When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glocks Are For Girls...

jcsbomber

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's with the pictures of guns?

I don't get it? Is it big and clever?

We don't have guns here in the UK so maybe I'm missing out on something?

We have knives, would that be cool if I posted pictures of watches draped over some big knives?

Or Knuckledusters?

We don't have guns here in the UK so maybe I'm missing out on something?

It's an American thing. Just leave them to it, they'll never understand. :D

I'm considering doing a photo-shoot with a frying pan or claw hammer, as a homage. Or maybe a bottle of bleach and a stanley knife.

Or, in true Scum style, maybe a Snooker ball in a sock. :Jumpy:

Hehe, maybe I should clarify something really quick...

In my "former daily wear" shot, I mean that ONLY the Daytona is no longer in the daily wear bunch... I WILL be wearing the others (esp. the ring) =)

As for firearms, I apologize to anyone it might have offended but for me they're just another passion (sort of similar to watches)...

My intent was to show my wife's Datejust as belonging to the relatively small Glock 26, contrasting it with the BEAST I just received yesterday (the 217) and a "real gun" (Mossberg 500a)... =) I guess it was only funny to me... ;)

(Markus, good luck with the knife shoot, maybe I'll try my hand at that next) ;)

Okay, couldn't resist... (did get some weird looks from the wife as she's trying to make dinner) =)

66659-33644.jpg

Is this what you're thinking???

I'm preparing a photo shoot as we speak with my Speedmaster Broad Arrow and a carving knife I have in the kitchen, should look seriously cool.

Sweet "99E" man!!! Rep or Gen???

It's a frankenknife. The case is gen, but the blades are aftermarket. I do have the original oiled brown-paper blade inserts, though ... let me get my caseback tool out. :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Oh, wait, you were joking, weren't you. Damn, I need to be more careful.

Not offended, just curious why you think that???

Oh, in case it went un-noticed, the creepy (I hope) Stanley Knife photos are how we Europeans see gun pics. I'm not going to over-analyse it myself. Gun pics don't offend me as much, but there's something very American about them. Most Europeans will never touch, own or need a gun in their entire lives.

I apologize, the "creepy"ness of those photos must have gone right over my thick-American head... ;)

I thought you were with me in as much as the knife you showed (great photo by the way, nice lighting) was a "tool", like firearms are to some...

I don't want to further your image of Americans and firearms so I will say this... There are also very many of us who will never "touch, own or need" one here in the US also...

I'm guessing I had better find some other "objects" to photo with, anyone remember "Watchchick"??? ;)

J

Oh, in case it went un-noticed, the creepy (I hope) Stanley Knife photos are how we Europeans see gun pics. I'm not going to over-analyse it myself. Gun pics don't offend me as much, but there's something very American about them. Most Europeans will never touch, own or need a gun in their entire lives.