When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yacht Master II ... Seriously

BobM

Yes, yes ... I know so many of y'all think this is the ugliest hunk of wrist metal to come along in a long time, but ... Some others of us really are interested in this watch. I am. And I am prepared to defend my interest in the watch, if anybody requires that.

What I really want to know is, by when we might expect to see a good replication of this watch? By, say, 1st of the year, you think? :g:

What I really want to know is, by when we might expect to see a good replication of this watch? By, say, 1st of the year, you think? :g:

If, by good replication you mean running seconds at 6:00 with a chronograph and a countdown timer that's programmed using a rotating bezel complication that's integrated into the movement, I'm going to guess: never.

I'm not sure that a correctly printed subdial and proper crownguards will make that watch. You'll still have the issue of the appearance of a second hand that doesn't function, a constantly running stopwatch, and an extra hand that doesn't do anything. I can't imagine the demand for such a thing would warrant its production.

the watch would look much much better if they took the big "YACHTMASTER II" off the bezel... Im sure the asian movement companies will eventually come up with a running sec@6 for this model but as for the other complications, i seriously doubt it. The gen is a very advanced watch.

I don't think we would get a good YMII rep:

1.) It's a new in-house movement from Rolex with running sec@6 + 10minutes count-down function (No ETA/Asian movement could do this, if they going to mod the existing movement. Can u trust a problematic-movement? Have u read about the most beautiful POS Rolex Daytona sec@6? )

2.) As Angus told us before; case size, Lug-size...almost everything are totally different size with the current Rolex collection. I think it's too expensive for watchmaker to develope a whole new thing just for 1 model only....Even they do; How many people willing to pay for it? (Did u notice the price of HBB, Cantier Santo?)

3.) Ceramic material are very difficult to source for maker & the product cost of a cermaic bezel is extremely high.

Once a again, forget about it..... :(

Best regards,

Raymond

... you know.. if you took a stainless steel Yachty2 case.. black dial and used a new ceramic GMT black bezel and/or insert... you might have something cool.. and well ya fix those crown guards a bit becasue they look too rounded and wimpy.. maybe someone here with some skills can photoshop one up for us..

:g:

Lonnie

oh you wait.. they will throw a sec@6 from a daytona in there or something to get the functioning subdial... Then we'll have a another timebomb to talk about...

I just got this daytona with zenith 31 jewel movement and the running seconds @6 works great, they should put that in the YM

What?!?!

*EXACTLY*

• 4 months later...