When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Your Record?

Victoria

Mine, 30 July 2007 -- 11 packages, ranging from countries like Germany and Belgium, and containing such lovelies as watches, more straps than at a dominatrix convention, and one spring bar pusher I've already broken, woo!

So what's your record of rep-related packages received in one day?

291810-4767.jpg

(Note, I was careful not to position anything from China in this bunch so no one can see how their packages look like. But I also didn't add two packages received from as far away as Israel, having thrown it away already. And yes, I cheated a bit. See if you can pick out the package which doesn't correspond to our hobby. I didn't count it in my 11 though!) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Game over you win :o

The best I have done was 4 or 5 in a day. B)

That was exactly my previous record, Ken: 5 in one magical day during my first week collecting. But I went slightly crazy last week, and just ODed on straps, and Panerai watches.

Do you think the quantity has a lot to do with how newbie you are?

By the time you are a seasoned veteran of the rep game, you have all the straps you need, even though there may be one or two out there, you love. And I'm sure one gets choosier about which rep watches one buys...

Did you notice the AP T3 I got from a member here? After a little polish with Cape Cod cloth, mwah! *kisses fingers* Fabulous.

vic you are on an unbelievable tear :o

Too much, Delta. I am shutting myself down for my own good...the good thing is that now I have a project -- saving for my Davidsen uFiddy. :)

please tell me that isn't a MBW ap roo w/ upgraded strap (from the site swdivad got his at) sitting on top of everything?

Oh nooooo. Nothing like that. I'm the queen of the cheapies. If your watch is in the $100 range, and I like it, you can be sure I will be sending you a PM. ;)

your piggy bank must run for cover when it sees you :lol:

Followed very closely by my father armed with his cricket bat, help...

vb.. too many reps.. tis becoming an obssession for you.. bad, bad!

more pics of the T3 pls :p

lol wanna sell that?

^^ LOL

Hehe. Not selling the T3, which I've wanted to have for either my boyfriend or father for a while. It just doesn't look right on me, though I did wear it around to the bank, yesterday.

Ever since I saw Die Hard 4, where the baddie wears a beautiful AP T3, I have wanted it. Happens like that all the time with me, and movies. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

P.S.: Don't worry. Slowing down MASSIVELY starting today. Didn't go to PayPal today at all...except in the morning...where I placed my last 8 orders...really, scout's honour...help.

Hehe. Not selling the T3, which I've wanted to have for either my boyfriend or father for a while. It just doesn't look right on me, though I did wear it around to the bank, yesterday.

Ever since I saw Die Hard 4, where the baddie wears a beautiful AP T3, I have wanted it. Happens like that all the time with me, and movies. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

P.S.: Don't worry. Slowing down MASSIVELY starting today. Didn't go to PayPal today at all...except in the morning...where I placed my last 8 orders...really, scout's honour...help.

:p well im saying, if they don't like it, lol let me know :winkiss:

lol and still, get a better shot of it please i want to see how it looks close-up :thumbsupsmileyanim:

remember.. part of the fun of the world of reps is seeing people's creativities... let your imagination be aroused and let your wallet cool down a bit :p

at least for me, das what i like to tell myself even though i'm fighting a bad bad urge to get another watch :thumbdown: a really, really, bad urge .. LOL

oddly enough, the thing that helped me slow down buying pams was purchasing one of homer's eight watch panerai watch boxes. i then decided that my maximum number of pams would be eight. with that end in mind, i started choosing my pams much more carefully.

i'm really happy with my eight:

-063 on prada black strap

-111h pvd coated by rbj on angus ultimate black rubber strap

-112h on a wide assortment of straps

-183h on watch boys black alligator

-187 on either rubber or europelli vintage caramel shell cordovan

-212 on mario paci 2 black with ivory stitching

-217 on europelli black shell cordovan w/ copper stitching

-232 on mario paci papaya brown

are there other pams that i'd like to have? sure, i'd gladly take an 089, 092, 194, 210, 231 and a 252. but i don't NEED to have them in my collection.

deltatahoe

oddly enough, the thing that helped me slow down buying pams was purchasing one of homer's eight watch panerai watch boxes. i then decided that my maximum number of pams would be eight. with that end in mind, i started choosing my pams much more carefully.

HELLO! Can you read my mind, Deltatahoe?? Just today I bought on eBay an 8 watch panerai case (from that nice Panatime chap).

I have the 2/4 already. So that makes *quick calculation, maths never her strong-suit* 14 Panerai I can store. So 3 to go..........

i'm really happy with my eight:

-063 on prada black strap

-111h pvd coated by rbj on angus ultimate black rubber strap

-112h on a wide assortment of straps

-183h on watch boys black alligator

-187 on either rubber or europelli vintage caramel shell cordovan

-212 on mario paci 2 black with ivory stitching

-217 on europelli black shell cordovan w/ copper stitching

-232 on mario paci papaya brown

Having bought a Wojtecki strap today, and Strap Culture, Paw Marker, and one strapmaker's leather keyring in the shape of a strap (LOVE IT!), my remaining strap "wants" are one from Savage, and XaMas. I admit, that Prada of which we have touched on, is a nice dream too...and I like the Papaya brown, but was told they're out.

