When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I ordered two inserts from Wholesaleoutlet990 / JewelryOutlet / Faisal Ali.

Stephane

Right on, just making sure because whenever I see the word 'aftermarket' I get kind of skeptical, but thanks for clarifying now I can go ahead and order one for myself =)

I just got 1 for $19.99 + $4 from seller 'helfands' for my submariner

e5_1_b.JPG

Edited by UB7

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But, at the end of the day, these situations are part of our games, aren't they?

Cheers

Stephane"

Well, yes they are of course. That is all that I have ever said. It is just a hobby and one should be prepared to stand a loss, which I am always prepared to stand. I won't take such a high risk in this hobby which would make me consider it anything other than a hobby. On this board, we deal with a variety of risk variables which are outside of our control, but dishonesty should not be allowed to be a variable.

We have the ability to control it in cases such as this and scammers should not be allowed a hiding place. I can stand to lose $30 but that does not mean that I'll not get it back from a scammer if I can. Many of them appear to know the rules better than we do, and are more than willing to use intimidation, as Faisal obviously has. But I know these rules also, with more than a thousand PayPal transactions with collector items to 27 countries, almost always as a seller (I have never been charged back which should indicate how I feel about honesty).

So that is my rant about scammers and I am not happy whenever one of our members gets scammed.

Thanks for listening.

Carl

oh yeah.. ive had the same experience too :).. and u know what he keeps asking me for a feedback but lemme tell you something.. i havent done so because i wanna wait for the result.. i ordered the insert on the 1st of october and now is already the 9th and items still not arriving.. so i will leave him a negative feedback and link to this thread if he doesnt deliver.. would that be a useful one? and can someone recommend me a good seller of insert? because i truly need one right now :(.. and UB7's looks good.. can you pls pm me the detail of the seller of that insert pls UB..

or by tor.. anyone else i can contact? thanks :) especially i want one that can fit a noobmariner :)

:lol:

He would be very surprised for sure.

But, BT, if I do that wouldn't it hurt RWG ?

I mean I only can do this by sending him an eBay internal message ...

Ooh, I dunno, Stephane. Even if you are given the go-ahead, is that wise? Maybe that person will take it vindictively against others who he may have dealings.

My eBay ID is not the same as my forum ID, but maybe others' are. There is one member I saw selling Panerai straps only yesterday, and I smiled when I saw his ID. :bye1:

UB7 the inserts from JewelryOutlet have been found to be one of the best aftermarket ones....

half true sir.

I bought in the past an insert for the Omega Seamaster 300m pro and received it after a long fight AND time, just to see that it was a total sh** and the pearl was off-centered . He refused to replace it when asked for it and he claimed that that insert was same like the original.

The sh** insert was delivered within 8 days after i opened a PayPal dispute. That means that i waited for the initial package 40 days to arrive and, it never did in the 1st place.

@forum:

i'd suggest that when some people recommend in this forum an ebay seller, first make sure that the seller is 100% reliable.

Seller being RELIABLE and packages LOST from time to time while in transit are 2 DIFFERENT THINGS.

We are not talking about replicas here which is an ILLEGAL business and some troubles should be expected and understood

We are talking about an ebay seller who sells aftermarket parts and advertises them as genuine replacement parts. That's a LEGAL business which should be valued as a legal business. At least ebay marked him as legal since they marked him as a PowerSeller which is a title that attracts buyers !!!

That ebay seller scams whenever he has the good chances to do it Period.

Selling them all?

Dear all,

I feel a little bad about having opened this thread a while ago.

My intentions were nice but the math is showing I should close the thread now.

So, here is what I was up to:

- I fell in love with a splendid REP that was around 2K.

- I choose to get that one instead of several unworn beauties.

But, while doing the math

Ok Guys.

I want to publicly apologize doubting about Faisal Ali.

The two inserts arrived today, october 10th.

The post stamp of US First Class Mail indicates it has been posted on september 9th.

Unless it's a rep US Post sticker of course.

So, I left the inserts in the trunk of my car and have no will to exit my house now but from my first inspection it seems that the numbers are not better aligned than on the one delivered on the watch itself.

I'll shoot some pictures soon.

Cheers

Stephane

PS: of course, the dispute will be closed in minutes...

Good to hear, Stephane.

