When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's YOUR forum!

offshore

Your admin team like to try to keep the place fresh and filled with new ideas.

Not much use us coming up with things that you guys and gals don't want, or are not interested in.

We have had a couple of great suggestions made to admin of late, and are working to implement them, along with some of our own thoughts.

How about, each and every one who reads this thread, give a quick thought to what YOU would best like to see here.

And instead of posting them, PM them to a team member.... keeps the place tidier and neater :p !

All contributions gratefully accepted, and due credit will be given as we implement your ideas.

So come on all.... tell us what you think!

Offshore

Hanukkah.

I tried writing several replies to this answer, but I've erased all of them and couldn't come up with anything substantive to say in response. I don't personally see the need for this right now, as the first thing I noticed when I saw the new holiday skin was not the Christmas Countdown but rather the overwhelming shade of blue (as opposed to red and white, what you would expect). I am certainly content with the design of the layout and think it's quite refreshing, even though it makes no explicit mention of the Jewish holidays (which is, in my opinion, not an oversight or inappropriate gesture at all). Secondly, it's a little late for this anyway.

I would personally like to see Kenberg carry more things including fountain pens by Mont Blanc, Patek Philippe cuff-links of any kind, and accessories like high-end hats, scarves, and so on. I know he can "source" a lot of these items, but I like to browse, and often, I feel more comfortable doing it that way as it doesn't exhaust my patience. Again, just a suggestion. He's a great dealer... with great stuff, but not enough new items circulating in there.

For Kenberg 3.0 (codename: Watarrka) I'd like to see a larger range of sizes... er... wait, wasn't this about the forum?

For RWG... Um... I don't know... looks pretty good. May not need to tack on anything else... sometimes, less is more.

Of course, if you need any flash, or assistance with code, gibb0r a call...

I'd like to see more group buys...organized "institutionally" by RWG. We are already a bunch (I know mods are always complaining we need more members, but still we are a decent number). And if we could agree on certain products or parts which sooner or later will be of good use to most rep fans, we could surely raise a number of petitions (is this English) which would derive in:

- products being built that would otherwise never exist;

- obtaining parts at prices that would be unbearable for the individual;

- simply obtaining parts...an order of 1 part may not be enough to entice a company to sell something, but 20 might raise sufficient greed...

- etc

And also, I believe that some products I may not be interested in as an individual, if arranged by RWG in a way that delivers a price & perfection I would not be able to reach on my own...that might lead me to sign up for it.

Sorry for the long mail, but just a few examples: an RWG joint-purchase for 30 Valjoux 7750 might be more successful than my individual search for one; or I would feel lazy to buy a PAM029 and then go for the cyclops, datewheel and superlume mods (even more now The Zigmeister's gone) but if there was a joint-purchase for 25 of these I would certainly go for it an so would (I think) many EU members if we managed to have them built "at source", not having to send the watches back and forth; etc.

Just my 2cents (so long a mail compared to my average one that it actually is more like 3 cents... :rolleyes: )

I'd like to see more group buys...organized "institutionally" by RWG.

Those make me a little nervous for some reason. But good idea.

I once asked why RWG didn't have more raffles, and I was told watches were donations from collectors. Both RWI and Repgeeks have frequent raffles, though; in fact, currently having one now at each site. It really makes things more exciting and cosy because of it. That would be my suggestion.

TJ; Good idea :tu:

Thanks ^_^

Following discussions about previous PAW(s) and customs, I have something I'll be quite happy to donate to the cause from my vacation to Spain. A transparent plastic Submariner-like watch. 100% Quartz, gen plastic crystal, and utterly [censored] pearl :lol:

Joking asside, it looks pretty nice. Black dial (similar proportions to the Rolex Maxi-dial, but small hands) black bezel (with 12-3 section in red) and it's mounted on a tan leather strap which was made locally. All in all, it's pretty cheap and nasty, but it shouldn't cause any issues with customs. If anyone feels the need to modify it, then feel free :lol:

I have something I'll be quite happy to donate to the cause from my vacation to Spain. A transparent plastic Submariner-like watch. 100% Quartz, gen plastic crystal, and utterly [censored] pearl :lol:

Now where are one of those "cut-out watches" when you need one....

Crazysaleman!!!! WHERE ARE YOU??? :)