When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you guys think about this gen?

GhostfaceZX

Zenith Port Royal El Primero Chrono

Would you take it over the Tag Calibre 36 Link Chrono?

Do not buy any of them GhostfaceZX -_- get something more unique looking for your money

50867-36233.jpg

GBP 1.163......I am not sure about the price but this is a great watch :wub:

Do not buy any of them GhostfaceZX -_- get something more unique looking for your money

50879-36232.jpg

GBP 1.163......I am not sure about the price but this is a great watch :wub:

Those are some pretty cool complications! But of course if I spend that much money on a watch, I want the name to be recognized. I've never heard of Nivrel before, and I doubt most of the people here have heard of it either.

It is a brand know by horologists :) for example omni certainly knows this brand...

I have had threads about this brand in the past on RWG and also here on RWGjr abouy Nivrel. It is a great brand.

50883-36231.jpg

Tag= chevrolet (but a damn fine watch)

Zenith= mercedes benz (class!) and one of the great watches ever made.

But the thing is the Tag Calibre 36 and Zenith El Primero chronograph share the same movement...

The analogy is more like this:

Zenith Port Royal El Primero = Mercedes McLaren SLR

Tag Link Calibre 36 = C6 Corvette with the SLR engine swapped in

I think both of them look good, but the Zenith is cheaper!

I had a Tag Link Calibre 36 Chrono... fine watch although the dial was too busy for me to read quickly AND what Ken said.

51705-36106.jpg

51705-36107.jpg

I sold it to fund a more practical watch, so got a gen Pam 91 and some reps, with some money left over for straps.

Here in Australia (and many other places, I suspect), everybody and his brother has a Tag. I feel this alone cheapens the brand...

Omega is almost like that, but just a little past that line IMO as they have come out with some major horological advances and separated themselves with the likes of Tag, B&M, Oris etc.

IMO, any Zenith will outweigh any Tag in regards to wow factor and significance for those 'in the know', after all, it's their movement and probably the finest production chrono movement available

I only hope that LV leaves them alone and doesn't change their direction in regards to their product.