When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR Coating for everybody!

k2222

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

K2222,

Would you, please, ask your optics lab there to help you capture the specs on this process? ... so we might be able to use those specs and your experience to setup a similar arrangement in North America.

Sounds like an excellent thing to have available.

Thanks for your initiative.

So is this the answer to our Asian SFSO?

Buy from Silix for $100 plus $16 shipping then get the Ar done for $55 Total = $171 compared to $330 plus shipping for the ETA?

Also if the Asian movement craps out just get a new one from Cousins for $10

Who needs ETA :)

Absolutely. The Swiss SFSO is nice, but not twice as nice than an asian. The spare $170 will buy you a first class lume job, a nice strap and maybe even a stelita movement if you can source one. You then would have an SFSO that doesn't bust a reasonable rep/gen cost ratio...which 5 or 6 Franklins for a modded and strapped Swiss version certainly does.

I'm in for the 3 AR, pending pics or a successful first run.

Absolutely. The Swiss SFSO is nice, but not twice as nice than an asian. The spare $170 will buy you a first class lume job, a nice strap and maybe even a stelita movement if you can source one. You then would have an SFSO that doesn't bust a reasonable rep/gen cost ratio...which 5 or 6 Franklins for a modded and strapped Swiss version certainly does.

I'm in for the 3 AR, pending pics or a successful first run.

Considering i just received all 3 colours from Silix last week, i think ill do Ar on them all

This would be a smart mod for those with a uPO. A double-sided crystal would add greatly to the appearance, and would essentially make the uPO a 'verifiable' super-rep.

My PP is a mocoque design- meaning the movement is removed from the case up through the crystal hole?- hopefully someone is feeling up to the challenge.

If I'd known the service would be back, I probably wouldn't have purchased my ETA Steelfish...

Someone could do very nicely to get a hold of an asian SFSO and an asian uPO and send them for treatment.

The benefit of this service, vs. the previously offered one, is that the organizer is able to do AR removal on watches that have light AR coating. That opens up the realm of possibility somewhat.

I hope the organizer has an efficient means of stripping AR from the already-treated crystals, as I've read that it can be something of a chore.

Yes it can be. I had mine removed with a dremel and diamond paste I think. I would imagine a lab will use a corrosive based agent to strip the existing AR from the crystal. It was surprising on the Navitimer crystal, even though only a slight ar, it was very durable and tough to remove!!

Yes it can be. I had mine removed with a dremel and diamond paste I think. I would imagine a lab will use a corrosive based agent to strip the existing AR from the crystal. It was surprising on the Navitimer crystal, even though only a slight ar, it was very durable and tough to remove!!

You can use to remove AR cape cod. I did that.

Edited by szumi

@k2222

I suggest you update your e-mailaddress on file here at RWG to a valid e-mailaddress. All e-mails sent to you (PM notifications, e-mail sent from the board by members, etc.) are returned because the "user is unknown" at your ISP.