When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's your favorite / best Davidsenjpn / DSN?

DuDro

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5218/201A and 6152 are my favs.

I have to echo what a pleasure he is to deal with; I've bought quite a few parts from him too and he often sends multiples or does it gratis -he knows how to do business!

Can't wait to have his latest version dial dropped in this baby

DSCN4425.jpg

DSCN3907.jpg

DSN has agreed to have a courier deliver my order to my hotel when I'm in Hong Kong next month! Woo Hoo! Instant gratification! :D

Now I need to decide which one to get...Hmmmm...

From the responses to the post, it seems that I should be leaning towards the following:

The 195...

DSCF4249.jpg

The 082...

DSC03302.jpg

The 127...

DSCF5604.jpg

Time to make a decision... :headhurt:

Go for the 195. Better yet, the 009.

I'm leaning towards the 195 AND possibly a 127. I'll be visiting the MBK shop the week after my stay in HKG, so I need to keep that in mind. For the price of the 127, I can possible buy two MBK gems. :p

I like the 009, but I don't think DSN has them...Correct me if I am wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

i've owned quite a few DSN's and the most elegant would have to be the 127. this thing is damm perfect.

However, my 2 favorites DSN's of all time are his 176 and 202a. the 176 is 99% accurate. i'm suprised that this watch doesnt get much attention. Nobody beats DSN's PVD. i've seen other Pam PVD offerings and it comes glossy like it was anodized from SS casing. DSN's PVD has great texture and are coated based off of his Ti cases.

my .02 cents.....

First things first, thanks Davidsen. I received my DSN 172 yesterday and it is now the best watch I own. From the very first email, to the response to my many emails, he answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease that I was making the right decision. Since this is my first PAM, I really have nothing to compare it to. I originally wanted the DSN 111H, but liked the fact that the blue hands sort of made this watch stand out among the others. I also liked the fact that the case wasn't all shiny. I know the case is ION-TI plated, and I hope the finish last for a long time. The only imperfection that I saw was what looked like lume overextending the :30 tick on the seconds dial. I have to honestly say, other than taking a bit to actually pay Davidsen through moneybookers, the transaction was extremely fast (3-4 days HK to my door). Davidsen included an additional band and extra sping bars, now if I can only figure out how to get the tan band off and put on the dark brown one. It would have been nice to have a screwdriver small enough to perform this task :) I'm very happy with my purchase and know that this probably won't be my last DSN. I started collecting rep watches in the mid 80's and these were cheaply made and the quality was poor. None of them have really survived over the years. My goal is basically start from this point forward with a variety of quality rep watches. Now, I need to find the best strap to finish the look.

Enjoy the photos, photography is another hobby of mine.

post-579-1194794734_thumb.jpg

If you are looking for a 127, check out Angus' new offering, I have just bought one, and waiting for it to be delivered, fot the price it is one hell of a watch! Not to say DSN's are inferior, I had a 005 from him which was sublieme, but $218 for a great Fiddy from Angus sold it for me.

The only Davidsen watch I have is the 127, yet it is a thing of beauty, and has to be up there as one of his best.

dsc03664yt8.jpg

That is stunning, i dont think i have ever seen one before, blown away,

Hey! I was the one who suggested Maxi buy the Toscana Amber strap...and it looks GORGEOUS. Like they were made for each other. :wub:

i think now i know what my wife is getting for christmas! Vic would you think she would like it?

Oh my word YES.

For me, on the next-to-buy-from-DSN, it's either the 232 or the 082. I think I want a change of pace with the Radiomir, but this is a no-brainer.

BUY IT! Mrs. Andy will love it. :)

(Goes great with "lady colour" straps, in case she likes those. I'm speaking specifically of whites, beiges, and light tans)

EDIT: Don't forget to check the Daily Specials for a low-priced Amber. Not currently on offer though.

http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/Special

I just looked at DSNs pics of this watch and he should seriosly think about re taking the pics or using maximilions shots, on the sales shots is looks like a boreing sausage dail, in maxes pics the shines and sparkles!

I am constantly stunned by the low quality of shots offered by some collectors. Some verge on the deceptive (but in the good sense -- once I got used to it, I "compensated" in my mind for what I was about to get, because the pics looked crappy), or dilettante.

DSN's pics...so-so. But for the money he charges, I'd certainly get professional shots done of my watches. Who can forget this lovely photo, showing a rather shadowy figure in the background?

DSCF5476.jpg

I called it The Ghost of Davidsen's Past.

Love the vest, you should be used to that view though Vic your man being an italian or is that just a stereo type ;)

He beats me too. ;)

In Davidsen's case he looks like a stringvestite. Not an ounce of hair on that bod! And yes, I'm woman enough to wonder what Andrew, Joshua, and them look like. I bet you Andrew looks elegant.