When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So... what's on your radar?

By-Tor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBW Royal OakOffshore from Paso, 'Paul'

MBW Patex Nautilus Jumbo from Paso 'paul"

The New Corum wll hell this one will come from me

ANd the last two will be mine when they are released.

Both of these are due out at the end of the year

Zenith Defy

Graham Sworfish

Yes mates there are going to be some nice watches rolling out around X-MAS time.

Sure you didn't had a gen in your hands, otherwise you'd have noticed the lack of strong AR on the rep and the difference in color on dial numbers and markers (gen are darkened metal, not shiny steel as in the rep).

You should not be so sure luisik. The fact is I was in a Bvlgari watch and jewlery store in the Caesars Forum shops when I tried this watch on and It was most certainly the genuine article. You must be referring to Joshuas comparison photos which show the engraving to br lighter in tone then the gen. It is still a superb rep in my book and will be on my wrist very soon. I will post photos of it then.

- Omega Seamaster 2254 (closed factory)

- Omega SMP Chronograph

- Seadweller (the much anticpated super-rep)

- Breitling Avenger/Super Avenger

Almost forgot, gotta include Roger Dubuis Easy Diver.

UPO black bezel with orange numbers (yeah, I figure I'm probably the last guy on the board to buy a UPO)

Royal Oak Jumbo

At some point I also might want to replace my first gen TT Santos 100

Hahahaha, you are not the only one who hasn't bought the UPO yet......

I'm thinking also to get one. :g:

Currently I own

Omega PO 4th gen on genuine diverstrap,

Omega SMP Chrono (first batch with correct datefont)

IWC Ingenieur

IWC Aquatimer Diver Cousteau

Breitling Chronomat Evolution Ultimate

Breitling SFSO ETA

MBW Rolex SD 1665

Stonemariner

Wishlist:

HBB Black Magic

MBW PP Nautilus

MBW AP ROO EOD

IWC 3717 with AR and datewheel mod

DEFY EXTREME... ?! :lol:

Thanks for sharing Bytor...

I own a lot of reps - but only those that I think are super reps - or those that could become super-reps.

I am eagerly awaiting the:

1. Rolex Sea-Dweller - Super Rep (but only if it is a super rep - or can take gen parts)

2. IWC Aquatimer - also has to be a super rep. I have an ETA 7750 waiting for it - if it is worthy.

3. ANY Panerai that can actually pass as a super rep. ( I have an 063 which is nearly perfect except for those "A's") There have only been two Panerai's which even have the right "A" in the dial lettering: the 089, and new Arktos and Northpole. However, both of those have problems which can not easily be solved. So here's to hoping that one of the super rep factories actually chooses a Panerai to make.

Before anyone says the typical "you are being too anal" comment --- that is the fun of this hobby for me - trying to make the watches perfect.

Right now (for today at least) my fav rep is my Omega 45.5 Ultimate PO with gen dial.

Well, my collection right now consists of

Navitimer

Chrono Avenger

Pam 192

Mini Fiddy

Orange UPO Lite

Black UPO Lite

Vintage Milgaus

TT DateJust.

There are only a couple of watches that I'm eying right now (SFSO, EVO, Ferrari Chrono), but I am really interested in a Montblanc Timewalker Chrono.

Currently I own

[...]

Omega SMP Chrono (first batch with correct datefont)

[...]

I was lucky enough to receive that exact early version too (thanks again EL). The hell freezes over before I let that one go.

so far, anything in my radar has always led me to buy a gen of that brand, since to me, I see that a rep is kinda like an extended "test drive" of that one car you always had your eye on, but wanna build some emotional value to it before commiting to it full-on (sounds like spouses, too. :p ).

Since X-mas time is coming around, bonus time will come near as well. I see myself liking the Zenith Defy eXtreme (am I the SECOND person that likes it?!?!) and possibly buying it. As far as the reps go, though, those Panerai ARKTOS models are looking mighty purdey (no pun intended!) as well.

Edited by anton

1. Rolex Sea-Dweller - Super Rep (but only if it is a super rep - or can take gen parts)

Lots of people are having big expectations about that watch. They'd better do it right this time... I think people generally are completely fed up with sub-par Rolex reps. Such simple watches to replicate... such medicore results.

While I like the new Zeniths a lot... I still think the classic El Primero Flyback series is still their best (design wise). Very conservative, yes, but the "Rainbow" Flyback does it for me. Doubt we'll ever see a rep though.

B122_Zenith_rainbow_4.JPG

Lots of people are having big expectations about that watch. They'd better do it right this time... I think people generally are completely fed up with sub-par Rolex reps. Such simple watches to replicate... such medicore results.

Completely agree. That said - we all are way more critical of any Rolex rep because it is the number one copied watch. Since even genuine Rolexes are immediately guilty of being reps until proven innocent, a rep has to be even that much more perfect. I mean - all of our super reps have a little flaw here or there - which if found on the Rolex sport watches - would immediately put them in sub-par status (unless they could be fixed - like an insert).

I have both the MBW 1665 and the MBW 1680 - so my Rolex appetite is satiated for now. However, I would jump on the Modern Sea Dweller in a heartbeat if they get it right. Those MBW are great - but boy does it take dilligence and moola to get them into acceptable shape.

Here's hoping we see a 2824 or 2892 version of the Sea Dweller instead of the ole 2836. :excl:

The list changes on an almost daily basis, but here's what I'm wishing for:

MBW PP Nautilus Jumbo

PVD B&R 03

Cartier Santos 100 (Chrono TT or plain non-chrono, not yet decided, maybe both!)

DSN Fiddy

IWC 3717

AP RO

FM Conqistador (square face)

Seiko Monster (Orange)

And here's what I currently own:

UPO with pumpkin bezel

Pam 111H

IWC F.A. Jones

Mini Fiddy

IWC BP (hoping for the new one in '08)

cheers,

prof

Like other people have stated, I am crossing my fingers they get a great version of the GMT II.. but I am not holding my breath. I don't understand why they have such a hard time repping Rlx... the design, for the most part, seems pretty straight forward :huh:

Current collection

Gen Rolex 16610

Gen HAmilton X-wind

Gen vintage Omega

Gen Tissot seastar 1000

IWC Ingeniuer

IWC GST Ti

IWC FA jones

PAM 177G Modded

PAM 111H modded

Tag Link Chrono (Grey)

Rolex Noobmariner 16610 ETA slightly modded

Rolex Noobmariner 16610 Asian

Rolex datejust ETA

Chopard Grand Turismo XL (Black)

+ a couple of Seikos

Thinking of selling

Chopard Grand Turismo XL (Black)

Seikos

PAM 111H modded (I prefer the painted dials)

Rolex Datejust

One rolex 16610

Tissot seastar 1000

Incoming

PAM 082

Wishlist

pp Nautilus

IWC Aquatimer Chrono

PAM 089

Breitling SFSO (White)

Omega UPO 45 mm

WC Aquatimer Costeau