When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CUSTOMS : anybody caught?

tag

Hi all,

I'm thinking of ordering 2 or 3 reps but I'm worrying about customs.

Can one guess from looking at the box or the sender's mark that it is a watch?

Also I have been said that controls in Europe are much tighter than in the US. On top of it if a parcel comes from abroad it is more likely to be checked. Recently I received a gift from Asia which passed through the customs.

Does anybody have some experience to share?

Is it safe to order from Europe?

Thanks...

Hi all,

I'm thinking of ordering 2 or 3 reps but I'm worrying about customs.

Can one guess from looking at the box or the sender's mark that it is a watch?

Also I have been said that controls in Europe are much tighter than in the US. On top of it if a parcel comes from abroad it is more likely to be checked. Recently I received a gift from Asia which passed through the customs.

Does anybody have some experience to share?

Is it safe to order from Europe?

Thanks...

Yes,,,,that guy was sent to prison and became somebodies wife inside :lol::lol: just kidding man. the worst your gonna get is taxed on the item.

I got my package shipped by Andrews supplier, this was a normal parcel with package descroption as 'fashion watch' and did well passed to me, no custom problems at all. So I quess its not that bad in EU unless youre waiting for a jumbo box or few watches in one parcel.

On certain occasiuons I have had to pay customs for a shippment but no one has ever been withheld -_- tax is over 20% in Norway and you also have to prove the amount one paid for the item in question

In january I had 4 watches from 3 different dealers seized by spanish customs ( coming from China !! ). I received the famous letter, in which they asked for a receipt and an a certificate, stating that the watches are genuine. A friend of mine, who works for a customs agency, gave me the good advice, not to anwer the letters if I can´t give them the required information, which I obviously could not provide anyway.

After a few weeks the watches disapeared in the tracking information and until now I have heard nothing about it anymore.

My name and address is for sure flagged now, so if I order again anything from Asia I use a different name and address.

But with watches I stick with our european dealers, the loss was to expensive.

Engineer

I never had a watch sent via "mail" stopped. This includes registered mail or any of the international priority mail incarnations. I have had several courrier shipped packages seized entering the USA from China. There are lots of customs guys in Alaska wearing replicas these days.

Up to now Austrian customs have opened all of my parcels (except those of PT), in one case they let me send the bill to them, in another case they let me pay some minor amount of money and in the last case (Davidsen from Hong Kong) the parcel was checked but customs was zero. I guess they looked at the PVD PAM as some inexpensive fashion watch. Bottom line: In this country every suspect mail, especially if it's from Asia is being checked.

Psda... funny.. u know some shipments that come from Asia get checked, others do not. I had ordered two watches from Paul (Espire) and they always came through. Once I got a free watch from the US, but that was stopped, so I told them to send it back. HEy psda, have you ordered from Homer or precious time? I'm thinking of getting the 188 black 7753 from of them eventually... wondering if orders from them got through to Austria without any problems...

Psda... funny.. u know some shipments that come from Asia get checked, others do not. I had ordered two watches from Paul (Espire) and they always came through. Once I got a free watch from the US, but that was stopped, so I told them to send it back. HEy psda, have you ordered from Homer or precious time? I'm thinking of getting the 188 black 7753 from of them eventually... wondering if orders from them got through to Austria without any problems...

With Precious Time I had no problem.

so far ordered from joshua TTK and River....

only joshua's package passed trough customs...

TTK was hel...and had to pay 50$ taxes...

same from River...3 watches...and payed tax customs....cca50$ per watch...

DAMN CUSTOMS....

i have one order now...hope it passes without custom taxes... :lol: