When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

King - New Yachtmaster listed

watcher

An update of my understanding following a discussion with Ms King.....

1. In all communications since, she now refers to the movt as a 3135 (not 3035);

2. This 3135 is "real genuine" movement - so that puts paid to these clone rumours

Darn, I guess that means that my 1:1 perfect sub with a 3035 clone dream is just that.

They should seriously getting into using 2824-2's, they are thinner. Together with thinner datewheel overlays and thinner dial spacers and eventually higher pinion, it would be no look further to finally have a correct depth case with correct crown position.
Selita SW200 would be preferable all round IMO :whistling:

Movement pics added on King's site... it shows a gen Rolex 3035

ROLEX-352-11.jpg

Is there any way that could be a replica? I noticed the print isn't filled with yellow - maybe it's just the pic. Either way, I've seen old datejusts on ebay go for as low as $1000-2000 with 3035 in them, so a $2500 replica with a genuine movement isn't that exciting. Finding out that they had indeed copied a Rolex movement would be more exciting IMO.

I wish it were true but that pic above shows no clone.

To compare:

post-115-1190102990_thumb.jpgpost-115-1190103029_thumb.jpg

It's strange because twice Connie made a point of stressing movt was 3135 to me, don't know why? :huh:

Also, price I was quoted was $2000 not $2500. Maybe she/watchmaker picked up a handful/small lot of beaten up DJs? Those rotors show signs of 'character' after all ;) So $500-700 a piece, salvage the movt, clean and service, drop in rep case, and voila, very tasty profit!

King confirmed me that it's a 3135. 3035 is all sold out! No 2892 available. Price quoted is between 2000 and 2500 USD so seems she's quoting a different price every time.

I've seen old datejusts on ebay go for as low as $1000-2000 with 3035

I've seen them also, so I would go for one of this before paying 2500 for a rep.

I've seen them also, so I would go for one of this before paying 2500 for a rep.

That's what blows me away about these pricese lately. For $2500 with a bit of luck, you could own a Genuine Rolex, and an Omega. No sports models, but still genuine.

Maybe she/watchmaker picked up a handful/small lot of beaten up DJs? Those rotors show signs of 'character' after all wink.gif So $500-700 a piece, salvage the movt, clean and service, drop in rep case, and voila, very tasty profit!
That's probably what they're doing, but I still wouldn't put it past them to perfectly clone a Rolex movement and never say anything about it so they could sell them as genuine. They've been doing that with Ibanez guitars for about a decade now.

For $2500 you can pick up a gen non discount SFSO in germany and i expect i could get a PO for less than that as well. THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY. However it is the deam of many to have a gen rolex movement! and i am sure some one will buy these. After all people pay for the HBB and that has the asian 7750 and what is that costing now $900 even with the GEN chinese bezel.

• 5 months later...

IT IS BETTER TO POST IN A PRE EXISTING THREAD THAN TO START A NEW ONE!!!!....so here goes....

I cant believe that there has not been more info on this board about the King SSD with Gen 3035????....

Is anyone aware of this watch?....

Would like to know if anyone has pulled the trigger on this one....probably in the $2500 range I suppose....my search came up empty handed on this forum....

I will assume the watch has gen hands....crown....tube and stem to go with it....

Kings website....kingwatches.net

Just click on Rolex and Seadweller....sweet pics....holy grail??

NS