When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I ordered two inserts from Wholesaleoutlet990 / JewelryOutlet / Faisal Ali.

Stephane

When/if you receive the inserts, if you to leave an honest, but negative feedback with the dealer, I'd almost bet that his reponse will be to give you negative feedback and put "Liar. All customers satisfied with our product and service." If you lodge a protest with eBay, his responses will drag to the point where the dispute is automatically cancelled. As frustrating as it might be, for the cost of a couple of inserts, I'd suggest letting it drop, moving on, and warning people against using them if their name is ever mentioned again. Best of luck :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about pointing the guy to this thread? Sounds crazy but why not... he must know lots of his inserts go to reps... he even adds info how to install them onto reps.

@Jet: I always received his shipments to EU in 7-9 days. That's the average what it takes, and there are no customs concerns either. I've never heard a standard airmail from the USA gotten stuck into EU customs (or vice versa). China and other "high risk" countries are completely different matter. And there's even "Commercial sample, may be opened officially" written on his letter.

@Stephane: Check your email, I found another Ebay store selling good looking inserts.

i just ordered another insert from this guy and paid for it 2 days ago... we'll see how long it takes to arrive. Ive never had a problem with him before, hes usually pretty good.. things do get lost in the mail though i suppose.

@V. I am very active.

Don't think that if I do not post 10 threads/day, I'm not feeling at home here anymore. I do feel at home.

I wait and hope for better times for RWG.

I sit back and hope a lot of bullsh*t will fade away.

Sour ? Well yes, in a way, fed up of certain threads, for sure.

:disgust:

Oh poor Stephane. I'm sorry. I know the VIP thingie is ever on your mind. Or perhaps there are other considerations. Anyway, you're a great member! 1 post per day from you is better than my 25. :(

Stephane-

If you bought it on ebay and paid by PayPal, you are in control of this transaction.

Log in to your PayPal account and go to "Dispute Resolution" (sorry, don't know what it would be in French!).

They will take you through a lot of menus but you get to a place where you can begin a dispute resolution which you will inevitably win.

Once you have filed it, your seller will start remembering things that he forgot and start finding things he has lost.

Do not be afraid of the threat of a negative feedback from this person. He will never do it unless he is a week from going out of business. That you cannot control. But it is a chance we all take, and I have been through it on ebay for the past nine years.

You can win.

Carl

somehow your order was marked shipped by shipping guy and he kept in the drawer, somehow he found it and he mailed it.

- wholesaleoutlet990

They used to use the old 'shipping guy found it in a drawer' story on me every time they failed to ship my order or lost the item I returned to them (because it was either damaged or did not match their description). Some things never change. Of the 3 items I purchased from Ali, 1 was defective and replaced with an even more defective replacement (at my cost for shipping) and neither of the other 2 matched the descriptions he provided. I looked up 'crook' in the dictionary, and the entry said 'See Ali'.

Thanks guys.

I opened a dispute indeed, and, I'm not afraid of bad evaluations on ebay.

As long as the people I am dealing with since years, months or week know what kind of customer I am, it's fine.

And they know.

Again, 30$ is nothing.

I just bought two concert tickets for my daughter (Tokio Hotel: http://tokiohotel.pop24.de/tokiohotel2/index2_en.php) for around 400$ and got the tickets in 24 hours.

So, there are good and bad guys out there. That is life

Stephane-

If you bought it on ebay and paid by PayPal, you are in control of this transaction.

Log in to your PayPal account and go to "Dispute Resolution" (sorry, don't know what it would be in French!).

They will take you through a lot of menus but you get to a place where you can begin a dispute resolution which you will inevitably win.

Once you have filed it, your seller will start remembering things that he forgot and start finding things he has lost.

Do not be afraid of the threat of a negative feedback from this person. He will never do it unless he is a week from going out of business. That you cannot control. But it is a chance we all take, and I have been through it on ebay for the past nine years.

You can win.

