When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It pisses me off...

V

This happens all the time. So, just live with it if you decide to sell. There are people like that in the real world.

You may sell it as "First come, first serve." Don't hold the watch for anyone until you receive payment.

I ve sold a few watches on RWI and whoever paid me first got the watch. It worked great for me.

Btw, that 's a nice fiddy with all the upgrades that I wanted to do on mine.

Did you hear your otherside telling you to keep it? Keep it. :)

Edited by cwai02

An unfortunate and frustrating aspect of selling just about anything these days. Lots of 'tire kickers' per se. I try to avoid selling anything as much as possible, but if I do, it's only amongst either a small group of friends, or to trusted members on the forum.

Most of the time, the majority of my stuff never even gets to the point of selling on the forum...

Edited by ubiquitous

I know.. and there is specifically a guy in this forum that when something comes up show like being interested...

Maybe we should make a list of them for future reference, so if someone wants to do something like this in the future will know the consequenses.

Yes... welcome to the world of sales. Get used to it :-(

Just sell to people you know and trust... don't waste time on cherry pickers

More complete explanations of the watch may help, but yours seemed pretty good, you're just gonna get that.

Just wait til you start trying to sell straps my friend!

Seems Neil has found the easiest solution with the "buy now" button... wondering why other dealers doesn't adopt this... there aren't any typings about a special brand and so on...

I can feel your pain about this... but beeing an oldtimer doesn't mean you're an easy customer... ;)

As said "First come, first serve" will work best apart a well known member/ friend of you is asking to hold it for him for a few days...

In my experience, some of it is about the price. A 100 dollar (us) watch goes fast and easy, anything in the 300-500 range will be slower with lots of people showing some interest but no committment. The only part of this I don't enjoy is waiting for it to get to the person and get there in working order.

In my experience, some of it is about the price. A 100 dollar (us) watch goes fast and easy, anything in the 300-500 range will be slower with lots of people showing some interest but no committment. The only part of this I don't enjoy is waiting for it to get to the person and get there in working order.

I agree... lower grade watches sell easier.

I am also irritated when people try to hit you with a VERY lowball offer. I was selling a watch some time ago, and some goon offered me 1/2 of my asking price. ONE HALF!!

So, I laughed and told him that his offer was an insult. He PMed me back with lots of choice words and hoped I never sold my "POS" watch! I wound up selling it for full price...

The nerve of some people. Oh well, I have had the same experience selling watches from $100 to $5000, so it's just human nature.

Frustrating, though...

Lowballers are the worst. If you are asking $500 and someone offers $200 (and $500 is justified) it is very annoying.

I agree. You have a watch listed at $200 (that is $225 with our dealers) and they offer $100, shipped Express to another country :thumbdown:

The other thing that is an irritation is the person who asks for 3-4 more specific pics. So you take the pics, and Photoshop them, and email them, and never hear another word from them.

This is a hobby for me and is supposed to be fun so I try and not let the lowballers and professional lookers get to me. But I have started just not responding to absurd lowball offers...

I feel your pain veni...

Almost makes you want to out them eh? The last member I dealt with said "yeah, I will pp you tomorrow" - four days later, no pp and no reply. Sent a couple of PMs to follow up; met by complete silence.

The kicker: a few days later this person posts about a comparable model bought from someone else. No class, no courtesy. But...all you can do is :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I enjoy sending this reply to an insulting low offer "sorry, sold it at asking price" I sold my gen pam for 3300 (which was great deal since it was practically new) and got a few offers at 2800. A really low offer means the person thinks you are ignorant or desperate, niether is a compliment.

sorry to hear Veni. If I didnt have so much money tied up right now in watches, I'd take this one from your hands.

Btw, I had a question regarding the 127 and the gen movement it comes with. It comes with the swiss 6497 unitas with NO SWAN NECK right? I think I read somewhere that taking the swiss unitas 6497 movement from a 183g would make the 127 more accurate, is this right? Is this what you've done with this rep?

Never had a problem in the past.. just some guy who said the strap was 21,5 mm instead of 22 mm and wanted a refund.. :blink:

:lol::lol:

@Veni: Seriously now ..... I am sorry to hear to your selling is get so frustrating.

Dont know how easy is to adopt the "TTK Buy Now Button" , but if easy , maybe this the way to go.

Cheer-up my friend.

Edited by AMK000

I feel your pain veni...

Almost makes you want to out them eh? The last member I dealt with said "yeah, I will pp you tomorrow" - four days later, no pp and no reply. Sent a couple of PMs to follow up; met by complete silence.

The kicker: a few days later this person posts about a comparable model bought from someone else. No class, no courtesy. But...all you can do is :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:rolleyes:

Sadly seems to be the way on most sites, no matter what you are selling not to say there arent some fab buyers out there though. I have a confession to make though, I was very seriously tempted by your fiddy as its a great package but never having owned a 47mm added with the fact that I just ordered 2 new pams this week I have had to resist !

That doesn't make any sense. You can pp day or night. The ONLY time I have every said I want it but have to hold on is when it is over the $200 (the max I keep in my pp account)and I have to wait the 2-3 days to tranfer funds from the bank account. OR...if they need a bit more I will simply send an echeck, it is still 2-3 days but then the seller at least has a bit of confirmation that you as a buyer are making an effort.

I guess that my be why more expensive reps don't sell as fast, it takes more effort to get the cash "portable" sometimes.

Edited by speedy1