When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How much are your Reps Worth?

Victoria

A light just went off my head when posting my recent Breitling SFSO thread. Now, it doesn't work for me, because I have an ungodly 69 reps (some on their way), and obviously that's well over $1m, but here's my idea.

Count your ALL your reps. Now look up the retail price. And total them up. How much are they worth if they were gens?

Imagine your neighbours or boss, looking at your wrist every other day. Whatever the total is, I bet you none of us here have less than AT LEAST $10,000 worth of watches, if they were gens.

They must think, "that rich bastard, how does he do it?". :D

It's not hard to get $10,000 worth of reps either V. I would estimate all my bling to be well into the million dollar range......

Not to mention all the ones I don't have anymore. Hell, the platinum black MOP masterpiece alone is almost $200,000 retail. Kinda silly to even think about wearing that one if you ask me. :lol:

It's not hard to get $10,000 worth of reps either V. I would estimate all my bling to be well into the million dollar range......

Jfreeman, you were THE guy I was thinking of when I was composing the post!

"I wonder what his total amount would be, if they were gens?"

Your neighbours must be in utter of awe of you. You're in sales, you said right? Well, guess what. I wouldn't doubt your watches were gens, just a few short months back when I didn't know of "this" rep world.

Yes, it depends on where you live, etc. -- but salesmen makes tonnes of money. I would just think you were loaded, or ate Hamburger Helper every night. :p

Not to mention all the ones I don't have anymore. Hell, the platinum black MOP masterpiece alone is almost $200,000 retail. Kinda silly to even think about wearing that one if you ask me. :lol:

Corgi and I own the Patek Philippe Sky Moon rep.

Now, as I recently said, most people haven't a clue how much that is really worth -- and those that do, automatically know our watches MUST be reps.

But that watch single-handedly puts my total above $2 million dollars, totaled. LMAO. :lol:

$250,000 + :lol:

Kru, something tells me I wouldn't doubt you could afford that. Call me indiscrete if you want, but I know a man who knows what's what. :p

Hey! Just thought of another thing for US members...there's an IRS tip hotline, right?

Gosh, people -- don't go making enemies of neighbours. They can leave an anonymous tip to the IRS, saying, "Hey this person has a boatload of Rolexes and gold watches. You better check him out."

Not that I've ever heard of that happening, since I don't know a single person who hasn't lied in his or her tax returns sometime. Chances are they're not clean either. ;)

I use the lowest-price-I've-seen-a-gen-sell-at method, which brings my total "what if" price to $80,000 (with the 7 reps costing a total of 11 grand including labor, parts, and straps) thanks to the fact that my rep collection consists of 2 Mullers, a Nautilus, an Overseas, an in-progress 18k frankentona, a DSRD, and 2 "rare" PAMs. I've also dumped 15k into 4 gens. And you guys don't want to know what I've spent on reps and straps I've either sold or given away over 4 years of collecting...

That was funny, I almost spit all my soda onto the screen. :lol: 1:1 I would think. :thumbs:

Beer o'clock for me, so it wasn't soda that could have almost ruined my screen.... and I agree totally with the comment being gold!