When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Crystals updated- go to page 3

watcher

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ofrei.com/page_168.html#18843

Omega Sapphire Crystal 062SB3063

OME-SB3063

$169.00

Omega Anti-Reflective Sapphire Crystal

OME-062SA3007

$149.00

I'm confused.. one says Sapphire Crystal, another says Omega AR Sapphire Crystal..

which one fits the UPO? what did you order calsbadrolex?

any other omega experts want to chime in? :X which one's the real one with heavy AR/double AR?

EDIT: by Nanuq to change http to hxxp per request. 21:22AST

The one listed for $169 is for the 45mm Planet Ocean (see case number on Ofrei's site).

The one listed for $149 is for 42mm Omegas, such as te 2245, 2264 and a host of others.

Hope that helps.

Guest carlsbadrolex

OK, drum roll please... I am on my way to pick up my UPO. The watchmaker has installed the Gen dial and Crystal. He further pressure tested the watch while doing this and has it sealed. He stated that the dial was a direct fit, and that the crystal was also. I havent responded with the part numbers because I did not actually place the order, but Im sure I will have them here shortly.

SO, off to pick it up!!!

I will get some pics up later tonight or tomorrow.

OK, drum roll please... I am on my way to pick up my UPO. The watchmaker has installed the Gen dial and Crystal. He further pressure tested the watch while doing this and has it sealed. He stated that the dial was a direct fit, and that the crystal was also. I havent responded with the part numbers because I did not actually place the order, but Im sure I will have them here shortly.

SO, off to pick it up!!!

I will get some pics up later tonight or tomorrow.

posts pics and impressions please, i think we all waiting to hear what's the 411 on these crystals..

do they have a stronger/better AR coating than the rep ones...?

Only thing that may dissapoint you is the lume on the hands. You have changed the dial to genuine which has incredible lume but the hands will have the poorer rep lume and may stand out quite badly. It will be interesting to get your view on that point.

I really hope the crystal is correct with dble AR.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Ok, guys heres the 411... Pics wont be up until Monday as the watch is still at the watchmaker. The cyrstal is in deed double AR. The dial looks incredible, BUT for some reason the date window is slightly larger, which makes the alignment with the date wheel wrong. We are looking into a gen date wheel, but so far things dont look good.

He is taking it apart again to see if something can be done to the datewheel to make the alignment better/different. I dont see how...

In any event, I will pick the watch back up Monday for pics.

ALSO, the question of hands... Those will be replaced in about two weeks with GENS.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, say a prayer for me (or at least my watch). We cannot locate a date wheel that will work, so my watchmaker is taking the parts off of the genuine dial to transplant on to the replica dial. This will include the proper Omega symbol, the hour markers, etc. By the time I am done with this little project I will have a nice watch... But damn near could have bought a genuine one for the price!

If you know a psychologist specializing in this type of psychosis... pleas pass along the name and contact info.

Well, say a prayer for me (or at least my watch). We cannot locate a date wheel that will work, so my watchmaker is taking the parts off of the genuine dial to transplant on to the replica dial. This will include the proper Omega symbol, the hour markers, etc. By the time I am done with this little project I will have a nice watch... But damn near could have bought a genuine one for the price!

If you know a psychologist specializing in this type of psychosis... pleas pass along the name and contact info.

So the double AR crystal aside, a logo swap with an earlier-version rep PO dial and a superlume job will have the same outcome....

:bangin:

I have the upo lite from Andrew

The crystal should come with double AR as it is the part number for the Planet Ocean series and made by omega and not aftermarket.

Crystal part number from Ofrei: Omega Sapphire Crystal 062SB3063 OME-SB3063 $169.00 45 mm case only.

