When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick Rep Gen SFSO comparison

FxrAndy

I got luckyyy at work today i just on a break and i noticed a SFSO in white and stainless stood next to me, i stuck up a conversation about the twins we were wearing, His was 2 months old with a serial number starting with 108XXXX ( i would tell you the rest if i could remember it) I checked out the usual tells and weight, feel, texture ect and his was a gen, The second hand had a diamond shaped end with lume, i assume this is a newer model as the cataloge only shows the square one.

There was one very supprising point to note though!

The Date windows were exactly the same size!!!!!!!!!!!

Other good points i could barley notice the difference in the S of Super

The Pearl was the same

The AR was the same

Infact every thing was the same.

In the end i told him mine was a rep and cost a lot less than his and he was supprised to say the least!!!! He then admitted he had a couple of reps at home and was interested where to find good ones So i pointed him in this direction.

Shame i swapped to the leather last night as it would have been a better comparison.

Sorry about the Photo but it was with my phone and very quick maybe some one could clean it a bit? I tried in photo editor but could not get much out of it.

sfsogenrep.jpg

One thing ! notice is that the bezel of the gen has two notches between each rider tab whilst your rep seems to have three. Is that just a reflection?

Andy, your watch is AMAZING. Wow. The only Breitling I would ever consider buying.

I'm guessing the angle is playing a role, but with my VERY untrained eye, I see these other differences (not mentioning the pearl):

- The diamond-shaped marker above the 12, and the below the pearl has greater greeny-blue luminescence.

- The gen minute markers, even on an angle, pop out more and are more consistent, colourwise (this may be a function of the AR mentioned?)

- The bezel marker printing seems crisper on the gen

- And what Andrew above mentions, which I didn't know the name of. :)

Also, it seems to me the rider markers in yours look darker, than his polished finished ones. The gen ones look recessed, in consequence.

The crown on the gen also looks a bit chunkier, but that is surely nitpicking. It's identical full-on, I am assuming.

Again, I have to use the caveat of angle playing a role, because the SFSO rep seems the closest out of the box to gen, I've ever seen here.

BEAUTIFUL ANDY! :)

One thing ! notice is that the bezel of the gen has two notches between each rider tab whilst your rep seems to have three. Is that just a reflection?

No, that is rotation.

Note they both have notches at each 5 minute interval. Andy's bezel is turned between the given intervals, therefore his bezel tabs are not covering the notches at 3, 6, 9 and 12.

Belive me when you hold both in your hand you would never know which was gen, a lume shot would show the rep yes but also non EVERY other non modded rep. And the triangle at 12 would not glow either, unless you are a member here and have disected every tiny flaw (and we are very picky) this is a TOP REP unless the AD you went into is as into spotting reps as we are i doupt the normal staff would ever spot it!