When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest on Hublot Ceramic watches

hambone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In defence of the system - not in defence of Andrew and/or Josh - I am obliged to point out ... a sale is a voluntary transaction between two parties.

I don't see anybody twisting anybody's arms to buy from Josh/Andrew. Those who, for their own reasons, believe buying a watch from them is a good thing for that buyer/person, will buy the watch. Those among us who believe it is not in our best interest to buy a certain watch from Josh/Andrew, will not.

We have choices. Hooray for RWG! We have choices.

Make you own choices. Why is everybody hammering at those dealers? You don't want to buy from them, don't buy.

Make you own choices. Why is everybody hammering at those dealers? You don't want to buy from them, don't buy.

In a nutshell, RWG 1 was started to provide a forum for people to discuss replicas and avoid getting ripped off. As many senior members point out time & again $1000 for a replica watch is a SCAM

In defence of the system - not in defence of Andrew and/or Josh - I am obliged to point out ... a sale is a voluntary transaction between two parties.

I don't see anybody twisting anybody's arms to buy from Josh/Andrew. Those who, for their own reasons, believe buying a watch from them is a good thing for that buyer/person, will buy the watch. Those among us who believe it is not in our best interest to buy a certain watch from Josh/Andrew, will not.

I am obliged to bring forth that this thread is about supposed decency. Decency about removing stuff that supposedly reached a roof in pricing. Can we still suppose that? If no, then there are comments to why we can't do that.

Transactions like this require a certain amount of trust. If Andrew did indeed say he wasn't going to stock this, because he respects his customers, and then decides to stock them, where is that respect and trust?

However, let's not forget, we just have Hamfist's word on this and he's not the most reliable of witnesses by all accounts. :D

A little common sense at last - well said !! I have bought a number of reps and used a number of dealers (sorry, "collectors"). At the end of the day, you know how much you are willing to spend and the choice is out there. The old addage "You get what you pay for" may not always hold much water as far as the watches themselves are concerned but it often seems to work for the after sales service. I've bought a similar watch to one that Andrew or Josh are selling, for $50 less from another dealer but when it has gone "[censored] up" it has been a right royal pain in the butt to get it repaired/replaced. I know that if I'd paid that extra $50 from Josh/Andrew, the problem would have been sorted with no drama.

At the end of the day, we all have free will to buy what we want from whoever we want - at least with Josh, Andrew, Jay, Paul, PT and all the other "trusted traders", along with advice in abundance from this and other similar forums, we can make informed decisions and pay what we feel comfortable paying for the replica watch of our dreams - and long may that choice remain !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am so glad I purchased my Hublot BB when I did, it is truly a maginficent watch, and the 798.00 paid was well worth it.

I just communicated with Andrew and the reason he has pulled his ceramic bezel Big Bang watches is because the manufacturer is raising the price $200.00 more. Andrew, (and Joshua) find this unacceptable and will not offer them on their websites any longer as a result. They would be forced to sell them for $998.00 and reject the deal altogether.

I hope that those who are so adamant that these fellows have no scruples will view this action as one of looking out for us, the consumers, and drawing a line when it is clear that something unreasonable is afoot.

Here in the UK, they have just announced another outbreak of "Foot & Mouth" disease, or should that be "Foot IN Mouth" !! :lol:

Yesterday when I posted this, I was told and I saw, that the ceramic bezel versions of the HBB were pulled from their site. (A&J). I was led to believe that they would not be selling them at those high prices as a matter of principle. It looks like now I was wrong and I am sorry about that. It is my mistake and I was made to look foolish by attempting to defend someone who is the frequent target of merciless bashing in this forum.

What is unfortunate to me about this little incident is the glee that Pugwash takes in my being setup. Pugwash, you sir are a complete and total jackass, and you have no life except for this board. You are nothing but a shill for TTK ,and an argumentative, contrary son of a [censored]. :bangin: How is that for unfriendly?

You are nothing but a shill for TTK ,and an argumentative, contrary son of a [censored]. :bangin: How is that for unfriendly?

I don't know where this TTK shill assessment came from as anyone that knows either me or TTK to any degree would find this funny.

Still, I do admit to being argumentative and contrary, but I didn't call you a paedo or anything so we're still safe.

What's your take on Andrew's reversal then? Did he play you and hang you out to dry or do you think he meant it when he mailed you and just got clobbered by Josh into doing it?

Yesterday when I posted this, I was told and I saw, that the ceramic bezel versions of the HBB were pulled from their site. (A&J). I was led to believe that they would not be selling them at those high prices as a matter of principle. It looks like now I was wrong and I am sorry about that. It is my mistake and I was made to look foolish by attempting to defend someone who is the frequent target of merciless bashing in this forum.

