When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glocks Are For Girls...

jcsbomber

Received my 217 and have decided that bigger is better... =) Wonder how long my Daytona will sit unworn now that I have this beast...

Anyway, here are some initial shots...

Click below for all pictures...

http://www.the-sundays.com/timezone/bigandlittle/index.html

67566-33446.jpg

67566-33447.jpg

67566-33448.jpg

and my former "daily wear" bunch...

67566-33449.jpg

Sorry but 54mm????? Pretty dumb looking. What's next, strapping a wall clock to our wrists with a pants belt? A Navatimer is about as big as I'll go even with my big meat paws.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, you can hunt with a shotgun too.

I suppose you can, but for me if I'm going to kill something I'm going to eat it. Buckshot makes eating it almost impossible... If you're just out to blow things away for fun, then I guess a shotgun works.

Trust me it looks good on the wrist... :D (and you do realize that was compared to a ladies Datejust)

Is it 54mm??? I thought for sure it was 47mm... ???

I'm a pretty big guy (6'3", 230lbs) and it doesn't look out of place...

J

Sorry but 54mm????? Pretty dumb looking. What's next, strapping a wall clock to our wrists with a pants belt? A Navatimer is about as big as I'll go even with my big meat paws.

I guess the name jcsbomber makes sense... :Jumpy:

and the only good gun is a walther PPK with silencer, and 007 watch on the wrist.

Or for those that remember, just get the classic Transformer Megatron :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good luck quail/dove/pheasant hunting with a rifle. :D

If you have the skill you can. :g:

Otherwise use the finesse of a shotgun... :rolleyes:

Actually, Megatron is a P38 :bleh:

Best Regards,

IG

post-1818-1150138261_thumb.jpg

Who cares, Megatron was always my favourite, and the one Transformer I didn't have ! :blink:

Received my 217 and have decided that bigger is better... =) Wonder how long my Daytona will sit unworn now that I have this beast...

Anyway, here are some initial shots...

Click below for all pictures...

http://www.the-sundays.com/timezone/bigandlittle/index.html

67618-33429.jpg

67618-33430.jpg

67618-33431.jpg

and my former "daily wear" bunch...

67618-33432.jpg

I've got one question. Are you Crockett or Tubbs? I love it how so many are offended at Americans, and their love of the Gun. Many Americans like myself grew up shooting firearms since we were young. Pretty much the Marksman here because of it. It's a good thing, because the next time the Germans need some more "living room" a bunch of skilled marksman from America will have to come over and bail England and France out AGAIN! Just kidding! Thought that would add some fuel to the fire! Lighten up! Americans love Guns, Europeans love Soccer, or is it futball?

It's football... you know the sport where a ball is actually kicked most of the game?

Let's add fuel to the fire...

Friendly fire... which country is known for this above all?

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :Jumpy:

If you have the skill you can. :g:

Otherwise use the finesse of a shotgun... :rolleyes:

In most areas of the US and Canada, it is illegal to hunt birds with a rifle or pistol. It's completely illegal to hunt migratory birds with a rifle or pistol in the US and in all but the NW Territority of Canada. It's primarily due to overpenetration issues with a bullet or slug through a bird vs. neighboring humans.

Since most birds must be airborne in order to legally shoot, even Annie Oakley would have some difficulty controlling where her bullets were actually coming to rest, as many bullets travel over 2300 meters before landing (over 5000 for a 30-06 rifle), where a shotgun's effective range ends at 45 meters.

BTW, I am not a hunter, I just grew up around several people who are. Hunting for sport never really piqued my interest, although I did try it. I do however enjoy target shooting. You should try my recipe for roasted paper target with veal demi-glace. It's a little dry, but full of fiber. :lol:

Best Regards,

IG

It's a good thing, because the next time the Germans need some more "living room" a bunch of skilled marksman from America will have to come over and bail England and France out AGAIN!

If it weren't for us, you'd be speaking Dutch, pal. Oh, I'm going to add an obsequious "just kidding" so you can't take offence.

... and here comes a big rant. Get the popcorn in.

If it weren't for us, you'd be speaking Dutch, pal. Oh, I'm going to add an obsequious "just kidding" so you can't take offence.

Hey Pugwash, don't forget it was the Americans that cracked the Enigma code... Just kidding.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :bleh:

Let's get the necessary disclaimers out of the way. I have nothing against guns. Remember that when you're penning your retort. I have nothing against guns, but I have plenty against retarded gun nuts.

