When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Favorite out of the box rep

ironmarshal

Which rep is your favorite out of the box rep? Just curious to know people's thoughts on this topic.

Note favorite does not necessarily mean most accurate. It could be inaccurate but have a great look or feel.

**note: editing post....originally asked best, but as several members pointed out I am really looking for you favorite rep.

Which rep do you think is the best out of the box rep? Just curious to know people's thoughts on this topic.

Note best does not necessarily mean most accurate. It could be inaccurate but have a great look or feel.

I bought 4 watches this year so far. Swiss SOSF, HBB S/S with AR, IWC Cousteau Diver (2006 model) and Asian 21 J Chopard GTXL. Best out of the box rep is IMO the HBB with a very good second place for the SOSF. The IWC CD is a very bad quality watch IMO, think about al the misallignements, dust on the dial etc etc. The Asian Chopard 21J GTXL is a very good watch for his price. So winner.... Hublot Big Bang (the AR one)

Favorite? Mine is the Franck Muller Crazy Hours that I purchased for $98USD. Best, no. Most accurate? no way. But a watch I wear a lot and the only one that my kids will look at at the top of the hour "to see it go all crazy". A fun watch and a great introduction for me to this hobby.

My favorites (that I own) out of the box are the Omega UPO black and the latest version of the Tag Professional Golf which is a great 1:1 rep although, the quartz movement may be a turn off to some. IMHO, the overall best and most accurate reproduction to date is most likely the Hublot BB with ceramic bezel.

Which rep do you think is the best out of the box rep? Just curious to know people's thoughts on this topic.

Since inaccuracy is not a criteria, I would echo Xyphis by saying that the USD98 FM Crazy Hours is a fantastic rep, which is not TOO inaccurate at that.

I will stick to the ones I have, because I've never seen the HBB in ceramic or even the ETA SFSO.

The Gucci Twirl (especially in SS), the Cartier Panthere in YG, and Cartier La Do

SFSO, although I find it ugly, is a great rep as is. Probably the best. Others that are quite good which I personally like better than the SFSO would be the "Ultimate" Planet Ocean and the 2892 FM Conq. Many of the Omega reps, if you like Omega, are quite good, actually. The Railmaster, the Seamaster, and the Aqua Terra all strike me as nice out-of-the-box reps even though they aren't my cup of tea.

Tag Link Chrono for me.

I would say that is a good shout, the SFSO(I only have the Asian, ETA on the way) and UPO are pretty fab too.

Some of DSN's watches, if you are lucky enough to get a fault free example are amazing too......if thats not cheating <_< .

Best "out of the box" for me, is the blue faced Aqua Terra and the Railmaster XL, both great, but not "exact" reps...........would fool almost anyone on your wrist.....everyone except true horologists off the wrist............