When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check out Silix's offer of HBB Lite ...

z3k0

I am complete noob on HBB, but is it not supposed to have a 'granular' (I don't know the correct word), sort of hobnail-like, texture on the bezel's side?

That model by Silix -- like much cheaper models too -- looks plain smooth on the bezel's side...

I am complete noob on HBB, but is it not supposed to have a 'granular' (I don't know the correct word), sort of hobnail-like, texture on the bezel's side?

That model by Silix -- like much cheaper models too -- looks plain smooth on the bezel's side...

Yes, it's supposed to be "grained". But this shape is only present on the ceramic bezel (which BTW is supposed to be a gen part), whereas this "lite" version has a SS bezel, which is PVD coated : it's a good imitation of ceramic, for a probably much cheaper cost.

I bought the light version carried by Andrew and Joshua, and it IS sapphire. There's a rumour that says there are two manufacturers. I guess there are just two movements (the 21.6 and 28.8k) and only one case (and manufacturer).

Whatever the reasons for the lower pricing is, it's good for us : we're again in a field of reasonable prices for a rep.

Yes, it's supposed to be "grained". But this shape is only present on the ceramic bezel (which BTW is supposed to be a gen part

It may be so, but there is no proof of this. It could just as easily be dealer advertising and hearsay to bump up the price, and boy has it bumped up ! :bangin:

Wow, if there's now a second factory making these, then that is great news! The Angus/Trusty/Josh "lite version" is supposed to have the horrendous 21,6 movement with sapphire crsytal, but no AR.

If Silix's version does indeed have the 28,8 movement and sapphire, then it's a no-brainer! The only difference between the Silix version and the $450+ version is the lack of AR (which I can surely live without).

I may actually get that weird soccer edition just for the heck of it. I don't like PVD bezel on the other model.

Edited by jj69

Your 100 % correct sssurfer .. my english vocabulary is not as good .. but the only word I can think of is serated edges... but the movement looks the same 28k as the ceramic / ss i have ... I am not a photo wiz so up close shots I do not know how to do... other than the serated bezel edge it looks pretty good, as far as passing for ceramic though .. but without seeing it in person you know how pics can hide the true look of these

Looks like the same dial ... everything except the bezel ...

In my machine shop classes, when I was studying mechanical engineering, they called the texture "knurling". Like the texture on the grip of an aluminum Mag-light flashlight (torch) or on a barbell. It is not hard to do it on stainless steel, just takes one extra step on a lathe to add it to anything cylindrical.