Carl

Carl,

Did you not see the post I made regarding this very course of action? Faisal is a slippery bastard and knows how to work the system. He is a liar and a cheat. He incorrectly labels his merchandise, and calls anyone who calls him out on it, a liar. As I said before, anyone leaving him negative feedback, gets the reply "Liar. All customers happy with our product and service." Opening a dispute against him is an exercise in futility as he will drag out his responses untill it passes the time period which a dispute must be resolved by before automatically cancelling. He offers to withdraw negative feedback on the condition that the other person does likewise, and all that does, is prevent others from knowing that he [censored]ed up a deal, and someone stood up to him. This is not a situation someone can win, because as long as he refuses to acknowlegde the messages from eBay, the dispute eventually goes inactive, and his status is unaffected. As I've said before, and will say again. It is simply not worth the risks of dealing with Faisal as if anything goes wrong with the deal, the "I'll make it right" attitude which people expect from the recommended dealers, simply does not exist in this person. He is a liar and a cheat, and deserves nothing less than being banned from eBay completely.

Strange to hear that... I've ordered several inserts in various separate transactions over the course of this year and all came quick and excactly as promised. In fact his standard shipment to EU was quicker than expensive "nternational" shipping by Clarks. I especially liked his 16610 replacement for my noob - great deal and perfect fit. No glue or sanding needed.

@TeeJay-

If you paid through PayPal with a credit card, you cannot lose.

If you paid through PayPal with any other means, charge this off to experience and don't make the same mistake again. Don't read any further.

Call you credit card company and have them reverse the transaction as you did not receive the item. You may need to put it in writing as a follow up.

The burden of proof is now on PayPal and their friend Faisal. Your credit card company will give you an immediate credit and PayPal will charge Faisal.

That should be the end of it. I'm not sure what your local laws are, but working though your bank is the best way to deal with PayPal.

If you need more particular info on this (with UK threads) go to www.paypalsucks.com.

PayPal's rules do not override the rules of all of the credit card companies which it accepts. The credit card companies have their own terms and PayPal has no choice but to accept them. All of them allow a charge back out to 180 days in most of the world. As they accept the cards, they are forced to accept their terms- a little known fact. They have been proven to not fight a chargeback. Initiate a chargeback with your issuer.

Carl

@TeeJay-

If you paid through PayPal with a credit card, you cannot lose.

If you paid through PayPal with any other means, charge this off to experience and don't make the same mistake again. Don't read any further.

Call you credit card company and have them reverse the transaction as you did not receive the item. You may need to put it in writing as a follow up.

The burden of proof is now on PayPal and their friend Faisal. Your credit card company will give you an immediate credit and PayPal will charge Faisal.

That should be the end of it. I'm not sure what your local laws are, but working though your bank is the best way to deal with PayPal.

If you need more particular info on this (with UK threads) go to www.paypalsucks.com.

PayPal's rules do not override the rules of all of the credit card companies which it accepts. The credit card companies have their own terms and PayPal has no choice but to accept them. All of them allow a charge back out to 180 days in most of the world. As they accept the cards, they are forced to accept their terms- a little known fact. They have been proven to not fight a chargeback. Initiate a chargeback with your issuer.

Carl

Carl, sorry for the delay, my net connection was down all day yesterday.

That only works if you don't receive the item. I received the item, and it was garbage. He even acknowledged in his emails that he realized there were problems which he was trying to have rectified, yet when I put the complaint against him, he used his usual feedback of "Liar, all customers happy with our product and service."

Getting a credit card to issue a chargeback is a potential minefield in this area of interest. Sure, buying an aftermarket bezel insert is no problem, but, had I tried claiming the parcel never arrived when it did (it could ultimately be tracked) would have made me a liar, no worse than Faisal, and likely to eventually be humilliated by the CC Company.

At the end of the day, the guy is a lying roach, (ie seemingly indestructible) and anyone would do well to avoid him.

TeeJay

I feel your pain.

But you did not receive the item (which you ordered). Signing for garbage does not mean you have to accept it. You did not order and pay for garbage. That is a valid credit card chargeback and it goes against PayPal, not Faisal. They will have to take up with him and they will simply take it out of his account to make themselves whole. There is no way he can dispute it under their rules. You have no further need to deal with PayPal's obfuscations or Faisal's lying.

