When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

does this happen to you?

deltatahoe

i've been really busy at work lately (i'm talking 80+ hour weeks), and always cut it close in the morning to maximize the amount of sleep i'm getting. however, despite being busy, i still like to change up what watch i'm wearing each day to go with my mood, clothes, etc. given i don't have a winder and how much i like to rotate through my collection (rarely wearing the same watch twice in the same week), my watch is always "dead" when i put in on in the morning.

while it would probably take about a minute to wind the watch and set the time when i put it on, i'm finding myself throwing the watch on and heading off to work instead. often times i will forget to set the time until much later in the day (ie. today it's 3:45 pm and i just realized i still haven't set the time on my great white).

this has happened to me quite a bit recently. does this happen to anyone else, or am i totally crazy? :crazy:

deltatahoe

if i have any more of these 80+ hour weeks, i really might go crazy :o

oh well, it pays the bills (and funds my watch addiction :D)

Another medical doctor in da house? ;)

(Not to imply that I am one. I do know we have at least one here though)

Deltatahoe, I am notoriously late wherever I go, which drives both my hyper-punctual parents insane. But since starting rep collecting, I've been planning my wardrobe/strap changes overnight.

As I told another member, I change 2 or sometimes 3 times per day, and OBVIOUSLY, I don't repeat my watch since each outfit is a different mood altogether...can I get a what-what from the congregation!

So, what I've been doing is changing the straps just before going to bed at night, having chosen what I will wear for the week and separated the clothes in the closet, every Sunday night (I did say I was half-German, hence methodical, organised, anal, but sadly not punctual).

There are some watches that I keep on their now-designated strap (118/PAV 91), but though I have LOTS of straps -- over 30 -- I am due to get over 20 more...I too do not have a winder, but the strap changing comes in handy because then I just wind all my watches at the same time.

Doesn't take me but 5 minutes to do that. Once a week, I Cape Cod and buff them, as well.

Unlike you then, my watches are never "dead".

But like you, I'm totally doollally. :icecream:

Delta,

As you mentionned it takes a minute to set the time.

So yes you are crazy...not to take at least that minute for you addiction everyday !

Oh, and by the way, working 80 hours a week is normal:

- Set up the time for the watch of the day: 1 minute

- Sleep: 6 hours (360 minutes)

Total: 361 minutes a day

Total available minutes in a day: 1.440 minutes

Remaining minutes: 1.079 (17,98 hours)

Total remaining available hours a week now: 126

Total eating time a week: 7 (hours)

Remaining: 119 (hours)

Working hours a week: 80

Remaining hours: 39 hours

39 hours a week or s$x is 5 and a half hour a day...way too much for any GF :Jumpy:

Take the time for your watches :bangin:

Cheers

Stephane

EDITED: this must be my worst post ever

:sorry:

38 hours a week or s$x is 5 and a half hour a day...way too much for any GF :Jumpy:

Take the time for your watches :bangin:

I was teasing one of our dear collectors the other day, about being at his computer seemingly 24/7, telling him to go out and enjoy life with his girlfriend, etc.

He wrote back, "Vic, when do I have time for women, lol.". :)

Those poor guys, man, and we thought we had it hard. Well some of us do...but they get emails.

@stephane, i'm not sure i got all that (i didn't know froglish applied to math :animal_rooster:), but you're right -- one minute isn't much time to devote to getting the day (and time :)) started right....

@vbarrett, not a doctor -- i work in finance; the workload ebbs and flows, but when a deal pops, it gets crazy :o

deltatahoe

@stephane, i'm not sure i got all that (i didn't know froglish applied to math :animal_rooster:), but you're right -- one minute isn't much time to devote to getting the day (and time :)) started right....

Delta,

That was quite stupid...sorry.

What I wanted to say is that working 80 hours a week is not insane as long as you like it.

I'm among these people that are lucky enough to have full 24 hour exiting days.

Work, fun, necessities...it doesn't make any difference how much time I spend in one of them.

As long as the business I'm running and paid for is healthy.

I also wanted to say: keep spare time for fun.

Could be great diners, time with your kids if any, time with family, s$x with your GF/Wife, beers or wine with friends...

Cheers

Stephane

EDITED: this must be my worst post ever

:sorry:

:lol: no worries stephane -- i got the gist of it :victory:

you're absolutely right -- if you enjoy what you do and make time for the things that matter in life, all will be well. i really can't complain: i really like my job, i'm healthy, have a great family (parents, brother, etc - no wife or kids) and quality friends (including people here at RWG). a guy can't ask for much more.

deltatahoe

You are not alone with the 80 hours a week figure :(

I sometimes also forget to set the time; but like our buddy in Alaska pointed out, there are times when I've forgotten to even put a watch on. Talk about feelin' like I'm stepping onto a Tokyo Subway train at rush hour with no clothes on!

You are not alone with the 80 hours a week figure :(

I sometimes also forget to set the time; but like our buddy in Alaska pointed out, there are times when I've forgotten to even put a watch on. Talk about feelin' like I'm stepping onto a Tokyo Subway train at rush hour with no clothes on!

I'm a paid up member of this club as well. Make hay while the sun shines so they say....

It's easy to put the watch on and then get distracted. Before you know it, it's the afternoon and your watch is on Turkmenistan time! :lol: