When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP pro, too good to be true

casanile

Indeed a very interesting find.

The old black SMP however had the Omega logo on the dial further down - which was a tell that it was fake. This dial seems to be perfect.

I'm always skeptical when see you watches that have the old factory stock photos - for all we know, he could have just dug those photos out. If I was interested like some of you folks, I would ask him to take a photo of the watch at a specific time and date, then we'll know for sure, if he makes any excuse to say he can't provide it - then...enough said.

Btw - TripleHD, you've spend some much time and effort on chasing down the blue dial Omega and I know you've purhased and had one modified, you could have just gotten a second hand one by now, I'm a little confused.........

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed a very interesting find.

The old black SMP however had the Omega logo on the dial further down - which was a tell that it was fake. This dial seems to be perfect.

I'm always skeptical when see you watches that have the old factory stock photos - for all we know, he could have just dug those photos out. If I was interested like some of you folks, I would ask him to take a photo of the watch at a specific time and date, then we'll know for sure, if he makes any excuse to say he can't provide it - then...enough said.

The man do dropshipping, as he said, he doesn't have the watch in stock.

But I agree with you and I'm half sure that I'll receive a piece of c**p.

I was certainly a gambler in another life.

Anyway, dial and insert do have the same flaws that other reps.

The numbers are too close from the edge's insert and markers at 6 and 9 are too long

But as far I can see the pearl is really good, bezel well aligned and hev ok.

Does anyone knows where to find pictures of an old factory's smp?

• 3 weeks later...
Can you ask some pics to your friend?

Is he a watch nut? <_<

Most people can even see some details obvious for us.

Well, all I know is that he was seeking this watch for a long time and I asked him to check it very carefully and to compare with the pics in hands

Of course, I'll ask him pics, but be sure you'll have my owns when I'll get it.

My spanish mate confirmed me again the quality of the watch, but I'll do a very precise review when I'll get it.

I'll open the case, take some pics...

As a matter of fact, I forgot to ask some Q. to the seller, like the type of swiss movement...

He told me that I'll have it before Xmas, So it won't be long now.

Edited by antomarty

This is very interesting. He claims the hands are the correct length.

What are you guys paying for the watch? 190.00 + shipping?

Jim

I have an offer from the seller: watch + box+ papers+ shipping to Spain = $265.

It depends on the movement. The seller claims is swiss.

Let us wait for the review!! :bounce:

If it is true, do not worry, there will be watches for eveybody :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What are you guys paying for the watch? 190.00 + shipping?

Jim

I had 225$ shipping included for france without box.

But on my will, I paid an extra shipping via USA for a safety checking by the seller.

He did it and told me again that it was mirror image.

He hope that next buyers will ship straight from factory.

If good, a little group buy should be possible.

I think I'll get it on the 27.

I had 225$ shipping included for france without box.

But on my will, I paid an extra shipping via USA for a safety checking by the seller.

He did it and told me again that it was mirror image.

He hope that next buyers will ship straight from factory.

If good, a little group buy should be possible.

I think I'll get it on the 27.

Thanks for the info. I am going crazy. I beging to think that the electric blue is nicer. B)

I just ordered one as well from Angela. She was super fast on emails and takes PayPal. Being able to talk to someone living within three hours of my time is a big plus for quick communication. She told me she has checked them very carefully and they are identical to the photos.

Also, take a look at her shop. She carries some very nice looking stuff.

I paid $230 shipped to Seattle.

Jim

Hi guys.

This is Miguel from Spain. Just joined to the forum thanks to Martin from Corsica who introduced me. Very pleased to be among watch lovers like me.

I'm writing to calm those who have bought the 2254.50 from Angela Blackshear at ioffer. We weren't wrong when we decided to risk our money investing in a "who knows" watch. I'm totally pleased with the timepiece, it's replicated to the finest detail, even the bracelet has the mid-link that is very rare to find in the "speedy" style replica bracelets. Sorry I'm not able to post any image by now, but I'll try in the next few days.

The overall layout of the watch is awesome. The mandatory white cardboard, red box, the instructions manual, pictograms, warranty card and omega chronometer hang tag.

When I sold my 2254.50 rep two years ago I felt very upset because I knew that the watch that was leaving was a very-hard-to-find-again-watch. I have spent two years and a few euros trying to get the holy graal once again and at the third try the master is resting on my right wrist and will stay there for good because I have no intention to sell or trade it.

Once again, my pleasure to be here at this forum and hope this will be the first of many posts here.

Hi Miguel,

Can you confirm that it has an 'ETA' movement inside? The only difference between this one and gen that I can see are the crown guards... everything else looks good!

Gracias!

Hi guys.

This is Miguel from Spain. Just joined to the forum thanks to Martin from Corsica who introduced me. Very pleased to be among watch lovers like me.

I'm writing to calm those who have bought the 2254.50 from Angela Blackshear at ioffer. We weren't wrong when we decided to risk our money investing in a "who knows" watch. I'm totally pleased with the timepiece, it's replicated to the finest detail, even the bracelet has the mid-link that is very rare to find in the "speedy" style replica bracelets. Sorry I'm not able to post any image by now, but I'll try in the next few days.

The overall layout of the watch is awesome. The mandatory white cardboard, red box, the instructions manual, pictograms, warranty card and omega chronometer hang tag.

When I sold my 2254.50 rep two years ago I felt very upset because I knew that the watch that was leaving was a very-hard-to-find-again-watch. I have spent two years and a few euros trying to get the holy graal once again and at the third try the master is resting on my right wrist and will stay there for good because I have no intention to sell or trade it.

Once again, my pleasure to be here at this forum and hope this will be the first of many posts here.

Hi guys.

Hi Miguel, regards from Valencia, Spain.

Just a few questions. Any AR coating? What about the lume? The description says that there is lume on the hands. Only on the hands, not on the dial?

Thanks for sharing.