When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please tell me this is a rep

kokedose

Came across this little beauty while casually surfing in the bay.I got all exited and watched with excitement as the bids stayed low.

Wanted to buy a gen and this one looked pretty good to me.

Bidding went on and i didn't bid till the last 30 seconds...my broadband connection slowed down and my bid didn't register until the watch was sold :blowup:

I am no expert on panerai...please someone put me out of my misery and tell me its a rep.

Item number :110193103465

Thanks guys

Be lucky :)

I am no expert on panerai...please someone put me out of my misery and tell me its a rep.

Wait for a more seasoned eye than I, Kokedose but that Crown Guard has an obvious dimple on it, and more tellingly, the crown itself is too thin.

I also disbelieve anyone when they do not place the exact model on the sale.

I say rep.

"Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Genuine or Replica? Nov-15-07

A: this is 100% genuine"

Heh, right...

Wait for a more seasoned eye than I, Kokedose but that Crown Guard has an obvious dimple on it, and more tellingly, the crown itself is too thin.

I also disbelieve anyone when they do not place the exact model on the sale.

I say rep.

"Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Genuine or Replica? Nov-15-07

A: this is 100% genuine"

Heh, right...

I think it's a gen PAM 49 (or something like that).

Lousy pics, but I think it's the real deal despite the thin crown (some gens look like that). Why would you bid on a watch without knowing if it's authentic, though?

I got that gut feeling about it despite the crappy pics and had mailed him a few times,he seemed a genuine guy just in need of cash!

NOOOOOOOOOO.......Please someone tell me its a rep...so close but yet so far.GRRRRRRRRRR

OK, it's a rep. For sure it's a rep. No doubt abuot it. It's a rep.

It's real, I am pretty sure, though. Cyclops and datewheel font are too good. It it's a rep, I want to get one of those cyclops'.

One thing the Brits tend to get right is language. The word bargain is spelled "Bargin". That is a big red flag. I say either the watch is fake or the seller is a faker. Either way, you are best off without it.

"Baby on the way" is a bigger red flag than someone who misspelt a word (yes, even we Brits do that on occasion). ;)

There's always a story, isn't there? I say, if this is a gen, then it's stolen or similar. So long as you never post on gen forums, or have them seen to in the Richemont spa (where stolen watches are sometimes flagged, if the owner sent them notice), you'd be okay.

But I wouldn't want a stolen watch as my first PAM. Even if it were dead cheap.

If what the seller says is true about titanium, then that is less than a replica, it's fantasy. Most likely, it is just one of the (in)famous replicas made by the watchhonpo guys -- those watches that they tried to pass as special edition genuines especially made for the Japan market.

There is no PAM with white face and titanium.

The OP 6560 case number is of the PAM 070D, which is brushed SS.

It might be a PAM 051. That would also give reason about the somewhat thin crown being it a 40mm model. But in this case the OP number stays wrong (unless it is a 051D), and everything the seller said about titanium is delirium. Period.

If what the seller says is true about titanium, then that is less than a replica, it's fantasy. Most likely, it is just one of the (in)famous replicas made by the watchhonpo guys -- those watches that they tried to pass as special edition genuines especially made for the Japan market.

There is no PAM with white face and titanium.

The OP 6560 case number is of the PAM 070D, which is brushed SS.

It might be a PAM 051. That would also give reason about the somewhat thin crown being it a 40mm model. But in this case the OP number stays wrong (unless it is a 051D), and everything the seller said about titanium is delirium. Period.

You don't think it's a PAM 48? I don't think that bracelet is titanium, despite what he says.

You don't think it's a PAM 48? I don't think that bracelet is titanium, despite what he says.

Hi chief, you surely mean a 051 (048 is black face and leather strap).

Yes, if we don't believe the titanium thing then it might be a gen 051.

Still the OP number leaves me dubious... and the 049 and 051 were the infamous "specially made for the Japan market" models...

Hi chief, you surely mean a 051 (048 is black face and leather strap).

Yes, if we don't believe the titanium thing then it might be a gen 051.

Still the OP number leaves me dubious... and the 049 and 051 were the infamous "specially made for the Japan market" models...

Hehehe, OK. 48,49 I can't keep my PAM numbers straight. You knew what I meant. ;)