When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG is on the up and up

TWP

While my tenure here has been short I have frequented enough to realize that RWG has become the destination of choice for people that enjoy our hobby. There is a daily influx of noobs, and it seems that people that once posted on other forums have started posting more here.

Why is that? Could it be that this forum is one of the most informative of all the forums? While this might be one of the contributing factors another is the demographics. RWG has the largest international flavour which makes this place very unique.

Most importantly, I believe is the support cast of admin and all the moderators whom treat everyone equally. I like how there is less bickering over here than over there. I like the fact that there are rules and no one is above them.

So I would like to say thanks to all the wonderful members that make this place special. Thanks to admin and the great team of moderators that we have

Realize everyone that this forum is a treasure troove, not to mention a really cool place to hang out

Cheers

TWP

One would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to notice that one board is going down, as this one reaches dizzier heights.

Maybe it's temporary, and as I echoed EXACTLY what you said, TWP, that whilst this board is more cosmopolitan, all forums offer their own positives.

But yeah, as we speak, another forum is down. I go there less and less. It's a shame, but inevitable perhaps. This is where the fun is at, at least for now!

BTW, newbies, fill out your locations, please. :)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autocom=gmap

(Jeez, look at us in the State of Florida. I'm practically sitting on JFreeman's lap!)

graph.png

This is very interesting (thanks, zeus)!

I wonder whether the november-december peak is due to a 'christmas-gift effect', and the june-august slightly high plateau to a 'holiday time' effect... :g:

Unfortunately, Alexa only offer some of the truth when it comes to traffic data. Their data is based on users who have the Alexa tool bar installed or who use a tool like SearchStatus in Firefox. Taking a look at the server logs actually show that March 2007 has been the most active month here, with over 25.000.000 hits. This month we have an average of68025 hits pr. day so far this month, so we're not going to beat that record in a while ;) It does however look like we will set a new record in datatraffice this month as we are now transfering about 6GB of data every day so far in this month. If this keeps up, we will get close to 180GB transfered in one month;

Here are some numbers for you:

Hits:

February - 19256432

March - 25369145

April - 22654134

May - 23021475

June - 22654789

July - 19893428

August - 20349725

Daily visitors(average):

February - 4101

March - 3914

April - 3897

May - 3952

June - 4302

July - 4043

August - 4601

September - 4608

@Admin, Ken & Pug:

Thanks for making this clear. It goes without saying that I am complete noob on this matter.

It's a combination of the member base, and those NOT a part of the RWG member base that make it successful. :)

More of the regular users need to do the right thing and support the forum through VIP memberships, however. I would say that once you've hit the 100 post count, it's your time to step up. Look at T's hit count and bandwidth numbers. Coupled with the fact that not just any run of the mill ISP will have us, it has got to be clear that operation costs are high.

One would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to notice that one board is going down, as this one reaches dizzier heights.

Maybe it's temporary, and as I echoed EXACTLY what you said, TWP, that whilst this board is more cosmopolitan, all forums offer their own positives.

But yeah, as we speak, another forum is down. I go there less and less. It's a shame, but inevitable perhaps. This is where the fun is at, at least for now!

BTW, newbies, fill out your locations, please. :)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autocom=gmap

(Jeez, look at us in the State of Florida. I'm practically sitting on JFreeman's lap!)

There are other rep forums? :p

seriously, I'm registered at all the major rep forums, but this is the only one I frequent - and the only one I pay for.

So, RWG is on the up and up?

What would you expect?

