When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Piece of Junk!

Corgi

Hi

Please forgive any errors in orthography I make in the following post... I am so furious right now that I am foaming at the mouth... here is the deal;

I went to set the time on my FG President, my very first rep, ok, like normal right??? I wanted to set the time ONLY, because I am afraid to set the day/date complication. So I go to pull out the crown and I assume I pulled it out far enough for the time... so I think "OK let set the time" but because I was a little absent-minded today I started setting it counter-clockwise as if I was setting the date. I felt some resistance, said oops, and set the time correctly... or so I thought.

WRONG. The hands somehow misaligned themselves so now the hours hand is ten minutes ahead of the minutes hand. So when you try to set 12:00 it is IMPOSSIBLE. The hands line up at around ten minutes past twelve, otherwise it is physically impossible to get both hands to line up at 12:00 as they should in any normal watch. What... the.... f--...?

So now I am very upset because I will look like a stupid FOOL wearing this crappy chinese WATCH which has supposed reliable ETA movement but is actually CRAP MOVEMENT and I am done with reps that is it I will buy no more rep CRAP from now on I have had ENOUGH with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone experience something ridiculous like this before?????? WHAT????

Again I have to apologize if this post comes off as vulgar but please, understand, this watch has sentimental value and for what is a $228 USD Swiss ETA watch to last one year is UNACCEPTABLE I have a crappy orient that my father purchased in iraq (you read that right) and it still works after 30 years!!!!!! What the hell is this!?!?!?!

I am very very SAD.

Thank you for being patient and reading my rage-a-holic post.

Corgi this sounds an easy fix for a watchsmith if you are uncomfortable opening the watch your self.

Ken

Second that. Send a pm to vaccum. I am sure he can have it fixed for you and back on your wrist in two weeks.

Believe it or not more qc in Oreint watches then reps, lol

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP

Corgi, I hear you, and I understand your frustration.

I experiment the same when I bought a rep with a swiss 2824 and when a tried to set time right on 9pm after a few days of wearing, I adjust minute hand on 12, but I noticed that the hand hour was NOT align directly on 9, "I just can't believe this :angry:... wtf, they don't know how to install hand correctly? is it so difficult? There's NO QC at all on these :shutup: rep watch?, etc. ". The day after, I just come down, and I knew that was an EASY fix anyway. One month after, I ordered two other rep ;) Don't forget, even gen have horror story, I red some horror on TZ (with gen, of course), less common, but bad luck can happen with gen too. Screw crown that strip, chrono push button fall and was lost, wait 2 months to order one from XYZ company, or, a swiss ETA 7750 that reset incorrectly (sub dial hand don't reset correctly), etc, etc. To conclude, realign hands it's an easy fix, don't worry. B)

So now I am very upset because I will look like a stupid FOOL wearing this crappy chinese WATCH which has supposed reliable ETA movement but is actually CRAP MOVEMENT and I am done with reps that is it I will buy no more rep CRAP from now on I have had ENOUGH with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone experience something ridiculous like this before?????? WHAT????

Yes, baby. Try two Omega SMPs 007 (ETA) arriving either DOA or stop functioning after a week. Until then, amongst the most expensive watches I had bought.

Buying reps is hard. Not sure we all have the personality needed to keep doing so. Some people need to bite the bullet, and perhaps get out.

Corgi, I didn't say I'm sorry to you yet. Sorry. *hugs*

Oh my dear friends... I am glad to hear it is an easy fix... but when you're in a "one horse town" and the most qualified watchsmith barely knows how to change a battery, you can't help but feel powerless.

Thank you for your kind replies. It does not look too bad unless the time is either on the hour or on the half-hour, other then that it looks marginally acceptable.

Oh my dear friends... I am glad to hear it is an easy fix... but when you're in a "one horse town" and the most qualified watchsmith barely knows how to change a battery, you can't help but feel powerless.

