When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

By-Tor's Compact Collection

By-Tor

3.jpg

This is my collection at the moment. I have decided to keep it in less than 10 pieces. It's hard, but that's how I want it to be.

THIS is how it looked back in July.

I also have a Broad Arrow Speedmaster, which isn't in the picture (forgot it in my summer cottage).

I might buy the new Sea Dweller, if the rep turns out to be awesome, but other than that... I almost consider my collection "finalized". At least until something really spectacular comes out. ;) I have kept only the best of the best reps, and watches that really have stood against the test of time. I just counted that I have bought (and eventually sold) 16 Rolexes... and turns out that the GMT is the only one that I really, really want to own. :D

My all watches follow the same pattern: They're sports watches. Quite boring and unimaginative, but those kind of watches I like to wear. Well, at least I have 5 different watch brands represented here. All of these reps are quite special to me, and I really, really enjoy wearing them all.

My favorite watch: TAG Aquaracer Chronograph Day-Date 7750

(runner up: Omega Seamaster Chronograph 7750)

The best rep: Breitling SFSO ETA

My oldest rep: Omega "Bond" Seamaster ETA

coll1.jpgcoll2.jpg

Excellent collection! (will you ever get the correct HS Explorer 2 back?)

I recently fell in love with the Carrera "racing" version black dial and outlined silver subD. I don't know why but it would sit nicely in the above group... ^_^

Dunno about the ExpII... maybe I'll repurchase it, I really liked that watch. Too many Rolexes, too many flaws...

By the way, here's a picture link to (most) of my departed Rollies + Stephane's Daytona. :)

I like Carrera Racing too... and it would go nicely with my Link and Aquaracer. Perhaps... if a good member deal appears...

@all: Thanks guys, appreciated!

Dunno about the ExpII... maybe I'll repurchase it, I really liked that watch. Too many Rolexes, too many flaws...

By the way, here's a picture link to (most) of my departed Rollies + Stephane's Daytona. :)

I like Carrera Racing too... and it would go nicely with my Link and Aquaracer. Perhaps... if a good member deal appears...

@all: Thanks guys, appreciated!

Wow! you certainly had your Rolex fix!! (loved the re-lumed sub with sexy superluminova :) )

The Explorer 2 in my opinion is the only other Rolex (after the Daytona) that gives you that "in your face" stainless steel impact.

For SS lovers should be one of the first Rolex to get but it gets not justice usually :cc_confused:

(and the carrera is underestimated too, specially the racing version where the thickness of the two bigger SubD is far less of an issue...)

Very nice collection.

I don't see any leather straps, wonder if you tried some out, if this would add variety to the existing collection without needing to buy new watches.

Thanks for sharing.

RG

I was thinking the same, but I think I remember BT does not like leather... Maybe he prefers Latex...? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Latex? No, rubber for me. On my PO. :D

Seriously, I don't like leather straps at all. They suit well on thin & dressy watches, but not that well with the sports watches (just imho). I'm a steel man... and besides, I love the special bracelets on these watches. Omega SMP bracelet is fantastic... and so is the Link.

Latex? No, rubber for me. On my PO. :D

Seriously, I don't like leather straps at all. They suit well on thin & dressy watches, but not that well with the sports watches (just imho). I'm a steel man... and besides, I love the special bracelets on these watches. Omega SMP bracelet is fantastic... and so is the Link.

just say it, you have to much muscles to wear a leather strap ;)

Nice collection my friend.