When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Next Super Rep Super Test

themuck

The first Super Rep Super Test & Review is here - http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=59795

I am now looking for your favourite rep from the latest generation of Super Reps so we can see which watch will be the subject of the next Super Test.

Please submit the Super Rep you would most like to see tested and reviewed to the extreme here at RWG and the reasons why you think it should be chosen.

Once all the nominations are in (over the next week or two) I will organise a poll of all the Super Reps you submit and forum members can then choose which rep will face the ultimate challenge.

I say try the Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph. Mine tested solid to 10 ATMs fresh from the box--and that was before I had greased/sealed it--and it's been down to almost 100 ft. I'd love to see if the HEV is functioning on this model as well.

Unfortunately, I did not have the same success with my SMP Chron that Gioarmani had...as mine didn't even pass 3atm even with a greasing of the pushers. The watch failed at the pushers...and I suspect any chrono without screwdown pushers would as well...unless you get really lucky...at least in the conditions that TheMuck is talking about.

I would recommend not just the SOSF...but both the Asian and Swiss versions to see if, functionally, there is a difference in the performance of the watch. We know the movements are different, and the crystal is different, so it would be interesting to see if there's a QC difference between the watches.

I can't thank you all enough for the humbling and very much appreciated comments you have all made. It was because of this courteous and friendly attitude here on RWG that I decided to fomulate and compile the test review for my fellow enthusiasts and I certainly have not been disappointed by your warmly welcomed appreciation of my efforts.

However it is with the deepest regret that I'm posting this reply to inform everyone that I have just been notified that I must now return offshore to relieve someone who must travel home on compassionate grounds and I will therefore be unable to upload the DVD (which hasn't been delivered to my home yet anyway) to YouTube before I return (four weeks from today). Having just returned onshore at the weekend, I was not due back offshore until just before Xmas (4 weeks on / 4 weeks off rotation) but this setback for my colleague means I can now spend the festive season with my family.

Thanks again everyone and I will respond to all your brilliant comments and questions as often as I can but please bear in mind I will be working from later today onwards so my opportunities to respond are very limited. I will upload the video to YouTube the second I get home. Thank you very much for your patience.

themuck

Please Note - Also posted as reply to test review topic with answers to members comments.

Please keep all suggestions for next test rep coming - may buy gen as well for proper side by side comparisons - so please be specific about the watch you would like to see tested (face colour, bracelet etc).