When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fall in love with noobmariner again

bklm1234

Originally got it for someone else but he actually wants a LV. Stupid me. When it came, it looked great except the datewheel overlay had super-bold dates.

IMG_2104.jpg

no problem, swapped in one with thinner dates (normal noobmariner datewheel overlay). Voila. I feel I rediscovered the noobmariner. The noobmariner has been known for having the best dial and bracelet. Besides, it has the best rehaut thickness which is very important to me. Many subs have so little thickness they feel bald to me. Everybody knows the rehaut isn't deep enough. It's really not that bad given it's so strong in so many departments. The CGs are very decent. I'm not even gonna mod them. The crown is oversized but the teeth definition is as good as gen's. This one happens to have very sharp teeth which are not to be taken for granted. The teeth vary from one watch to the next. I'm keeping this one and wearing it as is. The simple answer to "who has the best sub" is ask your favorite dealer for a noobmariner. TTK, Josh, Andrew, Paul, Eddie Lee, River, Narikaa, TWP, etc.

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

Mine has good teeth definition, not always the case.

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

Pearl is zit-like but at least it's round. At a distance it's actually acceptable.

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

mine has really nice recessed insert, not always the case, again.

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

-bk

I've always said the Noobmariner is the best out-of-the-box Sub. And this comes from a guy who has owned them all... the whole rehaut issue is way exaggerated (imho).

Noobys rule! (the default pearl sucks though)

4b.jpg

All of my noobs have had the correct date font, but it looks like a moving target type of situation to me. Things are changing. My pearls have all been better than bk's latest, but I know he can fix it. I've got TTK's original, josh's beginmariner, Pauls' prefect and River's eta copy movt sub.

It was brought to my attention by a buyer ( who is also a friend....bought the NOOB for a buddy who knows nothing about them....and is happy ennough wioth teh datewheel)......so now I do NOT accept for sale from my supplier any NOOBMARINER that has 'thick' datewheel fonts.....I cherrypick only the best.......and I have plenty in stock now.....:D

Hi, this is indeed a nice piece of watch straight out from the box.

Next, so sorry to borrow this thread.. Hi TTK glad to hear that you have many Noobmariners for sale now. I have dropped you a note some time back for the LV Noobmariner and I received a confirmation from you that you have one for me but now I'm pending the payment details from you. My email is alant.rwg@------- hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Josh's noobmariner (called the beginmariner which has a Asian 28,800 bph movt) is known to have bold date font. You should double-check with Josh or any dealers to make sure you're not getting that. I haven't seen TTK's having the bold font and he assured that now, excellent.

-bk

I have one of his "early issue Begin's", and the date font is not bold at all...And the pearl is properly sized, and most importantly....perfectly centered on the triangle...all in all one of my best rep deal to date!! ;) ;) ;)

I just bought two noobmariners from Josh for a friend. I was really suprised by the change to the bolded date font. I purchased a previous one from him and it was a perfect date font. When I emailed him about the poor quality bold font his response was that it was a change to make it more like the gen! I also noticed that the date font sits too low in the window. This is really dissapointing...I have had better quality control from Josh in the past. Is his QC going down?

How do I obtain an overlay for the date wheel? Is it an easy fix?

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for any help.

"Rower"