What is unfortunate to me about this little incident is the glee that Pugwash takes in my being setup. Pugwash, you sir are a complete and total jackass, and you have no life except for this board. You are nothing but a shill for TTK ,and an argumentative, contrary son of a [censored]. :bangin: How is that for unfriendly?

Dude youve been pugged...LOL

I think even if we as a forum say NO to all this top prices and remove sellers and invite better ones,Yes its for sure better sellers out their whit better prices it will still not help as we see more rep forums has come up that the cartel is supporting like repgeek.

I have not bought a rep since the breitling evo came out and i think the aquatimer will be the last one this prices are to high.

Maybe this will help sort things out..

The OEM maker of the ceramic bezel is being sued by Hublot.. (mr. Bevin is going after everyone) .. the OEM maker was under contract with Hublot and was selling the ceramic bezels "back door",.. the "maker" of the Hublot reps was buying the ceramic bezels via back door.. the maker is neither J or A or anyother dealer... although I don't know who brokered the deal with the OEM bezel maker..

Hublot is coming out with a new big Bang model without the ceramic bezel to counter the Reps.. Hublot has cut ties with the OEM bezel maker... deniability .. now he can say they were made in Japan.. among other dis-information.. plus the fact that hublot is suing the ceramics maker.

the Maker of the HBB Rep has purchased the last of the ceramic bezels.. and like anything else .. supply and demand , the party that was selling them out the back door raised the price..(by a couple hundred usd) ...

Now.. the HBB lite,.. is a result of another "maker" taking the HBB rep and copying it for a cheaper model to sell at high prices..

PVD bezel and mineral crystal and cheap movement .. remember this is not the maker that is making the current big bang..

so to counter the sales of the afore mentioned item.. the current maker is coming out with the HBB lite so the copy cat of the copy cat cannot downgrade the OEM's that were sold .. this may not be making much sense.. but just remember that the HBB lite coming out is so the price cannot be jacked on the sub standard version, by a competing maker .. who is trying to ride the coat tail of the ceramic version we bought..... the decision to produce the HBB lite was soley the makers .. and not the dealers.

so am I glad I got my ceramic version last week... FU-K yeah .. as I know everyone else who has one is ... now it does not seem so outrageous...

So in closing .. this is not about good guy's or bad guy's .. all it's about is the dirty business of replica watches .. tell me, I don't think one of us who bought a OEM ceramic bezel HBB feels guilty about it.. I don't .. in fact score one for the blue collar guy's .. feels like I just crashed the party in Geneva and had my fill of beluga ... and Mr. Biven pick up the tab..

so now everyone has a choice of waiting for the HBB lite .... or getting the ceramics big bang .. look how much it would cost to fabricate 1 date wheel .. as an example .. if you had the last gallon of water around what could you sell it to a guy that needed it for his radiator to get to an important meeting???

Maybe this will help sort things out..

The OEM maker of the ceramic bezel is being sued by Hublot.. (mr. Bevin is going after everyone) .. the OEM maker was under contract with Hublot and was selling the ceramic bezels "back door",.. the "maker" of the Hublot reps was buying the ceramic bezels via back door.. the maker is neither J or A or anyother dealer... although I don't know who brokered the deal with the OEM bezel maker..

Hublot is coming out with a new big Bang model without the ceramic bezel to counter the Reps.. Hublot has cut ties with the OEM bezel maker... deniability .. now he can say they were made in Japan.. among other dis-information.. plus the fact that hublot is suing the ceramics maker.

the Maker of the HBB Rep has purchased the last of the ceramic bezels.. and like anything else .. supply and demand , the party that was selling them out the back door raised the price..(by a couple hundred usd) ...

Now.. the HBB lite,.. is a result of another "maker" taking the HBB rep and copying it for a cheaper model to sell at high prices..

PVD bezel and mineral crystal and cheap movement .. remember this is not the maker that is making the current big bang..

so to counter the sales of the afore mentioned item.. the current maker is coming out with the HBB lite so the copy cat of the copy cat cannot downgrade the OEM's that were sold .. this may not be making much sense.. but just remember that the HBB lite coming out is so the price cannot be jacked on the sub standard version, by a competing maker .. who is trying to ride the coat tail of the ceramic version we bought..... the decision to produce the HBB lite was soley the makers .. and not the dealers.

so am I glad I got my ceramic version last week... FU-K yeah .. as I know everyone else who has one is ... now it does not seem so outrageous...