We have Admin, By-Tor, kenberg, offshore, Willith, Nanuq, TwoTone, $tingray, 82KUBA, addingwatch, Aegis, alt.watch.obsessive, AMK000, Bazz, bosk, bubba, Carl, chris5264, colinmgzt, cranium, Craytonic, Defacto, Feta1, frankpower88, FxrAndy, georgegrasser, giorgio, Heywood, Hyster, Jetsons, jiro, jkarpas, jmt, kdirty, kelster, khumzi, linkukbora, lorenzo, lysis, pampam, Phantom of the Router, pizzanooo, premiumdesigners, prof, promotersf, reelamore, sammalone, scotty, sport ice, straight_six, sulone88, tech, verbal, wannab, wheaton26, Woody, World Traveller, a german in denmark, abakan, aeroflott, ahchard, ajoesmith, alant, alligoat, archibald, avara, azerbyjam, azgjav, azmindreader, b16a2, baltic, bbell6, beano2004, bertieng, bigpops, bklm1234, BobM, brook0, buckeye, butterfly777, cableguy, Cats, Chicken Manny, chieftang, chinkiechunkie, chrgod, chronomat123, clos, crystalcranium, cskent69, dachshund, daffy, dangerman, davethecat, dave_nyc, dieselpower, diggs, DISCOVERY110, dluddy, docblackrock, drhydro, drop, DuDro, Dutchy, dvn, engineer, Estaban, fishgodeep, flavor flav, frankt, freddy333, galevin, got-it, gpuck, gr81, grebeck, hambone, hank7502, hn120, italiano17771, iwan66, jamesg, Jawo, jcsbomber, jeff g, jfreeman420, jimbo, JJFlash, jkerouac, jkpadget2, jleraflo, Jon Fort, K4TJP, kasigi, kdo2milger, Kollektor, Kool_Watch, krustybrand, L-dizzle, lanikai, leitztozeiss, lionsandtigers, longshot, m4rcus, Maikel, manny816, Manticore, Martyd3, mattheis, maxmilian, Mickey Padge, Nebakanezzar, NRG, Omega, omega1, omni, pabra, PAM1A, paneraifreak, paso, paulw, Physher007, Pix, pobiga, polexpete, porsche356a, Ptolomeo, Pugwash, Raijor, randstad, ratchpot, ravishingrick, RBritt1010, rckh, Relaxman, repaustria, retep, RICHARD LAWTON, Riskart, rkdk, rl350z, robertk, rocket754, rolli, rower, rsv123, ryyannon, sam_tgg, savage_here, scoobs1971, scooter, scottie333, screech, section8, ShawnBeever, sjako, slai, Slartibartfast, Snow Dog, SportsterRider, sssurfer, Star, Stephane, stevie7s, subzero1, supermanx, swdivad, Tag Man, tenacious_b, thl, Tikerz, Tim, TK471, tmg, tonton2000, torresp, tourby, trombone, vaccum, vbarrett, vlydog, Watchandpen, watchlover321, willjous, Wolf, XRT, yellomen, Z3k0, The Zigmeisterzumba, narikaa, TTK, TWP, 12BGT350, 1976, 217, 2222, 2671, 2die4, 2manywatches, 316L, 325BMW, 4fun, 888, 911RS, AA1, aaa, aapxp, aaronk_83, ab2450, abat, absinth, acesup_11, acidzerocool, acm025, adamtrials, aeneas, afiartis, Aidan, albert808, alejomex, AlexLeGrande, alinghi, AllergyDoc, ALL_ZEN, Amadeus, amo, AmonRaa, amosama, Amplitude, Andei3000, andreww, anton, any0ne, AP Pete, areefer, arminvanbuuren, arn555, arty909, Ashareth, assasi9, Assasimon, atfotraf, aturi, ATXKId, avitt, Aya Matsuura, Azazello42, baglc1, Baner, barbidouille, bbrenner, Bearcat, bebebe, beetlesblue, beever, Ben, bernd, biffa, Bigdoggy, bigheadgenius, Bigsy, billyrainbow, bing-o, Birdman, bkatbamna, Blue, bluejei, bob1919a, bodhy, boosoo, boston21, breitling1234, breitlingg, breitlingGT, brep, briarwood, Bright Ling, BRowars, bruce79, budfox, bwhitesox, C4., carlos, carlsbadrolex, carver38, Cary