As I mentioned in my original post to this thread, regular postal mail can take 30 days to the EU. This has happened to me in the past & the reason I now use Global Priority mail (5days).

So how are the new inserts compared to your gens? Curious minds would like to know. :)

The biggest problem with the usual aftermarket GMT inserts is the color. Way too dark blue, and way too "burgundy" red on the Pepsi inserts. The ones Joe and Palp used to sell also had misaligned "dot" between 10 and 8.

The font is a bit too tall on my "Noob" GMT, but the color is perfect 1:1. Same with the burgundy/black one. Excellent color & shine. And once again, beggars can't be choosers.

2007 model gen on the left, my rep (with jewelryoutlet insert) on the right (pic by bklm1234).

wt2-13.jpg

Based on my 3 purchases from Ali, I would not be surprised if the numbers on the insert are off-center or rub off or have the wrong font, etc. What would surprise me is if he actually delivered a good, quality part that matched his description of that part.

You're right Freddy.

The numbers start aligned and then become more and more miss aligned.

Of center on the insert.

I'll try to take flat pics so you all can see.

Cheers

Stephane

ByTor, on the BK one the numbers are quite nicely aligned though.

Is this a Ali one ?

Yep. That's bklm's bezel insert though. But mine is identical. Very good quality.

I'd be surprised if you received something else.

Yeah, the numbers aren't perfect. But close enough, imho. The correct color & shine is much more important to me.

Funny, if you check Ebay you'll see LOTS of preowned gens having these same inserts. It's the cheapest way to "upgrade" a GMT. I guess Ali sells them a lot.

TeeJay,

Let's be straight.

You and me are not close friends and, pls note it's Froglish I'm speaking, we have completely different point of views which will impeech us to become whatever but two users on a same forum.

Your point is always: they lie. It's not like a genuine. Do not buy from Josh, Andrew, Paul, and now Ali...which is ruining the atmosphere of my hobby.

Mine: it's close to what i hoped but if I want better, than I should go genuine, and go to Rolex thus.

Buy from who ever you want as long as they didn't point a gun on your head, you're free to change you mind.

But, when you order and are delivered, pay and stick to your word.

Why close the dispute?

Because the guy is honnest.

He said it was shipped on september 9th, and it was.

Because 30 $ is very very cheap for such nice inserts, although not as accurate as Rolex ones.

But after buying genuine parts from Rolex I know that they are never the same either.

I am never checking a restaurant bill, I always help friends when they have financial problems, ...

Mostly, because I hate to speak about money. It's so boaring.

The watch I'm wearing right now, I might have paid say 300$.

I could sell it for 1.000 to a person who loves it or give it for free to a person I love.

Money doesn't matter for me.

I have had up and downs man.

And since 10 years, I'm really UP to my standarts.

I had weeks when I only could afford a kilo of potatoes and weeks I spend in the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok or in a Sorrento 4 star.

I'm not sure you get my point, but I will have tried my best to make it as clear as you once did with me: leave me in peace.

Stephane

So once again, he has delivered inserts which are distinguishable from the real thing, which his sales claims not to be possible.

Why close the disputes? You received something, but not something as it was advertized...

This thing started out as a delivery problem and not a quality problem. That issue has been solved. The quality issue is a complex one and will NEVER be solved to EVERYBODY'S satisfaction. If you put a gen and a rep side by side, same light, same angle, shoot a tripod macro picture and then have 30 minutes to stare at that shot on your computer screen, you will always find issues.

Me, I'm not like that. The price of his inserts is cheap. The quality is not. They are good and visibly better than what the rep came with. Yes, you can buy a gen insert and it will be.... gen. It will also cost a lot more. I have his inserts on my noobs, on my GMT II, on my MBW 1680 and a few waiting to be installed. Works for me... but then again, thank God there's no "one size fits all"... :D

This thing started out as a delivery problem and not a quality problem. That issue has been solved. The quality issue is a complex one and will NEVER be solved to EVERYBODY'S satisfaction. If you put a gen and a rep side by side, same light, same angle, shoot a tripod macro picture and then have 30 minutes to stare at that shot on your computer screen, you will always find issues.

Me, I'm not like that. The price of his inserts is cheap. The quality is not. They are good and visibly better than what the rep came with.

That's it I guess :lol: