When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP pro, too good to be true

casanile

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a similar watch on ioffer. Emailed him and asked if the pic was the real watch. he said yes. paypalled funds. I asked again if the He vial is off 10 marker and he checked again. he was out of stock of the correct He models. He was honest and refunded my money. It can't hurt by asking. Sellers know they are selling reps and some are knowledgeable about the models available.

-bosk

I saw a similar watch on ioffer. Emailed him and asked if the pic was the real watch. he said yes. paypalled funds. I asked again if the He vial is off 10 marker and he checked again. he was out of stock of the correct He models. He was honest and refunded my money. It can't hurt by asking. Sellers know they are selling reps and some are knowledgeable about the models available.

-bosk

In other words he posted pics of the old, great SMP which he knows can't be found any more. Bet most people don't even catch the diff.

Saw the same post, but he also had the Blue version which i was looking for. He posted a pic with the correct HE vavle. He even said that he would receive it first, to avoid customs, then send it to me.

The picture posted is the rep with the correct HE valve position - you can easily tell it's a rep from the shape of the CGs. I got one of these at the time they were available and it's a frequent wearer because of the accuracy. I liked it so much that I bought a gen and I have considered rebuilding my rep Bond into this case but I think that I'll leave it alone.

If you can get the one that is photographed, buy it.

I actually had 2 of these watches - both black with the correct HE valve - one asian and one swiss. Due to lack of funds sold them both couple of years ago...i regret it now...defintely a keeper.

In other words he posted pics of the old, great SMP which he knows can't be found any more. Bet most people don't even catch the diff.

Here is his answer : "Hi, The is just like the picture. It has is all & it is 100% m***** i****. Thank you"

m**** i****?

was is das? looks good..

I'm still a f***** newbie or what? :blink:

I would post a pic, but I don't have a camera. It does look exactly like the one in By-Tors review.

I'm sure Wacko will not only send you a pic, but will point out the flaws if you ask. Mine has good lume on all three hands, but there is none on the dial at all.

The one that i saw on ioffer was asian movement with correct He valve and only selling for around $50-70....so it was cheaper than WB's.

bosk

read the feedbacks on both the SMP's he's sold.

One got a refund as it took him to long to send it and the other one got a completely different watch.

He does seem to swear high and low though that they are infact as in the pics, HE correct, serial numbers, numbers on the band etc which would indeed indicate these are some obscure remnants of the famed 'closed factory' cases at least. BUT, he somehow claims this whilst the actual watches are send directly from China with him in the US so how he knows what they're actually sending is his guess as much as it is the buyers.

Interesting to see what this turns out to be. I have always believed that somewhere in some forgotten corner in some shop somewhere there's a box full of these great early SMP's, so who knows? Its not like they only made 500 of them or something.....

read the feedbacks on both the SMP's he's sold.

Interesting to see what this turns out to be. I have always believed that somewhere in some forgotten corner in some shop somewhere there's a box full of these great early SMP's, so who knows? Its not like they only made 500 of them or something.....

Curiosity killed the cat, but I'd like to know me too.

I am waiting for a last answer and I'll make my decision.

I bought it hoping this is not a bluff, I'll let you know folks... :bounce:

Best of luck. If the watch delivered is indeed the one pictured, the seller will be quite busy this holiday season. I really want the blue face seamaster.