Richmond, catchthecat, cdigi, cdzsmith, CegaRazoR, Centurion, chief3630, chillininla, CHOW SING, chromepaxos, Chronus, chubbyhubby, citabria72, CJSdftFLAT, clearcut, clockbuilder, CloveCig, cmetalprog, col88, coldclick, coltair, Corgi, corpsman, Cosmo, Croolis, Cucumber_Jones, CY0811, cypher, dabbler12, dadog13, damulid, Dani, Dario33, dark, Darth Vapor, DarthSimon, DaveR, david-aussie, davidsenjpn, davidsjg, dax, dayion, ddesj74, deaconx, deepsea, DefCoN, Delmar, derkai, DET11, dewk6600, dippy, dircab, diver_dylan, dlanzer, DLY, dman225, Doc, domibal, donm668, donpedro, doopey, doug, dragonplayboy, dragshotz, drbennie, drew99, drfcfighter, Drizznay, drpainless, dse, dtimm, dubz25, DWSmoot, earlgrey-erfurt, earnout, eastonly, easygeezer, ed11, Edward Etkin, eibon, ekwatch, elayenwai, elwopo, Emmzy, emuozz, erwinner, esdee, eskimo_andrei, et10yl, evanl, evenbiggerbang, everlast, evildee, Evildenny, export, F15DOC, fandango, FasTTaP, FedeROLEX, felipe56, fgk, firansky, fitmic, fkhill33, flosty, fredman, french, frogfalls, Fuzzy, G Money, gargoil, gatorz, Gavilan, geo1nah2a, geyper man, Gil, gioarmani, Giovanni, gman, Golfman, GOVOLS, Graman, Greystash, GT Advance, guanaco, habibilop, halley, Ham 'n' Pickle, hanswurst, heavyarms, Helgi, hendrixelixir, hero, he_haupt, Hi-Standard, Homer, horologie_unitas, horse, humanita, iglutikut, iluvhockey, iluvspl, infidel dog, infinitime, initial, islandim, ispolef, istretch, itseme, its_urabus, J Burton, jake48, jamriff, jarpo, jasonz1000, Jasper, java, JCM1662, jcnunez, jdavis, jdub765, Jean, jeglin, jens, jeroen1985, jezus, jgctx, Jhereg330, Jimster, jj69, jjjjj, jkmossington, JMCC, jocheli, john, JoJo35, joonwkim, Jos Nana, jovi, joze, jpmlora, jsands1655, juanjulio, julmaro, juncobor, Jupiter, jupsa, justaguy88, Justasgood, k2222, kaankaant, kapella, kapk81, Katerchen, keiron99, keith_bran, KELLTINA, ken, ken111, kender, kenmasters, Keyhole, Kikuchiyo, King Charles, kingkitesurf, kiropraktor, klocklind1, kntabdguy, kokoko, kotaro, kp682, Kris06, kuehninger, kye_lin, laahollywood, landau351, ldm3465, lello, leofromst, letibjorn, Lew Block, liebvdm, lim888, llsteve80, lnoblesus, lolos, lool, LordRasta, lucassa2, luckyman, lucser, lukes, macmalo, macscac, madasboot, maddkatt, magick1, malkos, malumouse, mani, manuel, manus, Marc16610, marcoh, Mark, Mark Eleven, Mark Phelps, marlin22, Marrickvilleboy, marsupilami, masan, mastergod, MaXGTS, mbpa, meat, melvin.x, messenius, metro23man, metronman, mezzanine, mhinagoya, Michael888, mickster65, mickyblues, mijnick, mike, MikeC65, millemiglia, mjames, mkuhl2000, Moffey, mojo2001, monster667, monte, moralpanic, moridim, mortledge, moscar45, mossanti, Motty, Mo_till, MrC, mricky, mtb1979, mudfish, mystugots, mzimand1, n.kalden, namjah, naree, nb1, NEIL, nelly, new & improved osteopath, newkid, newyork, ngdenny, niaklah, NielsP, nimbusbrew, njespo, nonskeder, NORing, oadbyfox, object07, oBMTo, ockels, OldeCrow, olga, omoplata, opawlows, orca1993, otto, Owens, P4GTR, palhaco02, Pam, Pam111, pamfried, PAMman, panera, Panerai Guy!, papabear, paranoid, pascal, pasha42, pasil.pt, patara, Patrick_bateman, paulV, pbuddy, pearly, peepshow, PELUSO, Pepzoid, per4ever, Perpetual