When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Crystals updated- go to page 3

watcher

I was just looking through Ofrei's Omega parts and noticed they list the 42mm OEM Crystal which I presume will have the correct double AR coating as per original. I wonder if they fit the 4th gen rep?

I have emailed them asking about the larger 168.1650 case number(45.5mm PO) crystal and if they can get on for the ultimate modding member.

Does anyone know if this would fit I wonder.....

Edited by watcher

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4th Gen is still awesome rep. It only has a bad pearl and shitty bracelet/clasp. I wish the makers would "finish" the smaller version.

While I love my UPO, I still think the smaller PO is more balanced and better looking watch.

If they can get the bigger version for my UPO then I will risk the $169 to try it out!

Correcton......Ofrei have just replied stating they can get all 50,000 omega parts listed so its just a matter of ordering one which I will do shortly and keep updating. Fingers crossed as this is the biggest let down on the rep for me.

The 4th Gen is still awesome rep. It only has a bad pearl and shitty bracelet/clasp. I wish the makers would "finish" the smaller version.

While I love my UPO, I still think the smaller PO is more balanced and better looking watch.

I agree with almost everything you posted there By-Tor... my 4th gen had a great clasp and a decent bracelet... much nicer than my ETA UPO.... but about on par with my UPO Lite....

All three suffer from the slightly off pearl.

And I agree... the orange bezel is more balanced on the 42mm... the black bezel/orange numerals looks great in the 45mm version.

And interesting thought on the crystals...l've never pondered that mod.... I'm intrigued.

I placed an order today for crystal and dial for my UPO 45. Parts should be here in a week or so. Watchmaker on standby!

you got the part numbers, so i can do the same?

i'll wait till you try them first, though ;)

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! As you have said, double AR is something on the PO that sticks out like a sore thumb, it is very heavy on the gen unlike the UPO. If the crystal does fit, it will certianly be a big breakthrough!!

Got an email this morning from Ofrei saying they have added the UPO 45 size to the web list. Looks like anothe rmember might beat me too it as I'm also ordering a dial and hands to suit.

Just looked and I think there is a problem, the part is showing as the same as a 42mm PO which can't be right, can it?

Edited by watcher

Bob Frei has informed me it has been corrected. The correct crystal would have arrived but the HTML programmer did it wrong on the web page!

I'm going to order a dial and hands plus the crystal and I will get a new movement from Cousins UK. Cannot decide between 2892-a2 or 2836-2. I hope they will fit the lite case!

What do you guys think??

The double AR would make UPO almost perfect.

you have no idea how right you are...

everyone in this thread, PLEASE keep it updated and keep us informed..

if Ofrei is really selling a double-treated AR .... I'm buying one...

keep the information coming please :thumbsupsmileyanim:

you have no idea how right you are...

everyone in this thread, PLEASE keep it updated and keep us informed..

if Ofrei is really selling a double-treated AR .... I'm buying one...

keep the information coming please :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm pretty sure the crystal will be double ar'd as they only sell genuine Omega parts in this case. Will keep updated. I will order my stuff tomorrow from them.

I'm pretty sure the crystal will be double ar'd as they only sell genuine Omega parts in this case. Will keep updated. I will order my stuff tomorrow from them.

please let us know how it goes

exact info needed:

-what version of the PO you have? UPO? case size/etc?

-what item number you ordered

-double sided ar?

the easy part is basically getting one of our modders to mod the watches we have.. anyhows, keep us informed!

Bob Frei has informed me it has been corrected. The correct crystal would have arrived but the HTML programmer did it wrong on the web page!

I'm going to order a dial and hands plus the crystal and I will get a new movement from Cousins UK. Cannot decide between 2892-a2 or 2836-2. I hope they will fit the lite case!

2892 and 2824 will fit the 'lite' no problems. The case on DG (asian) and ETA movement uPO are identical. 2836 may also fit but you could have a problem getting the anti-mag core on as the 2836 is a thicker movement.

Another option is the Seagull ST-18 which Cousins now stock!!!

please let us know how it goes

exact info needed:

-what version of the PO you have? UPO? case size/etc?

-what item number you ordered

-double sided ar?

the easy part is basically getting one of our modders to mod the watches we have.. anyhows, keep us informed!

I have the upo lite from Andrew

The crystal should come with double AR as it is the part number for the Planet Ocean series and made by omega and not aftermarket.

Crystal part number from Ofrei: Omega Sapphire Crystal 062SB3063 OME-SB3063 $169.00 45 mm case only.

I have not yet ordered the crystal or dial and hands but will do before the weekend. I will get the swiss movement here in the UK from Cousins. That said I already have a spare 2836-2 and may use this. Not bothered if the Antimag cover does'nt fit! it's only cosmetic on this rep!

Received Gen dial and crystal today. Off to the watchmaker for installation.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_168.html#18843

Omega Sapphire Crystal 062SB3063

OME-SB3063

$169.00

Omega Anti-Reflective Sapphire Crystal

OME-062SA3007

$149.00

I'm confused.. one says Sapphire Crystal, another says Omega AR Sapphire Crystal..

which one fits the UPO? what did you order calsbadrolex?

any other omega experts want to chime in? :X which one's the real one with heavy AR/double AR?

EDIT: by Nanuq to change http to hxxp per request. 21:22AST