When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid week wrist check

Stephane

WEDNESDAY

Today, I'm taking out my beloved gen USSR-made Poljot watch! Yes, similar to the one worn by Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin himself into orbit!!

poljotcloseupir5.jpg

I have a cuter Wristie than he did though. :lol:

poljotwristiefo6.jpg

...okay, okay. He actually wore this, the famous Schturmanskie.

shturm1em8.jpg

But even my intense dislike of Commies doesn't prevent me from loving the Poljot and its history. :wub: Oh and the Russkies also made an excellent rifle, celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. To echo Judi Dench as "M": "God, I miss the Cold War."

THURSDAY

It's hot hot hot in Miami this October!! (33C) And that was at 5 PM, too.

91foc5.jpg

And when you mention heat and wristwatches, you have to think of Panerai. My brand-new, very first cognac Strapmasters strap on the DSN 112. Hotness.

flowerspam112jf7.jpg

Yarrrrrrr!!

buckleyarrxamaszz5.jpg

You know those drivers who approach a Toll Plaza and they're fumbling with their wallets UNTIL THE VERY LAST MINUTE? Well, I hate those people.

tollplazapam113pq3.jpg

Ex-Girl Guides are ALWAYS prepared! :tu:

@Stephane: Nice Mont Blanc! And I see the ex-Missus Stephane got to keep the jewels...ah well, I hope you got to keep the dog. ;)

@Scoobs: You'll be missed. Have fun in Polska! (The Polish connexion on RWG is amazing, no?)

But even my intense dislike of Commies doesn't prevent me from loving the Poljot and its history. :wub: Oh and the Russkies also made an excellent rifle, celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. To echo Judi Dench as "M": "God, I miss the Cold War."

I love Communism! Communism is Awesome!!!

It just doesn't work :lol::lol:

Okay, so the 127 didn't make it for my birthday (wasn't really expecting it too, but oh well, it'll be here by the time I get back from my mini-vacation monday) So, as I've had on for the last few days, and will continue to wear until the 127 has to take up permanant residence on my wrist, I've been wearing my old favorite :)

3330ea35.jpg

I decided to wear my 2220.80 SMP today, afterall, it's a watch I bought myself for myself, most of the others are ones either bought for me, or with money I received, (I didn't want to wear my X-33 or GMT Sub) so I felt it was time the 2220.80 had a little wrist time :)