Oyster, perry563, petemac, peterpoppek, PetrK, pfff, philangst, PhilR, piratedzeus, pitbos, pitimany, pivaro, pjbae, plaifender, PlastiqueOne, PLATINUM, plexmar, Polynomial, poopypants, poPsi, porschespeedster, ppa, Precious Time aka PT, predfan2001, ProfJerry, ProZac, psychod@d, pubus, PureTime, pwygant, QBalance156, qualitime, raal, rafib, rag9fx, Ralf, rastapopolos, Ravage, ray0244, Rayman, rbscott, rcannon, red, redbird, redroom, Reiner Manzen, rek001, remag192, remsenor, repnewbie, REPPIN, rfgarcia0283, rfrank, rgautschi, rgf, rgriffith24, Rheemteam, rhes4, RHS, RichBlack, riffram, rikf, Rikske, rjg, rmcsherry, robertol, robertrinaustin, Rocsen, rogfp, Roland, Rolexfinder, Rolexman, rolexsandwich, RollyPolly, Romp, rosnik, rotwild, RS TDI, Russtang, rx4mike, ryaku, ryk, salmonia, samir, sandelman, sanro, SAS, savage, saviboy, scoobyc, scooterboy, Scootie, Seabadger, Seadweller4000, seank1, serefsizzz, sergeueber60, shabaz, Sharky, shimside11, Shundi, shura110, Shuvi, silix, SilverSurfer, silvio, simonsev, skcheng, skjalg, slickdick, slojo, slyger, smalldogfrenzy, smilingbear, snate73, snow75, Snrubb, socom, solidrax, Sollie, sonny55, soonermatt, soontoberr, southcoast68, sox123, soysauce8, spa, space, Space Cadet, spock, spooky driver, spookycord, spotsbimmer, Sql_pl, squ1d, squeaker, ssabripo, sss, stac, stanleylck, steppen, Steve G, steve92b, stevethebest, stilty, stockey, stretcher, stutzer, Styx, suaram, sub1, sugarboob, superstovall, SuperTacks, swartoo, Sweattdogg, sweet, swemoose, sydneysider, Sylar, tabata, taiji, takashi, tallkenny, TANFOGLIO, tankster, tazzio, tbigt, Tchock, tcojeff, Teedotyyz, TeeJay, tefunk, Tekidonc, tester85, THANOS, than_talas, thatgrip, the cleaner, The Mentalist, the playful eyes, thecrow, thedudeabides, TheDukeZip, thelawnmowerman, thewightstuff, the_lion, thinh, thomasng, tigerdaytona, timgroth, timl, timtimtj, tking503, toadpowder, tobico, Tom Hawkes, tommy1, tommyn29, TomRiddle, tonibari, ToolMaster, tootall, Torques, tostef, tradr, trance220, trektagger, trevor2079, Triodus, TRONIC, trustywatchguy, turboGUATE, turtlemd, tutima, twicebaked, twobztwop, Tx Walker, Typhoon, UB7, Uhrenfreund25, urbankala, USWatchDude, vantri, vardan33, varock, Verbal Kint, veyron, Viennawatch, vinhle37, vintagerolex, Virgil Hilts, vric, vtp, vwbora, vwc, w.genzo, wadan, wallstreet, waltercarl, warbody, warburton62, watchbuff, watchmad, watchmark, watchski, Watchwatcher, werflga, wettissue, whateveraddy, whatlimits, whopfish, willy, Winston_Wolf, wireless, wj94, wjlamp, wombat247, wtchlvr, yachtmaster, Yannou, yellowcat305, yisuspoul, Ylfig, yogi, yolk, yomama, yt74, yuyu, zaly, zctpm72, zestieboy, archeion...

I'm here because of Jiro :D I've PM'd the admins asking how I can donate but have yet to get a reply.... Then again it's not like they sit around and wait for PM's from me. I figure if I can spend the money on a watch, then parts, then The Zigmeister to mod it, I damn sure can give something to this worthy cause! Server space and bandwidth ain't free. Trust me, I'm in that line of work.