Thank you for your kind replies. It does not look too bad unless the time is either on the hour or on the half-hour, other then that it looks marginally acceptable.

Maybe tomorrow you will decide to leave it like it is. If it's "acceptable", don't pay for shipping/repair. Keep your money for a serious MOD project (relume, regulate, etc) at the same time the watchsmith will realign the hands. Anyway, you know now that is NOT a serious issue.

Just my two cents.

Corgi, Please check out Ziggy's info on movements at least you can find there the problem ergo the solution .. and mail Ziggy.. he has my complete trust and your watch will be in good hands.. he is at the moment trying to resurect the 029 I had problems with... i would be more than happy to order a new movement but he is trying to fix the problems I had with another modder .. so the point is i would not trust my watch to anyone else .. at least read the info he has..put your mind at rest my friend..

all will be well corgi

My question is, what has Iraq have to do with this? I understand your dad's Oriental has been working for 30 years plus, but was it necessary to mention the fact that he bought it from Iraq? I'm not sure whether Iraq all of a sudden is synonymous to good or bad quality? Or has Oriental been known for bad quality? Sorry man, but I don't see the connection here.

All I know is a rep will always be a rep whereas a gen will always be a gen. Whether the rep has an ETA movement or not, it will always have a greater chance of going bust.

I understand your fit of rage, but I don't think there is a need for overreaction.

Sorry, but I usually get sensitive when it comes to topics like these (Iraq)... I'm sure you didn't think twice when writing that though...

Its cool...

Edited by Viennawatch

My question is, what has Iraq have to do with this? I understand your dad's Oriental has been working for 30 years plus, but was it necessary to mention the fact that he bought it from Iraq? I'm not sure whether Iraq all of a sudden is synonymous to good or bad quality? Or has Oriental been known for bad quality? Sorry man, but I don't see the connection here.

Huh?

My dad is not oriental, and neither am I. He was there on business and bought it at a local market. Please do not try to stir controversy where none exists sir, because I said absolutely nothing that would qualify as even remotely offensive. I wrote "you read that right" because not that many of us, Westerners, have visited such a far-off country or even knew much about it during the 1970s.

Thanks

Huh?

My dad is not oriental, and neither am I. He was there on business and bought it at a local market. Please do not try to stir controversy where none exists sir, because I said absolutely nothing that would qualify as even remotely offensive. I wrote "you read that right" because not that many of us, Westerners, have visited such a far-off country or even knew much about it during the 1970s.

Thanks

Haha! :lol: Where the hell did you read that I was saying your dad is oriental? Come on, your English seems pretty flawless to me for you to be making a mistake like that. Look at what context 'Oriental' is in. I was referring to his 'Oriental' watch that has been working 30 years. :lol: You are really are funny! :p

Well I wouldn't have tried to stir any controversy had I known what 'you read that right' was referring to. Now that it has been explained, I'm at peace. ;)

Subject closed.

Regards,

Viennawatch

Haha! :lol: Where the hell did you read that I was saying your dad is oriental? Come on, your English seems pretty flawless to me for you to be making a mistake like that. Look at what context 'Oriental' is in. I was referring to his 'Oriental' watch that has been working 30 years. :lol: You are really are funny! :p

In all fairness, you did write dad's rather than dads.

Dad's = dad is

dads = posession of dad

:whistling:

I think you guys were carried away a little bit and this is not to the point.

I had this problem as you described and it is easy fixed by a watchsmith, and from my experience for "no money". Other wise, if you think this watch is crap go ahead and buy a new one, maybe something different that you like. This is what I would do.

@Teejay

Sorry, but you are wrong... ;)

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_apost.html

The apostrophe forms possessive nouns.

@Giorgio

Thanks man, I almost thought I was wrong...

@Rafib

Indeed, you are right...

@Corgi

Sorry Corgi... I guess I got carried away... I hope you can get your watch fixed. Someone did say that The Zigmeister is in Canada! I'm sure he can help you out! :)