When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting in the Christmas spirit early this year!

gioarmani

An earlier-than-usual start for most, the trees aren't even for sale yet, I know; this will make a fun present to pull out & play when putting up the decorations--only a few weeks away! Here's a zip file of a mix-CD I put together, that my girl and I have been listening to, for the past few years. The tracks change a bit with each passing Christmas, but basically stay the same. I've tried to incorporate some lesser-known pieces that haven't been played to death over the air-waves, a few that aren't technically Christmas tunes but for personal reasons still feel as such, and perhaps a few proverbial songs, but hopefully performed slightly differently than what you're used to.

I certainly hope this will put one in the Christmas spirit, if you aren't getting there already. ;)

I've put them in MP3 format & uploaded it using Rapidshare, so simply click the link below, then click "Free" at the bottom, wait for the countdown, enter the code it gives you, then download it to your hard-drive. 17 tracks in all.

http://rapidshare.com/files/67936891/2007_Christmas.zip.html

The "Christmas spirit", "Season of giving", "Holiday joy"--whatever you prefer to call it, I have a feeling this Holiday season will be an exceptionally good one, and sincerely hope it will be for everyone else, as well. A sense of happiness & contentment tends to make one feel a bit less selfish, and hope that others will enjoy themselves, reveling in the same; to take part in a little more caring, a little more giving, and hopefully a little more understanding. Perhaps it's just habit for us to only concentrate on selflessness and sharing around this particular time of year, but I truly think it's a noble thing to do--perhaps even virtuous--to always reflect on the trials and tribulations that many have faced this year (including some of our very own members), and hopefully come out a bit more compassionate and wiser for it in the end. So here's a little something in hopes of kicking off that wonderful feeling, and hopes that '08 will see a brighter & better year for all of us, the world over. Take care; I hope you guys & gals enjoy, and have a very, merry Christmas!!

1) Good Morning Blues, Ella Fitzgerald

2) Christmas Time Is Here, Dianna Krall

3) I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm, Billie Holiday

4) Boogie Woogie Santa Claus, The Lionel Hampton Orchestra

5) Dig That Crazy Santa Claus, Ralph Marterie

6) Santa Baby, Madonna

7) Hey Santa!, Chris Isaak

8) The Christmas Blues, Dean Martin

9) La Valse D'AMelie, Yann Tiersen

10) Carol of the Bells, Harlem Boys Choir

11) Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!, Frank Sinatra

12) Dance Of The Sugarplum Fairy, Tchaikovsky (from the Nutcracker Suite)

13) I Saw Three Ships, Nat King Cole

14) Caroling, Caroling, Nat King Cole

15) Silent Night, Nat King Cole

16) Ave Maria, Luciano Pavarotti

17) The Christmas Song, Frank Sinatra & Nat King Cole

white-christmas-tree-decorations.jpg

Thank you for the great music. I love the diversity.

I created a similar mix of holiday music, burned them on CD's and designed the jewel box cover on my Mac. This was my most successful holiday gift in recent history.

I am waiting for more of you "stockin' stuffers" to appear in the Looney bin! ;)

An earlier-than-usual start for most, the trees aren't even for sale yet, I know;

Maybe not the trees, but all the shops I've gone to have a definite Christmassy spirit. I hate it. It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and we're already in Christmas mode. :(

(I love Christmas, it's not that. But this early, and it reminds me that Christmas in our secular societies is about consumerism, not about the birth of Christ...bah, humbug)

10) Carol of the Bells, Harlem Boys Choir

Magnificent track. Have it already, but I so look forward to downloading this. Thanks Gio!!

• 3 weeks later...

Magnificent track. Have it already, but I so look forward to downloading this. Thanks Goo!!

You mean to tell us that you don't personally know the Harlem Boys or live next door to them or went to the same school with them or actually cut a few songs with them. I am really let down by this Victoria. I mean with all the magnanimous information you have put forth on this board over the last few months. This is really disappointing. JL

Magnificent track. Have it already, but I so look forward to downloading this. Thanks Goo!!

You mean to tell us that you don't personally know the Harlem Boys or live next door to them or went to the same school with them or actually cut a few songs with them. I am really let down by this Victoria. I mean with all the magnanimous information you have put forth on this board over the last few months. This is really disappointing. JL

No amount of teasing my darling, will be able to get under my skin today. I am full of the goodness of family love, and simply radiating happiness and good will towards all.

Have a good rest of the week, Mr. Lemon!

Mwah! I love a bitter lemon. Have a squeeze on me! :tu:

Oh come on Vicky. Everyone knows I'm a sweet Lemon. But really, your life is so magnanimous, how could you of not cut a few tracks with them?

I have multiple references of your intriguing life, but one of my most favorites is this one from 2003:

"I was THIS close to Andre Agassi and family today since I wheedled my way into the VIP lounge of the Miami Masters in Key Biscayne, using my old sports photog press pass of a few years back (Homeland Security Code Orange my [censored]! I wasn't even frisked).

He looks almost the same as I remember him 5 years back, only shorter and balder. For all I know, his nips are pierced too. Nice t i t s though.

P.S.: And if any of you watched, and by chance the camera panned to the upper 300 section, twas I wearing the red Union Flag t-shirt . UK, representin' in da house, word!"

Such a life you've lived. And now, you pour thing are relagated to spending day & night living on a Replica Watch Forum. So sad about your medical condition. But don't worry, we won't talk about that on the open forum. :lol: JL

Gio - I still have last year's edition of your compilation :D I still think Dean Martin's version of 'Let it Snow' is better than Frank's though...

Thanks again for putting this out. We should franchise it - 'RWG Christmas'.

I am now waiting for Lady V to say she has the version from 2 years ago.... (well done Lemon :thumbsupsmileyanim: )