When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP pro, too good to be true

casanile

In fact this style swiss one should all black, Not blue dia.

I read the thread on Ioffer where someone told you about this site. Welcome. FYI - Omega does make a blue version of this watch and the rep version is very close.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ioffer.com/i/OMEGA-SeaMaster-Au...-Black-36274626

Right, let's see, there's Angela, Wenyan and Showwatch. Who is the good guy? :cc_confused:

Notice his and Angela has the same pics for the blue version?!?!?!? But then again, don't they all :)

http://www.ioffer.com/i/OMEGA-SeaMaster-Au...-Black-36274626

Right, let's see, there's Angela, Wenyan and Showwatch. Who is the good guy? :cc_confused:

At least Wenyan = Showwatch, because Wenyan registered here after me inviting Showwatch for coming here and clarifying some things... so they are one single person. Wenyan stated this, though!

Angela? Hmm, the ioffer items are too similar to be from a different person... who knows... my contact only was with Wenyan and he came here, that is quite ok, I think. ^_^

We

Edited by Ingo

To me it seems as if he is the only one able to source an ETA SMP black with long hands by now... am I right?

No, our trusted dealers has the ETA version with the correct hand lengths. The SMPs on Ioffer has the correct raised HE valve like the gen, which is very hard to source. These were known as the closed factory SMPs from years past.

He has to clarify what happend, why he delivered SMPs with the wrong movement and low quality (Case, bracelat, way !!! to short hands, no lume etc.) ... I think, the way talking to us is the right way and hopefully there will be a good solution for the one who got the wrong watch.

As far as I know, everyone who has received their watches ordered from Angela, not this guy. Those who ordered the blue ones got the exact same watch as shown in the pics. Those who order the black, well, that's a different story. A few received the correct watch (I think Ryaku only issue was scratches on the bezel and insert) whereas many of us received the incorrect watch. We sent our watches back to Angela who is returning them. She is supposed to find out whether or not she can still get the correct black ones. If not, then she will offer a refund or swap it with the blue ones.

As for Showatch/Wayman (don't know his name), his offer last night showed that he had 1 available, which looked like it was sold, but it looked like he was still taking orders. Today, when you use that link, it says that black one is no longer available. Im a little skeptic to deal with him at this time.

BTW - I just went to the Ioffer site where you basically said how could he have sold us incorrect watches and you posted a pic - he was not the one who sold the watches. You got your sellers mixed up.

ehmmm... who's Angela then?

I thought we had bought our watches from her. :huh:

We did. This guy is just another person on Ioffer supposedly offering the same watch, however, today, it says no longer available.

Guest jagleaso
Really nice pics

jagleaso can you please tell me if yours has the same bad domed crystal?

smp6.jpg

smp4.jpg

@Wenyam, welcome here, it's always a pleasure having new posters from China.

You can learn a lot here but be careful .. you can find very fussy and picky customers. :D

Why don't you post a link to your collections? :)

Mine looks to be slightly more convex but not a whole lot. Maybe i can get some good pics.

Yes, I already realized I have mixed up "Angela" and "showwatch" ... nevertheless they offer the same watch for the same price in the same way, no matter if available at the moment or not :rolleyes:

It happend this way:

I followed a link earlier in this thread to angelas offer, but this wasn

Edited by Ingo

And reading about the wrong deliverys of Angela concerning black SMP... why going with her? She is kind of a scammer!! Ok, she probably refunds the money (nothing refunded yet, I assume) but she delivered crap!!! :mellow:

Hmm... what to do- where to buy?

Regards, Ingo

For someone who got their sellers mixed up, nor having not purchased from either sellers, I don't think you can call Angela a scammer. From you posts on his listing, you made him out to be a scammer. Angela has offered me as well as others refunds. How is that being a scammer ?

And who to say this guy even has the watch? Just because he says so? He could be no different than those horrible repsites who post pics of watches, usually gens, and deliver something else. Read his listing where a buyer just found out that the watches may be off. That doesn't say too much for his credibility.

