is that the same one that our collectors here would sell? for a low cost Asian replica it looks pretty damn good!

Lonnie

He says it's the asian version, and he also fails to mention the lack of AR vs. the swiss powered version.. I'm certain he didn't want to even bring up the AR topic. As that would hurt him even more.. :rolleyes:

All in all, he was surprised, and kept a pretty level head on this pice. He could have easily bashed it too hell. But the guy knows reps are only going to get better.

yeah he seemed just plain "stunned" by the quality of the replica. The only flaws he could really point out were the flaws on the dial only visible with a 10x loop and the stamping on the inside of the clasp wasnt EXACTLY like the Gen... haha

And i like how he said you could walk into an Authorized Breitling dealer and probably convince them it was real. Not good for us, but still funny none the less!

I feel sorry for all the people buying watches on ebay these days especially if they arn't armed with all the kmowledge we have avail here at RWG. That watch would easily sell as a GEN to anyone who wasnt an expert. naughty naughty, haha

Lonnie

lol thats coz its true.. i dont know why ppl say OMG the gen feels so much different.. i walked into an AD with my steelfish.. and the AD straight away said to me take this chronolog with you and see which other ones you like and he started showing me all these breitling.. and coz i bought my rubber strap from him.. he went to me and go.. ohh is that the watch that you bought from us last time? and i was like no i bought a tissot and the rubber strap last time :p.. then he went ohh why didnt u buy it from us? and i just went yeah my dad bought it for me.. and he just said that's a nice watch isnt it?.. and this is coming from a guy who did his watchmaking in switzerland :S.. eventhough he didnt really inspect it into detail (with loupes and everything).. but i think its that close that you would need a loupe or something similar to know.. ohh the bracelet do feel different but once you changed it to rubber.. its sweet