When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aspire

dadog13

well i see that Paul started posting offers...

expected some better prices...because he hasn't been a lot on the forum and maybe has lost some of his customers and in meantime our trusted dealers have reached the top of the possible quality&service and that is what all of us are appreciating...

what do you think about his offers...and about his quality....and will he have a lot of old-new customers...?

and where the "HELL" is the CRAZY SALE? those PAM prices are higher than other dealers....

comments are welcome...

Vladimir

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul was always OK with me.. but his pp hate made me start buying from elsewhere.

WU is not the easiest thing to do (and more expensive too).

I don't have a trust issue with Paul and WU but even if pp are not the best in the world, it is a very easy way of paying.

Watches I bought from Paul:

Omega SMP, Rolex Sub, Rolex LV, 3 lady Rolex, my beautiful PAM 036, two PAM 029...

Don't know if it's the same Paul buit the Old Paul was OK for me. (Although the 2 new PAM 029 were bought from Chris Lin and again happy with them)

Paul was always OK with me.. but his pp hate made me start buying from elsewhere.

WU is not the easiest thing to do (and more expensive too).

I don't have a trust issue with Paul and WU but even if pp are not the best in the world, it is a very easy way of paying.

Watches I bought from Paul:

Omega SMP, Rolex Sub, Rolex LV, 3 lady Rolex, my beautiful PAM 036, two PAM 029...

Don't know if it's the same Paul buit the Old Paul was OK for me. (Although the 2 new PAM 029 were bought from Chris Lin and again happy with them)

well, that is ok...

but on the old rwg i've read a lot of issues about the quality...

and the prices aren't so attractive to take the risk...or i am wrong?

I think we need to give Paul some time and space to show us what he can do for us

Nicely spoken, but after the many negative posts about aspire from a lot of different members he gets all the time in the world, cause i will never order from him.

I think we need to give Paul some time and space to show us what he can do for us although personally, the absence of pp makes it awkward for me to buy from him.

JTB

well i for ex....have done all the transactions to get my reps using WU...and i've never had any problems with it...

maybe Aspire is gonna become my fav dealer...he gives 10% off for using WU..and that is how much more i pay for their service...

All the watches I bought from Paul didn't had any quality problems.

The SMP clasp only was broken and he sent me a new one immidiately.

Good to know that....

on the old RWG there were a lot of posts about quality issues...and i think that QUALITY is way over important than price!

I bought twice from Abay with no issues, and the watches were two of the best quality ones I have owned at the best ETA movement prices I had seen at the time.

Aspire is a different organisation as far as I can see. Different trading name, no longer the most competitive prices, and different people running the show but happily using the link with 'Paul' when it suits.

This doesn't of course imply anything, but I won't use them while the prices remain uncompetitive and their reputation remains unproven (I'm not fooled by the references to 'Paul').

Paul was/is considered a good and trusty dealer.

He had no more or less problems than the other known and respected dealers.

I am glad that he had finally woke up in to the new RWG.

..... the only bad thing is that ...... still no pp :(

Edited by AMK000

I bought twice from Abay with no issues, and the watches were two of the best quality ones I have owned at the best ETA movement prices I had seen at the time.

Aspire is a different organisation as far as I can see. Different trading name, no longer the most competitive prices, and different people running the show but happily using the link with 'Paul' when it suits.

This doesn't of course imply anything, but I won't use them while the prices remain uncompetitive and their reputation remains unproven (I'm not fooled by the references to 'Paul').

.... this was said in the past ... but to my knowledge and understanding is yet to be confirmed.

[Regardless of his past performances, the fact that he doesn't accept pay-pal is a dealbreaker with me!!...As long as his competitors do, he'll be at a major disadvantage, no matter how "great" his offerings are...

Buying reps is an "iffy" business to begin with, and adding further complications(AND risks!!)just turns me away...I haven't yet bought a whole bunch of reps, but as soon as I get rid of my extensive (low end) vintage watch stuff, I'll be buying like a" Ho with a Visa card" ... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have also bought from Paul with not problems. I did have a broken clasp on my SMP but like Veni it was replace without questions. I heard that was a common problem with the bracelet. Seems most of the bad review revolved around his Pam Crazy Sale a year ago. Since that has been sorted out I have not heard many bad issues.

Good to have another dealer here :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Gpuck B)

Though I understand the board's needing steady support, seeing how so few people take

the time to invest just a portion of the rwg savings of one watch, into our home,...............

from a personal standpoint, knowing that there are three volume dealers, King, Silix, and Paul,..

but only two have stood by us all this time, the first two mentioned, plus our smaller speciality dealers..

are more than enough for me.

Guest overboosted

I bought 10 plus watches from Paul. Never a problem other than once a watch got caught in customs and he sent a replacement promptly. Paul is grade A. I moved to others since he stopped taking pp though:(. Not a trust issue, just convienence. I trust Paul 100% for satisfaction. He will take care of you.

I bought my first reps, from Paul. Four watches total. None have them had any problems.

I've also switched to other dealers, due to the lack of pp. Joshua, Andrew, Homer and River have all had my custom at one time or another since.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

If I can be assured that Aspire-eshop Paul is the same Abay Paul I bought from before then I have every confidence in him.

My doubts, however, stem from replies from what appeared to be a perplexed sounding stranger to my last two enquiries to Aspire. This despite me having many dialogues with the 'old' Paul, using the same email address every time before anyone says anything.... :bleh:

Edited by r11co

My first six or seven reps were from abay (back in 2004 when there weren't so many dealers), and I don't really have any issues with Paul. I always got my stuff, and if I had problems he fixed them.

However, it has been stated many times that abay Paul sold out his business. If nothing else, you wouldn't know he's still around. A while back, he used to post on RWG and TRC all the time. Then only to say "I don't care what you say, I'm rich [censored] and you rep geeks are a pittance of my business," then he busted the crazy sale that [censored] off a lot of people, then for the past year, basically nothing.

It just seems easier to deal with EL, River, Angus etc. as actively participate on the site and promptly respond to emails. And Paul's watches are like Asian 7750's -- maybe they aren't as universally problematic as some people claim, but there sure are a lot more complaints about them. Where there's smoke there's fire . . .

Paul(aspire)has always come true for me.

But somethimes long whait but other then that always good.

But i have EL & Joshua only people i buy from last 6months :yeah:

Just order 5 Pams from Joshua :Jumpy: and soon 2 from EL :Jumpy: CRASY

I think people should give paul some slack. He has just arrived, after being on the old RWG and yet i see negative posts.

Let him at least get settled in nicely before you go offending him with you perhaps biased opinions due to "previous muck-ups".

I have two friends who have ordered from him with no problems what so ever with the quality of their watches. And you know what, i have a big problem with pp too, big deal!

I have purchased a few watches from Paul in February...3 to be exact...and all were above expectations. Granted, he no longers offers "the deal"...

In over a year of purchasing watches from Paul, there may have been a rare issue, but they were all rectified in a 100% satisfactory manner.

With regard to the WU...while it isn't free like pp, he will give a 10% discount to buyers using WU or BWT, which helps.

I for one am glad to see him around again. And the old Paul is still in charge, the "new" Paul is just helping him run the show, from what I gather. Such is life in Guangzhou, I suppose.