When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP pro, too good to be true

casanile

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my friend,

Nice to read you there!

My watch isn't arrived yet, I seriously need back up here...

So, mirror image, as said by Angela, is the word?

I can forward a first image of the watch. Don't pay attention to the date wheel, I've been passing days to see if the dw has the correct fonts and so it seems. To answer the lume question above, the major lume is on the hands, the dial and pearl have bare lume that last for a few minutes after putting it a minute or so under a halogen lamp. Regarding the AR coating I'll say there's no AR at all inside or outside the crystal as there're glares from every angle. I believe the gen 2254.50 doesn't carry it as well.

I haven't opened the watch yet, but the date changes exactly at 12:00 am, the fonts are ETA correct so I'd say that there's ETA inside the watch.

I'd say that's mirror image comparing it to the photos at ioffer!!!post-10185-1198759838_thumb.jpg

Edited by MiguelCadiz

I can forward a first image of the watch. Don't pay attention to the date wheel, I've been passing days to see if the dw has the correct fonts and so it seems. To answer the lume question above, the major lume is on the hands, the dial and pearl have bare lume that last for a few minutes after putting it a minute or so under a halogen lamp. Regarding the AR coating I'll say there's no AR at all inside or outside the crystal as there're glares from every angle. I believe the gen 2254.50 doesn't carry it as well.

I haven't opened the watch yet, but the date changes exactly at 12:00 am, the fonts are ETA correct so I'd say that there's ETA inside the watch.

I'd say that's mirror image comparing it to the photos at ioffer!!!post-10185-1198759838_thumb.jpg

The gen has inside AR. What a pity.

Edited by Francisco

Don't let something as minor as the AR or the lume to put you off buying this. I can say for sure, it has been a long time since I have seen a basic SMP worthy of buying.

The He valve looks good, dial is good, the main factors are spot on. If the AR is a problm, get it coated. The main factors of the watch (ie the ones you cant change so easily) are all spot on. Anyway the AR coating on this watch (the gen) doesn't give off the blue hue like the PO. It is an invisible coating to reduce glare by a small amount.

Don't let something as minor as the AR or the lume to put you off buying this. I can say for sure, it has been a long time since I have seen a basic SMP worthy of buying.

The He valve looks good, dial is good, the main factors are spot on. If the AR is a problm, get it coated. The main factors of the watch (ie the ones you cant change so easily) are all spot on. Anyway the AR coating on this watch (the gen) doesn't give off the blue hue like the PO. It is an invisible coating to reduce glare by a small amount.

I was cheking the gen some weeks before. and it is true that the AR is quite weak. That is the reason for saying that it is a pity, as the manufacturer could have done it very easily.

Whilst we are waiting for some pictures of this rep, just some very nice pictures of the gen: the black and the electric blue. Both avalaible from this seller.

http://www.bernardwatch.com/Omega/Seamaster-Pro/OMG225580

http://www.bernardwatch.com/Omega/Seamaste...-size/OMG225250

Edited by Francisco

post-10185-1198759838_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this first pic very expected, as you can see...

Angela told us the truth:

Insert is aligned, the pearl looks almost flat and the hev is right.

I feel better.

This must be the best "out of the box" black SMP.

Does that means that the myth of the-old-factory-closed was real and back in business?

I bought it, I bought it

Made an offer as well. Hope I get this watch as the one in the pics - definitely looking like the closed version from years past. Had 2 of them, which I sold a couple years back - now I can finally get one back :)

Made an offer as well. Hope I get this watch as the one in the pics - definitely looking like the closed version from years past. Had 2 of them, which I sold a couple years back - now I can finally get one back :)

I have a bracelet with pins from another Omega so I will exchange it. I will relume it and possible single AR. It will be a ultimate SMP....... hopefully.

:rolleyes:

Defintely. I had sent many questions to the seller several months ago, but then her listing would get deleted where she would then have to relist it. I was a bit skeptic to go about buying it. So, I guess since you were the first one to buy and verify the quality, many of us will follow suit.