When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lost and Found

Victoria

My father found a Rolex laying on a sandy beach just outside of San Diego.

MY MOTHER TOO! Well, change beach to telephone booth and San Diego to Copenhagen, but it's the same story. ;)

He reported it and placed an ad in the local paper, but it was never claimed.

He had it serviced and has been wearing it for the last 20 years.

We went to the police (very nice, Danish police) and they held it for 3 months, if memory serves. No one claimed it, so she kept it! I will ask her if I can take a photo of the SOLID GOLD Rollie...but I've made a pact with my parents. No gens in wrist-checks, etc. I've made one or two exceptions without you guys noticing, but this is her watch, so we'll see.

What model was your dad's found Rolex, do you know? :)

ive lost my beloved casio illuminator during some crazy alcohol parties back in 2004, some bastard just didnt admit he took it while I left it on the table :) it was a nice day, cuz soon after that my rep world kick started :p

If I havent lost that watch who knows if I'd be here now ;)

Hi there,

I once lost a watch. I was about 12 years old and received a nice quartz LED watch as a present from my parents. It was once of those

fancy watches where you had to push a button and the time was then shown on the display.

So only a few weeks after I got this watch I left it in the locker room at a near by open air bath. I still don't want to think about the trouble I had with my parents :o

Moppel

Someone stole my genuine Breitling Navitimer World w/Bracelet (blue face) out of my office in April '07. Filed a police report (LOL) including Serial #s, and reported the serials to BUSA and my AD. It was pretty upsetting, especially since it was only 4 months old. Thankfully it was insured, however, the feeling of violation you have after you've been robbed cannot be magically forgotten, no matter how much money you get in return.

The big kicker of the story is that I had my Zeno w/MF strap sitting right next to the Navi. The Zeno, to an average Joe, looks plenty expensive; at least expensive-looking enough to make it worth grabbing while stealing my Navi (if there was a $10 dollar bill under the navi, it would be worth grabbing it, let alone the Zeno, no?). The Zeno sat untouched in the drawer. Go figure. If only it had happened the other way around. Given that both were in a locked drawer, and the thief took only one, it seemed quite premeditated by the thief's part. I hope the Serial # turns up and the scumbag gets caught for it.

Ironically, a very good friend of mine had a Breitling Blackbird ('03) stolen after a well-known member of the racing club he belonged to offered to help him get service for it. The thief took the watch, and disappeared off the surface of the earth. Considering the cost of club racing, and how established the thief was in the aforementioned club, it's pretty ridiculous that he would give the entire world up, and disappear under a rock for a watch. If he wanted yet another watch so badly and couldn't afford it, he could've sold his car and bought one that ran in a lower class. Some people really need to be taken care of by evolution. As a PS, my friend hadn't insured the watch. Glad he learned the lesson on the Breitling instead of the JD GS Email that he just got!

From time to time paranoia gets to me and I stop thinking rationally. :bangin: I remember reading about burglaries in our neighborhood (way before I got into rep collecting) and bought two fake tin-cans (foam inside, a screw-in bottom and great pictures of Minestrone on the outside) for my gen watches, two Fortis and a Rolly GMT Master. Now, my beloved wife and I were not living together then, and I kept my watches in the kitchen drawer, inside the tin-cans, when I went to work. When we decided to move together, my darling Ms. german-in-denmark helped me to pack my stuff. And as women go, they are practical and tidy, she threw out a lot of stuff that she figured had gone overdue, including those two cans of Minestrone, that felt dried out.... :whistling: I love my wife...

Cheers,

Volker

[censored]ing Italing post stole my GENUINE Breitling Chrono Avenger with box and papers....

I hope you had it insured unlike mine... to get around customs charges :( $2k down the drain :cry:

This was only a few months ago and the guy who sold it to me has disappeared - he was on eBay and Timezone and nothing, nada, no money back even from the $100 insurance :(

Edited by Chronus

From time to time paranoia gets to me and I stop thinking rationally. :bangin: I remember reading about burglaries in our neighborhood

That's what you get for living with the drugged-out hippies in Christiania! :lol:

And as women go, they are practical and tidy, she threw out a lot of stuff that she figured had gone overdue, including those two cans of Minestrone, that felt dried out.... :whistling: I love my wife...

:o

I bet you you were not as calm then, as you seem about the whole thing now. I would've been devastated...why didn't you tell her what was inside, though??

That's what you get for living with the drugged-out hippies in Christiania! :lol:

:o

Fristaden is about 200 km from here, I've been there twice in my life... :D

I bet you you were not as calm then, as you seem about the whole thing now. I would've been devastated...why didn't you tell her what was inside, though??

Yeah, why didn't I? My mistake entirely. I blamed only myself then, my wife was devastated... Knowing my temper :angry:, I was relatively calm, though. We hardly ever talk about it, we "don't mention the war"... ;)

[censored], I just heard that one of my all time heroes, Joe Zawinul, died of skin cancer yesterday, 75 years old. Last year, during Copenhagen Jazz Festival, we stayed at Kong Arthur (the hotel where most jazz musicians stay) and actually had coffee with him and the Syndicate... Bloody shame... :(