Just tell your CC issuer that you ordered watch replacement parts or whatever through PayPal and what you received was significantly different, substandard, etc. That is only the truth of the matter. It is very simple to initiate a chargeback and I highly recommend that you look into it.

Best Wishes,

Carl

I agree with Carl. I would contact your credit card bank and place a dispute hold on the purchase. I have had to do this two times for reps--once for a defective rep watch & the other time with this Faisal crook (since paypal took Faisal's side, even though I had the paperwork that proved my case and my bank agreed with me). Even seeing all of the photos and email exchanges that made it pretty obvious that these were not gen watch parts, my bank never batted an eye over the matter of my purchasing rep watches & parts (credit card banks really are the greediest bastards in the world, but, in this case, it helps when they are on your side). It took several weeks (the bank kept asking for additional explanations in writing), but, in the end, I did get satisfaction (and all of my money back).

TeeJay

I feel your pain.

But you did not receive the item (which you ordered). Signing for garbage does not mean you have to accept it. You did not order and pay for garbage. That is a valid credit card chargeback and it goes against PayPal, not Faisal. They will have to take up with him and they will simply take it out of his account to make themselves whole. There is no way he can dispute it under their rules. You have no further need to deal with PayPal's obfuscations or Faisal's lying.

Just tell your CC issuer that you ordered watch replacement parts or whatever through PayPal and what you received was significantly different, substandard, etc. That is only the truth of the matter. It is very simple to initiate a chargeback and I highly recommend that you look into it.

Best Wishes,

Carl

Would that actually work? I have to admit, I only thought it applied if nothing was received at all. I quite agree with your point that I didn't receive the item (which I ordered :lol: ), but I still got 'something', which in all fairness, would probably have been satisfactory to some. My beef was primarily that I didn't feel the product filled the claim on the sale (of being indistinguishable from the original) It was quite a while ago, (nearly a year) so not really much I can do about it now, and to be honest, it wasn't for much money, I just don't like how eBay continues to allow the scammer to list auctions, despite their misleading content... Oh well. Allah will judge him :)

I agree with Carl. I would contact your credit card bank and place a dispute hold on the purchase. I have had to do this two times for reps--once for a defective rep watch & the other time with this Faisal crook (since paypal took Faisal's side, even though I had the paperwork that proved my case and my bank agreed with me). Even seeing all of the photos and email exchanges that made it pretty obvious that these were not gen watch parts, my bank never batted an eye over the matter of my purchasing rep watches & parts (credit card banks really are the greediest bastards in the world, but, in this case, it helps when they are on your side). It took several weeks (the bank kept asking for additional explanations in writing), but, in the end, I did get satisfaction (and all of my money back).

That's an awesome outcome :) I'll have to bear that in mind if I'm ever in such a situation again :)

Guys,

Do you mind if I put everybody back on the main point?

I was only asking for experiences with this "particular" seller.

If I'm loosing money, I will loose 30$ (who cares)

This is my first experience in "rep inserts". All my other ones are gen.

So, what I see here is: it's obvious that Ali isn't the best seller for inserts.

But, at the end of the day, these situations are part of our games, aren't they?

Cheers

Stephane

I agree, the money isn't the issue. The problem is that you except something to arrive, and it never does. Lying and dishonesty is the problem here.

That guy is an idiot. Now he's losing a lot of sales because of his stupidity. I will never recommend him to anyone ever again. I still think you should point him into this thread.

How is the quality of these inserts? I see all of these 'after market' inserts which are obviouly not gen but it seems like these are the only thing available on ebay? Are these aftermarket inserts more accurate than lets say the stock noob insert?

Are these aftermarket inserts more accurate than lets say the stock noob insert?

Nooo.... we order them just for the kicks. The default inserts are much better. It's a lot of fun to spend some extra money, buy from unreliable sellers and tear our watches apart. :D

Seriously: For some reason the default inserts are crap. Especially on the GMT, and Faisal Ali's GMT inserts are very good. Not perfect, but much better than the rep inserts we get. Submariner's weak link is usually the pearl. Some aftermarket inserts (like wholesaleoutlet) come with much better quality pearl.