When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Americans, look away!

Everythingape

I am an American, and I knew the answer to every one of those questions. I could go to another country and look for a bunch of stupid looking people and quiz them with similar results. I will admit that due to social engineering, the government controlled media, and the systematic and intentional elimination of the the affluent middle class in the United States, we've become overflowing cornucopia filled with the very cream of human ignorace. It makes me sad and enraged at the same time. My family and I are leaving for a simpler life in Costa Rica in about 13 months, though I don't know what it will accomplish. Damn it all...there ARE a LOT of worthless feeders in this country.

I'm sure you could do that in just about any country, but as an American it pains me to say that these people aren't all that unrepresentative of the public at large. I read a newspaper article a few years ago that said most American adults (I think it was 58%) couldn't calculate the change due to them from a lunch at McDonalds if they paid with a $20 bill. We've been in Iraq for several years now and many Americans can't locate the country on a map!

I am both an American and a Swede (dual citizenship), and this is nothing new. Just the other day I was asked if when growing up in Sweden, did we celebrate thanksgiving????? Thank god that my kids attend a private American school and also Swedish school.....

Moose

Priceless! :D

I'm sure this could be replicated (no pun intended) in any country....because it's not just the US that has a stranglehold on ignorance.

It's merely the world we live in. We share it with others who live their daily lives in blissful ignorance as to how much of a dumbass they truly are.

We should see the clips of when they asked these people....

What is Starbucks...

Who is Britney's "baby daddy"...

What color are the vests at Wal-Mart...

My guess is that the answers would be near the 100% mark.

Drive down the road and have someone ride your bumper....they are an idiot and can go around because you are doing the speed limit.....

Ride up on someone's bumper....and they are an idiot for going too slow and not getting out of the way...

No matter how we live our lives.....we are all someone else's "idiot"....yet we are convinced that we are always "right" and "smart".

The human condition remains....if nothing else.....entirely amusing.

Absolutely priceless.......and I think it is a true representation of the majority of Yanks......they really are as dumb as a bag of hammers...........

....but not Americans.........same result wherever you go........there's been a dumbing down worldwide since the advent of televison / fast food / computer generation...which should be surprising....but isn't....!

Edited by TTK

I am both an American and a Swede (dual citizenship), and this is nothing new. Just the other day I was asked if when growing up in Sweden, did we celebrate thanksgiving????? Thank god that my kids attend a private American school and also Swedish school.....

Moose

Well, I'm dual as well. I was talking with my US uncle, who I love dearly. In Canada, we celebrate in October, so I told him it is earlier than in the US. I also told him we celebrate Canada Day on July 1st as opposed to the US holiday on July 4th. He then asks, "What day do you celebrate Christmas in Canada?" and "Is your New Years on January 1st?" I just nodded and bit my tongue. I also remember one time I was going to a club in Seattle with a couple buddies and I was asked for ID at the door. My ID said British Columbia. The doorman said, "You're a long way from home, how's the Queen and England?" I guess he figured the province of British Columbia is NOT part of Canada, and is actually across the pond in the UK! I didn't correct him, just smiled and nodded. I wanted to make sure I got in the club.

Heh. From what I see they kind of hand picked some oddball people. For some reason other countries love to proclaim how stupid America and Americans are. Jealousy I presume. I have never seen a skit on the stupid people of Britain or Spain on television. Maybe they are compensating for something?

Jealousy no doubt. ;)

..I don't think anybody actually thought this was shown in the actual timeline..

And of course they hand-picked them, where would the fun be in showing people answering easy questions correctly?

Here's a clip of someone making fun of a few british people, just for you :)

Absolutely priceless.......and I think it is a true representation of the majority of Yanks......they really are as dumb as a bag of hammers...........

....but not Americans.........same result wherever you go........there's been a dumbing down worldwide since the advent of televison / fast food / computer generation...which should be surprising....but isn't....!

unfortunetly that is hard to argue with.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries. I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."

Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder ahead of the clash with the New York Giants at Wembley. Americans - gotta love 'em.

BBC Sport Quote of the Week

In the British video all the people were Scottish. It is a known fact that there is not a single brain cell in the whole of Scotland. :p

Oooh.. them be fightin' words! :D

..I thought they sound Irish, me!

Coom do theanga ablaich gun fheum, tha an h-a-mh