When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP pro, too good to be true

casanile

i recently started reading this thread and got in touch with the seller on ioffer (blackshear2005) and she seems to think her suppliers have the correct black faced models back in stock!

what do you think worth the risk (she did say she would give me a full refund if it was incorrect!)

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i recently started reading this thread and got in touch with the seller on ioffer (blackshear2005) and she seems to think her suppliers have the correct black faced models back in stock!

what do you think worth the risk (she did say she would give me a full refund if it was incorrect!)

Ben if i were you i would wait to see new watches Angela is gonna ship as replacements.

Do not buy till we're sure her suppliers actually have the correct model.

Mine arrived about an hour ago. If you look back in this thread to post #221 (18 Jan ) Angela PM'd me to say that my watch had been inspected by her and was being posted that day, to UK. She gave me a tracking number which worked in the US system but didn't appear on the UK radar at all.

I had it sent to my office and first impressions are excellent, albeit with one issue. I have a genuine black SMP and an older rep Bond SMP so I will be able to do a comparison review later. Also I haven't been able to remove the back to check the movement but it appears to be an ETA alright.

Firstly, the 'issue'. The clasp doesn't have the stud of the locking device - in other words it can't lock - it's simply missing. Otherwise the clasp looks well finished and operates very smoothly. The bracelet is excellent with polished sides and pins (not screws) and the polished segments in both the mid & end links are separate pieces just like the genuine. I don

This is antomarty, I'm back online but I can't log in since the new site and there is no answer from admin to recover my password, little help should be appreciated...

This watch... What an adventure...

I'm sad for those who have received the wrong watch.

Hope they are not to angry against me

By the way, Regarding the black one, how many of us have the good one?

I didn't post any pics, no use, Ryaku got exactly the same of mine.

I'll definitly change the crystal, this loupe effect begin to bother me.

@ ryaku do you plane to change it?

so gentlemen....whats the diagnosis?

Happy with mine, I wear it 5 days per week and I swim with.

I'll put a genuine crystal, that's all...

But regarding those who received the bad black one, It was indeed too good to be true, for now...

Let's wait the next part of the story, will our mates have the correct one after sent back the ugly one?...

Edited by antomarty

Happy with mine, I wear it 5 days per week and I swim with.

I'll put a genuine crystal, that's all...

But regarding those who received the bad black one, It was indeed too good to be true, for now...

Let's wait the next part of the story, will our mates have the correct one after sent back the ugly one?...

Hi Antomarty!!

Have you "waterproofed" it?

so gentlemen....whats the diagnosis?

Jury is still out MVB. I talked to the seller who was told from her supplier to send back the bad ones and they'll send out the new ones. The bad ones are in transit back over there (I verified it - she gave me the tracking number). Once received, they'll ship her the correct ones. So it could be another 2 weeks before we see anything.

thanks HD.

Do let us all know what the ultimate verdict is. I would love to purchase the blue dial (kinda over the black SMP now)

Will do. Actually, she said that she does have the correct blue ones. I was iffy on the blue one because I didn't know how off the color of the rep dial was compared to the gen dial. BUt you never know - maybe I'll pull the trigger on a blue one too :)

Hola Miguel,

No I didn't, just a bit of silicon grease everywhere I could, It works for now...

I Think waterproof was already done.

I am wondering now if I'll pull the trigger on the blue one...

I'll do the same, but first I want to take it to my watchsmith and put it on the pressure tester to see how it behaves.

I think I'm done with Omegas for the moment, I have three. My next acquisitions will be the SMP Chrono and a decent SMP GMT 2004 version but that'll be in a year's time. I want to explore the IWC realms, very interested in a black aquatimer 2000.

I'll do the same, but first I want to take it to my watchsmith and put it on the pressure tester to see how it behaves.

I think I'm done with Omegas for the moment, I have three. My next acquisitions will be the SMP Chrono and a decent SMP GMT 2004 version but that'll be in a year's time. I want to explore the IWC realms, very interested in a black aquatimer 2000.

Yep... I love the IWC too, the old TI model as the new, not slevin which is a super rep, the one without chrono.

Unfortunatly there is no decent rep for both.

I mean TI for the old and a model as good as the Slevin for the new one.

Here is a pic of the genuine crystal to keep Ryaku under pressure ;)

post-8918-1201621956_thumb.jpg