When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New World's Fastest Production Car

Everythingape

hmm..looks good...when do you think the replica will hit the market :lol:

Well.. Judging by the chinese 'replica' of the BMW X5, I'd say pretty damned soon.. Only very much unsafe, and with a 2,4l diesel rated at 109hp.

There are some horrific crash test clips of the Landwind, Brilliance and other chinese cars on youtube.

BTW: I am sure the chinese will bring their cars closer to NCAP top standards as time goes by.

Shuanghuan SCEO:

shuanghuansceo1uf9.jpg

sceo2up8.jpg

sceo3yp9.jpg

Kinda brings the X5 to mind, no? ..And like this article says: A little of the Toyota Landcruiser up front.

SCEO article with pics

Not sure if i like it.. it looks like a blend of a bunch of parts from other supercars bolted together. Cars like the Veyron, Aston Martin and Lambos look sexy and unique.. this looks like a corvette/McLaren front, looks like a lambo from the side and has the doors off a GT40. But i guess thats what Shelby does.. they take regular cars, chop them up and make them faster.

Lonnie

It's not just about speed.....if you've seen a Veyron in the flesh...you know it's something special.....a tactile overload sensation....combined with great visual design......this car looks like it's purpose....designed to go fast....nothing more.....I can't see it ever holding a candle to a Veyron...!

The aero is sweet.

Did anyone notice that it actually gets pretty good highway mileage for a supercar?

The meticulously manufactured carbon fibre composite body harnesses a motor that has a wonderful idle, incredible daily drivability characteristics, runs on 91 octane pump fuel, easily handles the rigors of long term redline usage while delivering and incredible 15 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.

It's interesting.. but i'm with ryannon on this one: BUGATTI VEYRON! It's got all the right curves and uniqueness to set it apart from the blue shelby beast.

see the veyron at work:

part 1

Part 2

What brand of motor is it? I know it is a 6.2 litre, twin turbo but cannot find out anything more about the engine from the web.