When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's your favorite / best Davidsenjpn / DSN?

DuDro

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I make compare with DSN, TWP and Angus for a longtime.

Of course it is depend on personal feeling, I decide Angus 111E with Asian which has most accurate dial & crown guard, and also Angus have a competitive price.

When 111E arrive, I will write a short review.

Edited by kotaro

How about any of his PVDs? I've tried a non-DSN PVD PAM in the past but the finish was kind of "cheap-looking". I'm starting to like them again after looking at some of DSN's offering...Let me know what you think...Thanks in advance!

I love his 112. I love his Fiddy. It just happens those are the only DSN watches I own. :)

(My next, the 232, perhaps)

i was waiting for someone to mention the 232 -- it's my only DSN watch i own, and it is very nice (it will be even nicer when i get a chance to install the more accurate darker brown dial he sent me).

don't hesitate for one second on the 232 (yes vic, i'm talking to you ;)) -- it's probably my most unique pam.

deltatahoe

Guest watchbuff

My only PAM the 111H Has a 2 mm crown, maybe its a freak thing or he did me the favor, supelumed, canon pin fix, 2 nice bands, Swiss movement. The best price offered from anyone. B)

http://1012006cv9.jpg

1012006cv9.jpg

By watchbuff, shot with DSC-W5 at 2007-10-12

Edited by watchbuff

I'm going back and forth on whether I can pull off a 47mm PAM. The first time I tried, my GF laughed at me when she saw it on my wrists. The second time, I liked it when I placed a 26mm x 22mm strap on it.

Now, I'm not sure...my wrist measure about 6.75 inches (17.15 cm). I have no problem with my UPO XL, but something about those few extra millimeters makes me hesitate about getting another Fiddy.

Any thoughts on this?

i was waiting for someone to mention the 232 -- it's my only DSN watch i own, and it is very nice (it will be even nicer when i get a chance to install the more accurate darker brown dial he sent me).

That personally shows a lot of after-purchase professionalism to me. He also sent me tried to make things right with me, and I appreciated it.

I just hope he's not giving Raymond the cold shoulder, because of any lingering ill-feeling.

When will you have your dial done?

don't hesitate for one second on the 232 (yes vic, i'm talking to you ;)) -- it's probably my most unique pam.

I can't wait*! It's such a covetted watch in the gen forum, as you know. That and the 249, but a prominent RWG'er convinced me that the plexiglass really is easily scratched, and those blue hands look rather tacky. I think Tourby once said the same thing.

The only detail I don't like about the 232 is the lack of exposition caseback. Ah well!

*However, I'll think I'll ask my parents for it to be my Christmas present, so I'll order it in late November. :)

Any thoughts on this?

Click on Rima's post regarding her 6.5" wrists, as well as Slai's above.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=21017&hl=

Her post was INSTRUMENTAL in making me realise I too could wear a large watch, like Panerais. Well, and Ola.

It depends on body build, ultimately, DuDro. Look at my 5.7" wrists. The 44mms are perfect. The 47mms are okay. That's because I have medium sized bones, in a petite frame (height-wise. I could stand to lose the stone I gained these past 3 months...).

How would you describe your body? The taller the better, but also, if the wrist is slim but the rest of your hand and forearm is wide, you'll be fine.

That personally shows a lot of after-purchase professionalism to me. He also sent me tried to make things right with me, and I appreciated it.

david has always been nothing but professional with me. i emailed him asking how much it would be to send me the updated dial; he responded with a price (which was very reasonable for a new superlumed dial) and after discussing payment methods (i purchased my 232 from him using an international wire transfer, which apparently he ended up having to pay $20-25 in fees to receive), he just sent it to me for free and said we'll settle up with my next purchase.

When will you have your dial done?

i'm wondering the same thing. i really need to just suck it up and buy the necessary tools to complete simple tasks like this on my watches, but i find myself so busy when i'm not working that i don't really have much excess time to do my own watchmaking work. given ziggy is so slammed these days, i'm at a loss regarding what to do. :g:

one thing is for sure, when i get it done i will take some pics to show off the new darker dial; i think it will look awesome with the mario paci papaya brown strap i have on my 232...

deltatahoe