When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Replica 2007

Moffey

Ok, there has been a lot of discussion through various threads regards various models of watch, so isnt it time it a top ten of replicas was decided? I propose this thread is dedicated to seeking out the most authentic, accurate, replica on the market regardless of model and compiling some kind of "top ten". Perhaps the best format would be to provide a link to the site and model of the watch you think best fits the criteria and the most popular wins the title of "Best Rep 2007"!!! Hey this could even be an annual award, like our Oscars, I'll let you guys decide...... Happy voting!!! :1a: (...remember to incude a link to your favourite rep or site)

I don't really know if there are some ultimate Omega reps from 2007, perhaps SMP chrono was released this year.

I think the uPO is from 2006.

The best Omega imo are uPO, Constellation Double Eagle (make sure you get the one with correct logo/writings) and the SMP chrono.

The uPO is good but it's not as Ultimate as it claims to be. There are several glaring faults with it that I'm surprised haven't been picked up on (aside from the obvious logo and AR issues):

• Caseback Seahorse Logo is wrong
  • Caseback Font is wrong
  • Diving Extension has a small 'bridge' of metal across the slot where it meets the circular hole (however this is easily removed with a little screwdriver and is probably a QC error than a genuine fault)
  • Pearl is placed too far south in the triangle

That said, I love my UPO. The build quality is as good as a Gen and will fool all but the most trained of eyes. That's good enough for me.

Edited by The Mentalist

...apologies if i wasnt as clear as I perhaps could have been. The poll is intended to identify the most accurate replica of the Omega brand of watch only. This is then open to any of the models under the Omega banner (..ie Broad Arrow, Moonwatch, planet ocean etc etc). I originally thought that not only would it be interesting to see which came top, but the inclusion of the links to each respective site would allow visitors and members alike to view the best on offer all in one thread. I hope that you will all continue to add your thoughts and links!!

Van we clarify what we're supposed to be 'voting' on?

Is it best Omega rep of 2007?

Or is it the best Omega rep we owned in 2007?

If it's the former, there are no good Omega reps out in 2007. If it's the latter, I'll vote Discontinued Moonwatch or closed factory 007 ( not that I owned one, but I know people who did).

Now, if you wanted to vote best Omega of 2006, I'd say uPO.

My advice: create a poll listing the watches you want us to vote from.

When did the SMP chrono come out?

I would have to go for my railmaster but i dont know when that came out.

me too

I wrote this review in November 16th, 2006. Mine is from the first batch, with correct ETA datewheel. I guess it came out in October... or early November 2006.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=15282

UPO came out in December, 2006.

....perhaps its best not to get to hung up on the "2007" bit. It was literally just to gauge the general concensous of the best available and most accurate Omega replicas available, it just happens to be occuring in 2007 thats all!! Pugwash, i did consider creating a poll but then thought id come under fire for missing or leaving out certain models. Also the hope was that people would leave a link to the watch that they considered the best available, creating a onestop thread for friends and members alike to quickly persuse the best the web has to offer, though so far this doesnt seem to have caught on. Im just a newb, trying to create a bit of discussion and interest, please feel free to recreate this in a more user friendly format if i havent perhaps done the best job I could. Sincere apologies if this is the case.

It was literally just to gauge the general concensous of the best available and most accurate Omega replicas available

Well, apparently, the most accurate available is the Railmaster and best in my opinion is the Ultimate PO. :D

Everything else (including links) is here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=426

cop-out link? Sure, but it's got all the links you'd need.

By no means take this set-back as a reason not to try to get info, by the way.

I personally don't love the uPO. I would say it ranks behind *any* of the 'real' super-reps. It sits so big on the wrist that it's appreciably bigger than a 44mm Pam or the Cousteau or HBB- at least in terms of my own subjective size assessment. It isn't really ergonomically big...it's like a hunk of steel...which is great for those with a wrist that is 7.5 inches or larger- but for those of us with anything smaller, it's not great.

I have a SFSO on the way and I only hope that it sits better on the wrist.

The gen planet ocean has AR that is double sided and sooo strong, that the single sided AR on the rep, while better than previous iterations, is still less than convincing, IMO. I know some gen owners buff off the exposed side- but still....

....perhaps its best not to get to hung up on the "2007" bit. It was literally just to gauge the general concensous of the best available and most accurate Omega replicas available, it just happens to be occuring in 2007 thats all!! Pugwash, i did consider creating a poll but then thought id come under fire for missing or leaving out certain models. Also the hope was that people would leave a link to the watch that they considered the best available, creating a onestop thread for friends and members alike to quickly persuse the best the web has to offer, though so far this doesnt seem to have caught on. Im just a newb, trying to create a bit of discussion and interest, please feel free to recreate this in a more user friendly format if i havent perhaps done the best job I could. Sincere apologies if this is the case.

Confused ? :cc_confused: :bangin: Ever thought, "I wish I'd never started....." :lol:

My vote goes to the Byzantium model. It's not so common in gen or rep versions, but the rep I got is the closest to gen as I've seen anywhere. I got mine in May.

My only gripe is the datewheel, which is slightly off, being a little off-position toward the centre of the dial, and the font is inaccurate, too. A small issue, but one that I've been attempting to resolve with Jay and Angel for many months, now. I don't have a pic of a gen, but here's the one from the Omega site. I'll attempt a shot of mine, though I'm not so hot with the camera.

BTW: It keeps perfect time ever since it was regulated. It gets compliments all the time.

post-6467-1188435521_thumb.jpg

post-6467-1188435611_thumb.jpg

Edited by f5mando