The models themselves, well, perfection. Increasingly the 112 is taking over the 111, as the "base", yes?

are there other pams that i'd like to have? sure, i'd gladly take an 089, 092, 194, 210, 231 and a 252. but i don't NEED to have them in my collection.

The 089 is fun. I wish I could wear an Arktos, but even I have my limits.

P.S.: It's funny that you have one watch which you use for the "different strap-a-day" or when you want to change it. That's the 111h for me, instead of your 112h. The straps on the other watches I have "matched" with their look, and they pretty much remain with the same strap because of that, but the 111h is the most versatile of all my PAMs, I've noticed.

Heh ann i once recived 4 packages in one week an already talked with my terapist if i need and if this is an addiction help hahahaha ...

so its all good ... were all good hahaahah

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm fairly abstemious. Don't smoke cigarettes, have never had any kind of drugs outside of a chemists, and am faithful to whatever boyfriend I have had (so far).

I think I'm entitled to be a bad girl once in a while, else I'd be as boring as the Lawrence Welk Show.

:o I see a vibrator in that pile of packages......

HEY! Only I'm allowed to say things like that! When a woman does it, it's hot. When a man does it, he's a creep.

I don't make the rules, sir, I just enforce them.

Vic you need help...

I know, I know. On the plus side, there's a Member trade section. So my perfidious strap collecting may be someone's gain, soon...

Guess I'm a creep :ph34r: My one and only creep comment

I'm not quite as bad as you. I only have 3 reps that I bought in a period of 2 weeks.....One of which is my 350.00 SFSO Breitling thou.....

I'm gonna get the Rolex Yatchmaster from twp on the other board.... -_-

terrible.

An impressive haul. You must have got a lot out of your system by now, so I hereby recommend a shift in purchasing.

Slow down and get better quality. I see you're aiming at a DSN Fidsworth, which is the right direction.

Damn, it's good having you here as at my most excessive, I wasn't as bad. Now I can point to you and say "See? I wasn't that bad" next time Mrs Pugwash rolls her eyes at me. :D

Hey, DON'T slow down (!).....a lot of members here are finally living their watch splurge dreams vicariously!! :lol:

Besides - buying reps is a journey, see Phoband's thread from the past 24 hours. If you started with the fully modded $800 reps, then where is there to go except gens after that? Before you know it, you're the local Patek crazy guy you were talking about. It's about the ride!! Bargain hunt away, because a lot of those watches really ARE bargains. They may not be flavour of the month on the forums (which of course gravitate towards the best of the best), but a lot of them can't be beaten for bang for your buck. Your Patek is a great example of such a watch.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hehe i can see my shipment in the pic i am happy that i arrived savley to Miami

Your shot of the package is the one which gave me the idea to post this, Navi. ;)

P.S. and maybe you are crazy, but hey who cares it is a nice hobby we have!!!

Speaking of crazy! And creeps!

Navi, I received that strap from the German strap site you directed me to, and proceeded to bleach it last night.

I did as you said, dab instead of immerse in bleach -- so far, it looks NOTHING like your beautiful distressed strap. What kind of industrial-strength bleach do you guys have in Belgium?? :black_eye:

Don't forget to check out the Midweek Wrist-check, too!

@Cornerstone: That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, on RWG! And instinctively, I know you're right. Thank you! :)

Your shot of the package is the one which gave me the idea to post this, Navi. ;)

Speaking of crazy! And creeps!

Navi, I received that strap from the German strap site you directed me to, and proceeded to bleach it last night.

I did as you said, dab instead of immerse in bleach -- so far, it looks NOTHING like your beautiful distressed strap. What kind of industrial-strength bleach do you guys have in Belgium?? :black_eye:

Don't forget to check out the Midweek Wrist-check, too!

I just used the cheapest bleach i could find in a store it was 99

Edited by NAVIGATER

I just used the cheapest bleach i could find in a store it was 99 €cents for on liter and here in belgium the bleach is realy strong, the rubebr gloves i used to do that where gone in just a minute.

I used no gloves, and consequently, need to change my nail polish! Well, it was time. Even I am tired of my red nails.

Just try it some more times or just leave in in the bleach just fore some minutes but as i said before it is hard to get the bleach smell out of it.

Yeah, it already smells awfully. But I could always wipe it with some leather conditioner. I'll keep tinkering with it, and maybe leave it out in the sun for a while.

Just checked the wristcheck but put it on with the leather strap an you will love it even more

You've been talking to my friends, haven't you?! They like the orange too better, on me. ;)

I used no gloves, and consequently, need to change my nail polish! Well, it was time. Even I am tired of my red nails.

Yeah, it already smells awfully. But I could always wipe it with some leather conditioner. I'll keep tinkering with it, and maybe leave it out in the sun for a while.

You've been talking to my friends, haven't you?! They like the orange too better, on me. ;)

No i havent talked to them but i am a man an it looks great on a woman with the orange leather strap just a little brown skin color and it looks great. Why you think i bought it in the first place......

Yes just leave it in the sun for some days after a bleach bath but before just give it a bath in water with some soap, but dont heat water up because the strap is glued on the sides id did that with the first one :thumbdown:

And you have enough sun back there so it will be ok

Greetings Navi