So in closing .. this is not about good guy's or bad guy's .. all it's about is the dirty business of replica watches .. tell me, I don't think one of us who bought a OEM ceramic bezel HBB feels guilty about it.. I don't .. in fact score one for the blue collar guy's .. feels like I just crashed the party in Geneva and had my fill of beluga ... and Mr. Biven pick up the tab..

so now everyone has a choice of waiting for the HBB lite .... or getting the ceramics big bang .. look how much it would cost to fabricate 1 date wheel .. as an example .. if you had the last gallon of water around what could you sell it to a guy that needed it for his radiator to get to an important meeting???

If this is 100% accurate information then the price increase makes partial sense....$1000 is a lot of $$$ though for a BB.

Edited by CY0811

1) According to Mr Biver's posts, kyocera is the manufacturer of their bezels. Now, he has stated that they had a big problem in the production planning and they were falling behind. So, what if they decided to go for a Chinese plant to cover the backlog? I have seen this being practiced in a couple of industries.. And in turn this guy then sold production overruns to the manufacturer?

2) I had speculated and then heard that some other manufacturer had purchased a rep HBB to dissect, replicate and sell at a lower cost/different channel. What is interesting is that the first manufacturer is striking back with their own lite version. I think it will be a matter of weeks till we'll have two very similar 'lite' versions.. like we had two 'ultimate' PO's.

If this is 100% accurate information then the price increase makes partial sense....$1000 is a lot of $$$ though for a BB.

IMOH the maker who is trying to ride the preverbial "coat tail" of the maker of the HBB Big Bang ceramic and score with a higher price is the bad guy.. but if not for that maker we would not see the HBB lite.. so things have a way of working themselves out.. this is a war between makers who are trying to gouge us after we have purchase something of value added .. the dealers are the ones committed to moving the product for the makers

Imagine if the ceramic bezel was made in Japan or Europe .. yikes .. but Hublot claims it is.. they are the ones that are the criminals.. but then the rich alway's get richer.. <_<

i have seen this said all over the forums and i would love to see one piece of evidence that the rep bezel is in fact the same one being used in the real hbb. im not saying its true or its not true. all is im saying is that i read this a million times, but i have not seen any type of evidence. where are you getting this info from??.....josh and andrew?? if so, is that really a credible source??

It's ok, you can expect Hambone to never revisit this thread. He'll pop up later as if nothing happened and continue to tell us whence the sun shines.

You should not make such assumptions about others whom you do not know.

@hambone,

May I ask that you look at our rule#7, and abide by it.

[7] - Be nice to each other and respect the RWG admin team and moderators. No personal attacks. In particular, malicious comments that insult others based on race, gender, religion, nationality, or sexual preference will not be tolerated. The fastest way to get removed from the community is to turn a discussion into a personal confrontation

If you wish to continue to play in this park, you WILL be respectful.

Warning added.

Offshore

lol.. no offence to anyone.. but i was once an andrew fan as well.. thinking that no other dealer will provide a great service like him.. but as transactions go by and after trying other dealer.. to be honest his service stinks like crap.. andrew will act like OMG I'LL MAKE EVERYTHING RIGHT FOR YOU! but when you really do ask him about something even for something simple he would tell you to send the watch back.. i mean wtf.. for example.. he sent me a [censored]ed up bezel pearl for my UPO.. i posted this subject on the forum and he clearly says "email me and i will make it right for you".. i sent him an email showing pics and all about my [censored]ed up pearl.. and he told me to send it back and he'll replace the bezel with a new one.. i mean WTF MAN? is he that blind that he couldn't see that my pearl was [censored]ed up.. whats the point of me sending it there? at the end of the day he still had to replace it anyway :S

and another dealer who i bought my ETA SFSO from, i bought it from him for a MUCH cheaper price than what andrew sells.. anyway.. it came with a scratched dial, so i contacted him and straight away he told me that he'll send me a new dial.. without telling me to send the watch back all i needed to do was show him a pic..

so all this [censored] about andrew and josh is worth more because of their good service is a load of crap because other dealer would give you better service and price.. and again no offence.. but A & J is starting to make me disgusted.. i just hope that other dealers won't follow in their footstep :)

Armin

reason for asking you to send back is because 45mm PO (The UPO) has a Bezel Pearl which is seperate from the Bezel Insert. There is no way to send the Bezel Pearl because it is attached to the bezel Assembly and not like the 42mm PO where the Pearl is on the Bezel Insert itself. If this case happens on the 42mm Bezel .. I can send the Bezel Insert. but for the 45mm PO, you will need to send it back because the bezel assembly needs to be changed. Thanks!

Andrew