When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP pro, too good to be true

casanile

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried contacting her? Has she replied back to you?

She replied to one of my emails today stating that she has yet to hear back from them due to CNY, but they should be back on 2/12. I have her tracking number and the package arrived back to China on 1/28. That's the last update from USPS.

Have you filed a claim with PP?

Have you tried contacting her? Has she replied back to you?

She replied to one of my emails today stating that she has yet to hear back from them due to CNY, but they should be back on 2/12. I have her tracking number and the package arrived back to China on 1/28. That's the last update from USPS.

Have you filed a claim with PP?

Yes, I opened a PP claim. We are communicating using ioffer. She told me yesterday that she is still waiting for funds in her PP account, to be able to pay me back. :o

This is definitely the worst period ever for purchasing or waiting items from China: nasty weather and CNY are big troubles.

Now i'm wondering if we can trust Angela (or better if she can believe her suppliers) when she says her supplier can really source new SMP like the one in ioffer's pics.

This is definitely the worst period ever for purchasing or waiting items from China: nasty weather and CNY are big troubles.

Now i'm wondering if we can trust Angela (or better if she can believe her suppliers) when she says her supplier can really source new SMP like the one in ioffer's pics.

My problem is different. My problem is that I have no watch and I have not the money that I paid for the watch. :angry:

Fracisco, Angela have refunded my money ... :lol: I think she was honest ...

I sent her a note stating that I had sent the watch back in order to receive the correct one. However, yes, the sending back of the old and waiting to receive the new watches has been going on for close to 2 weeks now and it looks like it could be another 1-2 weeks for them to ship them to Angela, have her inspect them, and then ship them out to everyone.

So I told her, in good faith, that i would open a claim with PP just so Im protected since I am coming up to the 45 days to do so. I said its nothing against her (filing a claim isn't the worse part of PP - it's filing the dispute), but I just need to protect myself when we go over the 45 day mark.

I asked her if she had any issues with this or concerns, but have yet to hear back. Oh well, gave it a shot and gave her a chance. I will give her this - she does respond to my emails and does keep me updated with what's going on.

Please give Angela some slack here. I ordered a black SMP and then hadn't heard anything until after the first posts reporting that members had received the wrong watch. At that point I contacted her and pointed out my concerns and asked her to confirm that I would be getting the watch that's shown in her ioffer ad. She acknowledged that she had been having some problems and that, in order to sort this out she was having all watches sent to her for inspection in US. The next contact advised that she had now received a correct batch of watches and that mine was being posted with tracking etc.

My watch duly arrived and it was posted in US as she said and it was 100% as per the ioffer ad. Angela was totally truthful to me and demonstrated that, even after having supplied some incorrect watches, she could still get the correct items.

It is CNY and China seems to be suffering extreme weather conditions with communication lines down etc. I can understand the frustration but from my experience she is doing her utmost to sort this out. Hang in there.......paypal disputes will damage the hobby for everyone.

The clasp on my watch is faulty and I have contacted her to have a replacement clasp sent. Hopefully it will come through too.

So I told her, in good faith, that i would open a claim with PP just so Im protected since I am coming up to the 45 days to do so. I said its nothing against her (filing a claim isn't the worse part of PP - it's filing the dispute), but I just need to protect myself when we go over the 45 day mark.

I see you, i would behave in the same way.

You will close the claim when you get the right watch... exactly like i did.

I agree... patience is very important in this hobby... I ordered a SMP GMT from Precious Time on 7th december and I've not received nothing yet... first it got lost by royal mail and now he is on holidays... :-(

Please give Angela some slack here. I ordered a black SMP and then hadn't heard anything until after the first posts reporting that members had received the wrong watch. At that point I contacted her and pointed out my concerns and asked her to confirm that I would be getting the watch that's shown in her ioffer ad. She acknowledged that she had been having some problems and that, in order to sort this out she was having all watches sent to her for inspection in US. The next contact advised that she had now received a correct batch of watches and that mine was being posted with tracking etc.

My watch duly arrived and it was posted in US as she said and it was 100% as per the ioffer ad. Angela was totally truthful to me and demonstrated that, even after having supplied some incorrect watches, she could still get the correct items.

It is CNY and China seems to be suffering extreme weather conditions with communication lines down etc. I can understand the frustration but from my experience she is doing her utmost to sort this out. Hang in there.......paypal disputes will damage the hobby for everyone.

The clasp on my watch is faulty and I have contacted her to have a replacement clasp sent. Hopefully it will come through too.

Edited by chisco

paypal disputes will damage the hobby for everyone.

Not necessarily. I opened a dispute with a seller on ebay because she sent me a broken home theater system and tried to blame the Post Office. Yeah, didnt fall for that and PP ruled in my favor. It didnt hurt ebay, did it?

See what I wrote - I told her ahead of time what I was doing - protect my purchase. I told her that its nothing against her and actually praised her for her communication.

I see you, i would behave in the same way.

You will close the claim when you get the right watch... exactly like i did.

Exactly. By the time they get back from CNY (2/12 they told her) and ship it to her, it could be close to the end of February but he time I receive mine, well over the 45 days to dispute an item. What happens if she still cannot source the correct watch? Yes she had offered me a refund or wait for the right watch. Well, Im waited. Who to say she then doesn't offer a refund to me anymore? Then what? Im screwed. I

Same here. She was fine with me doing it and understood. She told me that they wouldn't send the watches to her until they received the old ones. I know that they arrived and were attempted to be delivered on 2/4. Maybe because of the CNY, they were not picked up yet? Not too sure.

I just want my black SMP to replenish the 2 that I sold a couple of years ago and have been kicking myself ever since.

hi guys,

i'm late to the party...

i don't know what's going on with this Angela selling this black SMP...

it looks exactly like the one that all our top dealers sell [Andrew, Josh, PT, PureTime, etc...]

& they sell it at a very similar price...

what's the big fuss???

Actually - no the He valve is in the correct position and the hands are the correct length and the pearl is not too bad either. All in all the pictures are excellent - the best rep I have seen. There are issues on the clasp. The blue version is great - by far the best rep of that model - I am not sure but the dial is maybe a shade too light but a great rep nonetheless.

TTK - Don't tell me you can source this baby. Can you get the black one?

GOOD, AT LAST IT HAPPENED...

If with this thread, trusted sellers are waking up, job is finally done.

It took only 17 pages and almost 9000 readings.

Congrats TTK!!

Good bye Angela, I had the correct one, I know she is honest, but this is not the same story with her suppliers...

I just received my Blue dial from Angela. She stated it looked just like her photo and she is right!

He valve is correctly placed, hand are correct, and the movement is a ETA 2824-2 with correct markings.

The bracelet is pinned and is very tight. I needed my pin breaker and a long pin punch to reinstall the pins. They are sleeved in the center section and are tight after replacement. The date sets correctly and the movement has a light coat of oil.

All in all one of the nicer watches to come out of China.

Now all Angela needs to do is find an exact of this watch in Black.

Here's some quick photos:

post-216-1203045958_thumb.jpg

post-216-1203045907_thumb.jpg

post-216-1203046003_thumb.jpg

post-216-1203046049_thumb.jpg