When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Delivery time to Australia

PunkJr

Well my new watch didn't arrive in the post yesterday so I'm not going to recieve it until at least Monday. That's fifteen days. Is that normal? I received the tracking number however it doesn't show anything up. From what I've read, that's pretty normal.

Hi

Don't worry about the tracking number- they sometimes work, some of the time!

Out of China, you are looking at a minimum of 10days transit, so when you take in to account- confirmation of order, maybe sourcing of the watch, packing, and getting it into the mail; I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

If you hadn't seen anything by maybe mid mext week, you could mail the seller, and ask for an exact post date. I have also experienced up to 14 days delay in customs at this end, no problems, just our super efficient Government at work!!

Offshore

Without saying that it wont happen, I can state that Customs have not snagged anything of mine yet, watches. jewelery or other goods.

In fact I personally have not heard of an Australian member losing a watch to Customs, but yeah the time line of yours is normal..................Don't get sweaty palms now :lol:

Ken

Well my new watch didn't arrive in the post yesterday so I'm not going to recieve it until at least Monday. That's fifteen days. Is that normal? I received the tracking number however it doesn't show anything up. From what I've read, that's pretty normal.

Fifteen days is not too bad -_-

I guess I have to be patient and see how it goes.

Yeah basically that's the way it is :)

@azgjav when you have been here a bit longer you will come to understand that the timelines you just stated are not to be relied on.

Ken

Just one point to remember folks, try buying anything else on the Net from overseas and see how long you have to wait, often its 2 to 3 Months..................I know I do this a lot.

Ken

Shipping via Airmail should only take 4 working days max, assuming your dealer can source the watch you want immediately.
The official (legal) amount of time it takes just to post something within Australia is four working days (as in, it doesn't arrive until the fifth working day)!

I have found that timing the incoming post can save time (if you have any control over it), so that the parcel is 'in the air' over a weekend - means you don't lose working days on the ground.

I'd be getting itchy feet after 25 days too (in a watched pot never boils kind of a way) - that has been plenty of weekends (!) but some parcels do take ages, more so if they have to be cleared.

My longest was 2 weeks... normally it takes about 5 days from China. I have had two items either seized or returned to sender by customs, they were both Rolexes. AU customs loves Rolex ;-)

well it doesn't look like I will be getting my watch tomorrow. It has finally come up on EMS tracing:

"Your item was processed for despatch from CHINA - GUANGZHOU EM at 23:56 on 21 May 2006."

:thumbdown:

Tsk, ain't that always the way. At least it must be nice to hear something about the watch's whereabouts.

Best of luck - and post pics when it arrives! :thumbsupsmileyanim: