When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Genta love...

yellomen

Last week my new Patek Philippe Nautilus arrived and joined the Vacheron Constantin Overseas, the IWC Ingenieur and Ingenieur chronograph. So just a few shots to share some Genta love :rolleyes:

For those of you who have no clue what i'm talking about... Gerald Genta designed some classic watches, like the first Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, the Vacheron Constantin Overseas, the IWC Ingenieur and the Patek Philippe Nautilus. His design are famous for the way the bracelet and case flow over into eachother.

I think there has been said enough about these watches, but i have to tell you guys that i am totally amazed by the pure quality of the Nautilus. It is very thin, incredibly classy (a rolex daydate on presidential bracelet couldn't come near this class for a dress watch) and simply beautiful :wub:

Now on to the pixx :D

nautilus08.gif

nautilus07.gif

nautilus06.gif

nautilus05.gif

ingechrono01.gif

ingechrono02.gif

inge02.gif

inge04.gif

inge03.gif

overseas01.gif

overseas02.gif

overseas03.gif

overseas04.gif

overseas05.gif

some Genta friends together :)

3genta03.gif

3genta02.gif

3genta01.gif

And of course all the photographic work had to be inspected...

check.gif

beautiful pics of beautiful watches...I have just read that Geral Genta will join Hublot to help them in design of new watches that will be presented at Baselworld 2008...so you will add in one year time a new one to your collection that is designed by GG...

Nice post, and photos...

All you need is the AP RO to help complete the Gerald Genta collection of classics.

All of these watches designed back in the day. He is in fact going to Hubolt next year.

Can't wait to see his new 'Bang' series of signature pieces.

Here is the black dial Nautilus. What a beautiful watch. Thin too win.

post-22-1189026787_thumb.jpgpost-22-1189026901_thumb.jpg

Really good photo's, my own Genta collection is already planned, but yet to start - the Nautilus is the favourite to kick it off though..... very soon, hopefully.

Shots like these emphasise the design integrity where the functional aspect (time/date indication) was totally supported by the integrated case and bracelet, with neither detracting from the other, yet seeming to combine and improve the overall aesthetic .............wow, that came out better than I thought :lol: .....think I should go back to my shed now......

prof

@Euno... that's a great collection! and a nice pictuures :)

@All... thanx ... the pictures are quite crappy actually. The lighting was too intense due to the only sunny day we've had this summer. You can see the reflection of the crystal too much although i use a lighttent. Guess i need more experience messing with the whitebalance...

It's also good visible that all my Genta love is soon going to Chieftang for AR coatings and when they come back from uncle Chief they're really top notch :D

Excellent pictures! :)

The Inge is my only Gerald Genta watch at the moment. I like it, but have no plans of adding some of his other designs to my collection.

Genta has also designed a Rolex.... The little-known Oysterquartz model! :)

Bravo YelloF.

Great pics and watches.

Now, don't you miss one ....AP RO Chronometer ?

Endless isn't it :lol:

Cheers

Stephane

Thanx mate :)

And yes it's endless... i already had the AP RO several years ago and sold it back than because the Panerai bug had bitten me badly! I also had all vintage and new MBW rolex models... and sold them again... this makes it even more endless ;)

..aks Oliver... now there might be another turn in events... :)