I have not yet ordered the crystal or dial and hands but will do before the weekend. I will get the swiss movement here in the UK from Cousins. That said I already have a spare 2836-2 and may use this. Not bothered if the Antimag cover does'nt fit! it's only cosmetic on this rep!

did you ever order this..?

the weird thing is.. if you go to omega's site and check out the product details.. the 42mm PO clearly says AR'd crystal..

but if you check on PO BigSize aka the 45mm one aka UPO rep.. it jus says scratch resistant sapphire

no mention of AR at all..

anyhows, has anyone here besides carlsbad ordered a crystal from ofrei..? i'm hoping other members have ordered this from ofrei and can let us know what's going on

anyone? bueller? bueller? does the Omega Sapphire Crystal 062SB3063 OME-SB3063 have AR or not? :( gah

GAH :black_eye:

Edited by TomRiddle

Guest carlsbadrolex

"So the double AR crystal aside, a logo swap with an earlier-version rep PO dial and a superlume job will have the same outcome...."

YES, exactly... If you can get the logo and have it swapped. BUT, the other tell is the size of the date window. I never relaly noticed until I had the two dials side by side...

The crystal I received DOES have AR, both sides.

"So the double AR crystal aside, a logo swap with an earlier-version rep PO dial and a superlume job will have the same outcome...."

YES, exactly... If you can get the logo and have it swapped. BUT, the other tell is the size of the date window. I never relaly noticed until I had the two dials side by side...

Although as I said before I'd noticed it on the gen, I'd hardly call the slightly squarer date window 'a tell' - black DW sees to that.

Can you confirm how easy crystal was to install - watchsmith just pop it on with a press? Any gasket issues?

Any pics Carlsbadrolex?? Ofrei have not shipped my crytsal yet so it will be after the wekend now.

I received my asia eta UPO from Andrew yesterday and apart from a little smooting of some edges it is running great. Got the orange for a change and love the attention it gets. THe AR is crap though and shouts fake from a mile away. Great value though at $128.00!! Paid more for the crystal!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Sorry I havent gotten back... More issues. Watchmaker may have ruined the rep. dial, along with the Gen Omega emblem. I asked about the crystal swap and he said that he had to replace the gasket, but that after that it was not an issue. He further said that he replaces the gasket every time a crystal is replaced (I am not sure if that is the norm, as this is the first rep/gen crystal conversion Ive had done.

Sorry I havent gotten back... More issues. Watchmaker may have ruined the rep. dial, along with the Gen Omega emblem. I asked about the crystal swap and he said that he had to replace the gasket, but that after that it was not an issue. He further said that he replaces the gasket every time a crystal is replaced (I am not sure if that is the norm, as this is the first rep/gen crystal conversion Ive had done.

Yes it's the norm, gasket and sapphire crystal go together.

Ouch, this project is hitting you where it hurts :black_eye: hate to say it but when you said your man was swapping over logos and markers, I did think :blink: With the datewheel issue also, you should have just sold gen dial and been content with a crystal swap.

Oh well, c'est la vie - kudos to you anyway for "taking one" for the community :tu:

My crystal shipped today from US to UK so there is a slight chance of delivery before the weekend on Global priority service. Can't wait and will update with pics as soon as possible guys!

I decided having read Carlsbadrolex's experiences to just swap out the crystal and leave the dial and movement as is. I do this myself so don't have top rely on a watchmaker.

My crystal shipped today from US to UK so there is a slight chance of delivery before the weekend on Global priority service. Can't wait and will update with pics as soon as possible guys!

I decided having read Carlsbadrolex's experiences to just swap out the crystal and leave the dial and movement as is. I do this myself so don't have top rely on a watchmaker.

whereabouts in the uk are you? could you swap my crystal, too, if i ordered one?

-waiting anxiously-

help us watcher kenobi, you're our only hope!!!

please let us know how it goes and piiccsssss :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's arrived in the UK but is awaiting customs charging!!!! I guess I will be taxed on the value of $198......what a bummer!!

No, a bummer is when you get stung for duty on a watch strap from a US supplier that was $3 over the $35 import limit....and end up having to pay 60% on top to HMRC and Royal Mail :thumbdown: Never again do I buy from US.

Anyone else have the feeling someone "up there" is trying to tell us something? Maybe PO project is cursed? :unsure::ph34r: