When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project TT

tootall

Hello everyone.

I had made this strap a few months ago for a good friend. I put this on another forum and wanted to show it off here as well. I am extremely proud of this piece, and since I don't post much over here I thought it would be a great way to start doing just that.

Anyways here are the thousand other words I could say:

IMG_1359_5_1_1.jpg

IMG_1357_4_1_1.jpg

IMG_1355_3_1_1.jpg

IMG_1351_1_1.jpg

tt4.jpg

tt3.jpg

tt5.jpg

Let me know what you all think :D

Wow, tootall, beautiful and... different, love it :clap3: I have seen stuff like that on knife-holsters, there are some very gifted knife-makers here in Denmark. Trying to figure out how you did it. :g:

Regards, Volker

ps.: the edge-coat a bit massive for my taste, I prefer burnishing the edges by hand....

Thanks guys for the compliments. I was trying to make it look more like a muscle.

Wow, tootall, beautiful and... different, love it :clap3: I have seen stuff like that on knife-holsters, there are some very gifted knife-makers here in Denmark. Trying to figure out how you did it. :g:

Regards, Volker

ps.: the edge-coat a bit massive for my taste, I prefer burnishing the edges by hand....

It was easy, LOL. j/k. I did it with multiple layers of goatskin. I used goatskin, because it stretches the best. If you can hand burnish goatskin be my guest. Goatskin imo is impossible to hand burnish, especially soft temper goatskin. It stretches too much and with the amount layers I used, it would be a problem. Just PM me if you want to discuss it more, I made a word doc explanation on "how" I did it.

Here is a good example of how I hand burnish other pieces (make it slick as glass)

IMG_1604_1_1.jpg

Thanks guys for the compliments. I was trying to make it look more like a muscle.

It was easy, LOL. j/k. I did it with multiple layers of goatskin. I used goatskin, because it stretches the best. If you can hand burnish goatskin be my guest. Goatskin imo is impossible to hand burnish, especially soft temper goatskin. It stretches too much and with the amount layers I used, it would be a problem. Just PM me if you want to discuss it more, I made a word doc explanation on "how" I did it.

Here is a good example of how I hand burnish other pieces (make it slick as glass)

IMG_1604_1_1.jpg

I see, thanks for explaining. I bow in awe. Must be very time consuming, all and all.... wow. And no, I can't hand burnish goatskin :)

• 1 month later...
Guest carlsbadrolex

That is amazing... I have been playing with very simple designs for a couple months now. Ive invested quite alot in tools, books and materials, but THAT is truly artistic! My hat is off to you!!!

• 10 months later...