BTW this thread is hilarious (except for the few that have their panties in a wad)!!!

You're talking about me aren't you. Come out and say it, I'm a big boy and I can take it.

Geez, if I take a picture of my watch by a rock, some numbnuts will probably be offended by the rock. This has gotten rediculous.

The very fact that you can't see the bloody difference between a gun and a rock means you shouldn't be allowed to carry a firearm.

Also, you're implying that we're all weak-willed, liberal (when did that become a dirty word?) pansy girly-men. We're not. Like I said before, and I hope you can remember (It was several sentences ago and I know how that can be hard. It's ok, no-one's looking, you can move your lips while reading. This is the internet, no-one can tell) I have nothing against guns.

My objection, and if you read back you'll see it's been a running theme in my posts, is with the sheer and utter lack of respect you're showing. How many times does someone have to say "as a courtesy to those who object" before it sinks in?

Some people don't like guns. Some people don't like looking at guns. This has been pointed out to you several times and you don't get it. You start spouting about rights and freedom and armed rebellion, and you still don't understand that the moment you open a browser, you're not in the US any more. Your rights are worth [censored] here, pal.

In my youth, I did smooth bore .22LR target shooting and clay pigeon, which is pretty much the upper limit of what you can do in the UK. Like I said before, I don't object to guns. I have a couple of nice knives and a Shin-Gunto in the cupboard, so I'm probably not the guy you imagine.

So, back to the point. Over here, in Europe, stem cell research is legal, as are more relaxed abortions. If I posted pictures of aborted foetuses with watches on, I would rightly be kicked off and never asked to return. No-one would think that harsh.

However, you lot come on to a European forum (this site is hosted in the UK by a German) and you stamp all over it as if it's Merkin Territory. I bet, for instance, you thought it was a US forum, right?

Anyway, I've got a lot of rant left in me but feel I should save it for the inevitable flaming anyone gets when they object to anything the belligerent armed masses do.

Just remember, I like Americans and I don't object to guns. I object to the people who don't hear gentle pleas even when they're said over and over again, just because it makes them feel threatened someone will take away their penis ... er, I mean gun. :D

(See? I even added a joke in the last sentence.)

Dutch? Where did you get that from? Also, if it wasn't for y'all, we would all be speaking some Native tongue. See, I'm Cherokee, and I'm not "just kidding"! Then again, if it wasn't for y'all, we would still have bows and arrows, and not firearms. You dastardly English you.

So Chronus, 2 - 0 - Ghana played remarkably well though dont ya think ?

Ghana did ok, but as I thought, nothing up-front. We have a few Ghanaians at work and one was saying he would have preferred an earlier kick-off so any potential embarrassment wouldn't be witnessed in prime-time. He's also the guy who reckons Stephen Appiah is better than Lampard (and he's a Chelsea fan!).

They played well, but so did Italy. Italy showed maybe they'll be able to do something, but we'll see how they do against the Czech Republic. Czech looked great - are you supporting them? Nedved looked good today, one of my favourite players the last few years. :victory:

And (a little contentious perhaps?) I don't think there will be many in the world who were sad that USA lost. Obviously the far superior team won playing great football. Too bad about Koller's injury. :angry:

Edited by Chronus

Dutch? Where did you get that from? Also, if it wasn't for y'all, we would all be speaking some Native tongue. See, I'm Cherokee, and I'm not "just kidding"! Then again, if it wasn't for y'all, we would still have bows and arrows, and not firearms. You dastardly English you.

Don't forget New York was something like New Amsterdam before the English had it.

Don't forget New York was something like New Amsterdam before the English had it.

Let's see. Some 200+ years ago America under the recommendation of Ben Franklin, America almost adopted German as it's language, since all of Pennsylvania spoke it, and it was spoken a great bit around the colonies. Just think how the world would have been a different place. The Great War, America sides with Germany, Germany wins, no Treaty of Versaille, no rise of the NSDAP party, no WWII (oh! I forgot-Don't mention the War during the World Cup) We would all be speaking German. Soccer would be the #1 Sport in America. Everybody drives a Benz. Beer and Brats for breakfest. All the girls in America would look like Paris Hilton, I could go on and on. Man, what happened to us!

Edited by ekhunter