I'd rather deal with Angela because she's quicker to respond and deal with. Remember, this watch shouldn't be around, but somehow, a few do remain. If we can get em, great, if not, we can always buy the gen, right? :)

I concur with you triplehd. Ingo has no basis whatsoever to call Angela a scammer. I've dealt pretty much with all our dealers and have had my share of problems with all of them. Some of their after sale servicing is [frankly] non-existant. Angela has provided me more after sale service than all our dealers service put together. Her response to my queries have been prompt and polite - both before and after the sale. She has promised a full refund and I have no reason to doubt that she won't come through.

Thanks China. Are you requesting a refund too? She offered me one if she cannot get the black one or instead of a refund, she'll get me the blue one. Damn, really like the black one to be honest, but since I have my GMT, the dials GMT and the SMP 2254 are very similiar. So, can't have enough blue faced watches in one's collection :)

But my conclusions are: Buying from Angela is kind of gambling... at least you will have have some trouble, are disappointed and you have to spend money for sending it back if you unluckily got the wrong one. Double custom risk included.

Not very convincing... IMHO...

Isn't that true when you purchase anything? If you do some searches, you will see how some members would receive watches from our trusted dealers not in the best condition or with issues. Some dealers do Q/C, others don't. That's a gamble. And ordering one through ShowWatch (whatever his name is) isn't a gamble?

So far, Angela has responded to my emails. She has offered some of the best customer service to me in all fairness. I don't know her nor do I have anything to gain singing her praises. I tell it like it is.

One question no one has asked by now: Why do our trustet dealers know NOTHING of the existence of these correct SMP blacks??

Because these watches should no longer be in existence from what I know. These were around a couple of years ago. Keep in mind - you know where these watches come from right? Big country :)

Sorry to say showwatch doesn't seem 100% reliable.

I asked informations for 2 watches: for the first one he answered me he has only pics of the genuine watch and not of the watch he actually sells.

As for the second watch... after my inquiries.... he simply closed the sale saying it's not available anymore.

Sorry to say showwatch doesn't seem 100% reliable.

I asked informations for 2 watches: for the first one he answered me he has only pics of the genuine watch and not of the watch he actually sells.

As for the second watch... after my inquiries.... he simply closed the sale saying it's not available anymore.

Well he sold 2 watches to someone who was not pleased with the results.

Angela just let me know that she is getting the Blue ones "for sure" and hasn't heard anything on the black ones yet.

I wish I could get the fast response I get from her from my materials house (OFrei to name one).

Jim

Don't we all :). yeah, she told me she had sent them an email last Wed and still has yet to hear back from them. I guess I can get the blue and if Ryaku doesnt like the black, maybe we can trade. What do you say Ryaku :)

triplehd i'm considering to buy also the blue one but not to sell the black bezel model, i really like this watch a lot.

I'm sorry mate.

I do hope Angela could source some more of those watches for you guys.

Yeah, if I had the black one, I wouldn't let that one go either :)

She sent back the incorrect reps hoping that they receive it and send it per Angela, in 12 days starts the Chinese New Year. As soon as I receive a new watch, I'll post some pics.

bezel insert seems blue :-( nothing in that watch is right ...

I've sent mine back to Angela... She said that is able to source the correct ones again... let's see what happens. I've 45 days to open a paypal dispute, so I'll wait until then.

My crap watch arrived today, almost one month later. I have opened a paypal dispute. Follows the picture of my baby.

img0931zd3.jpg

bezel insert seems blue :-( nothing in that watch is right ...

I've sent mine back to Angela... She said that is able to source the correct ones again... let's see what happens. I've 45 days to open a paypal dispute, so I'll wait until then.

The ugliest thing in this watch is the difference in the lume color between the display and the hands (green and white). I told Angela that I do not think she is going to find the correct one. I asked her to send me my money back. I will send it tomorrow. I think I will buy the crono version with this money.

I will wait for the new model that will replace this Omega version, probably with the co-axial name written on the dial ;)