When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP pro, too good to be true

casanile

I just received my Blue dial from Angela. She stated it looked just like her photo and she is right!

He valve is correctly placed, hand are correct, and the movement is a ETA 2824-2 with correct markings.

The bracelet is pinned and is very tight. I needed my pin breaker and a long pin punch to reinstall the pins. They are sleeved in the center section and are tight after replacement. The date sets correctly and the movement has a light coat of oil.

All in all one of the nicer watches to come out of China.

Now all Angela needs to do is find an exact of this watch in Black.

She sent me a note stating that they were back from CNY, but that's all. Per the tracking, they have yet to pick up the watches that were sent back. SO I told her, if I told her anythign back, just give me a refund.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She sent me a note stating that they were back from CNY, but that's all. Per the tracking, they have yet to pick up the watches that were sent back. SO I told her, if I told her anythign back, just give me a refund.

As an update, they have picked up the watches but have not shipped her new ones yet.

-bosk

So... they must ship watches to her and then she gotta ship single watches to you guys?

Holy crap...

Is she sure the watches are really good? Can show pics?

Not yet. Right now, the watches she sent back at the beginning of Feb have finally been picked up. She's been emailing them, but waiting for them to reply back.

How did you get yours? She emailed me Monday stating that they finally received the watches back, but she was waiting to hear back from them to see if they had the right ones. I had emailed her asking her about the availibility of the blue ones since the black ones seem obselete. I then asked for a refund, which she said she would grant (still waiting - gave her by tomorrow or claim is escalated to PP). I then said get the watches in her possession first hand to make sure that the watches are correct. I told her beleive me, there's many of us over here on RWG that would get one from her if she had the watches in her possession instead of trusting someone overseas.

Congrats on the watch - wear it well and post some pics.

It seems Angela has sent me my refund.

Francisco - you're very lucky. She promised me and another member a full refund and guess what - no refund and its been a week. When I ask her for any updates - no replies. I notice she's "sold-out" of these on ioffer. Well, me and the other member had to perform a chargeback with our CC.

For those who got the watch - congrats. I am very jealous and if anyone decides to part with theirs for any reason - I will be more than happy to take it off your hands :)

Anyway, I cannot recomend this seller. Too much time waiting for giving my money back. With this money I have bought a SMP chrono.

Agreed. At first she had some good communication and provided the correct watches to certain members. But when other members received the wrong one, we shipped it back waiting for either the correct one or refund and received neither.

Francisco - you're very lucky. She promised me and another member a full refund and guess what - no refund and its been a week. When I ask her for any updates - no replies. I notice she's "sold-out" of these on ioffer. Well, me and the other member had to perform a chargeback with our CC.

For those who got the watch - congrats. I am very jealous and if anyone decides to part with theirs for any reason - I will be more than happy to take it off your hands :)

Agreed. At first she had some good communication and provided the correct watches to certain members. But when other members received the wrong one, we shipped it back waiting for either the correct one or refund and received neither.

I am in the same boat as you - I have threatened the chargeback against her and she is not responding. I am also very jealous of the members who have received their watches.

whats going on, with the situation now?

i really want a blue dialed watch, but is anglea sold out?, have people gotten them recently?

also i lost the ioffer link can someone put it on here/ PM me with it

thanks ben

I am in the same boat as you - I have threatened the chargeback against her and she is not responding. I am also very jealous of the members who have received their watches.

Execute the chargeback. You're not going to get a reply back from her or even a response back. I know when her supplier had shipped out the wrong ones to many members, she was [censored]. She had to collect the watches and then ship them back to her supplier. Who knows, once her supplier picked them up, if they had refunded her. If they didn't, well, she has our money to make up for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Reappear? You're gonna give me the blue SMP Marrick :)

Chargeback initiated but my CC has yet to show the credit on my card...but the customer rep did say wait til next statement. I assume they are investigating. Looking at Angela's PP account, there is no mention of the disputes alot of us must have filed. Oh well.

-bosk

• 3 weeks later...

Well, for me it's time to close the book on this watch in a Black dial version.

Angela has tried for well over to month to source the watch with the Black dial & correct hands & case to match the Blue dial she first sourced.

She told me today she is giving up for now and will refund my money. Within minutes I received a PayPal notice with the full refund.

So, I end up with a correct Blue dial. I know it's been frustrating for some on the board but I feel that if the correct watch is available Angela will eventually source it.

Jim

Too bad...

So, what's the point?

Do you think that some of us had the chance to receive a "lost" last stock of the old closed factory?

I've been in thailand for 20 days, tried to find some in MBK, no way...

BTW, I snorkled and dived during 15 days with my SMP, the watch is still looking new, no rust, nothing...

It's a damn well built rep.

If Angela or anybody source it again, pull the trigger folks, that's a keeper.

Well, for me it's time to close the book on this watch in a Black dial version.

Angela has tried for well over to month to source the watch with the Black dial & correct hands & case to match the Blue dial she first sourced.

She told me today she is giving up for now and will refund my money. Within minutes I received a PayPal notice with the full refund.

So, I end up with a correct Blue dial. I know it's been frustrating for some on the board but I feel that if the correct watch is available Angela will eventually source it.

Jim

You're lucky that she provided you a refund. Few of us had to perform Chargebacks with our CC with her ending communication with us.

Forgive me for a stupid question but where does this leave us as far as Black SMPs? I understand that the old factory has come and gone and the new watches have the wrong HE valve position but are there any with the correct length hands?

Hands are a super easy fix....just get the gen hands from ofrei for ~$45 (hour, min, and sec).

Angela still maintains that she is not a scammer and will refund my money....lol.

• 2 weeks later...

so does angela have the correct case? would i only have to buy gen hands to make it good, ( i.e HE valve is in the correct place)

or can she get a correct HE valve blue dial, i like them both!

could someone provide me with her ioffer account details (username)

thanks

Edited by Ben

She can no longer source these reps anymore. Whoever received the correct watch - they're golden. For those, including myself, who received the wrong watch - we're SOL. Had to send them back to her for a refund.

• 2 weeks later...
She can no longer source these reps anymore. Whoever received the correct watch - they're golden. For those, including myself, who received the wrong watch - we're SOL. Had to send them back to her for a refund.

Its more like send them back...and not getting a refund...and having to resort to a CC chargeback from paypal. I'm still waiting to see if she disputes the chargeback or what PP's action will be.

-bosk