When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Omega SMP mods all done! Pics inside!

dastrix

Yep! It's finally done. Arrived back from The Zigmeister today

First up, Omega SMP Chrono, now fitted with:

Genuine Dial

Genuine Hands, Yep all of them inc the sub hands

Genuine Bracelet, Costly but worth it!

ETA 7750 Movement

Genuine Bezel & Insert (yes it does fit)

The Zigmeister installed it all, looks great and works nicely! Going to have to run it in now. Dial has been relumed too, it looks a tad off on inspection (dial looks a bit more 'brown' but I'm sure the bezel lume will wear a bit and match (its brand new)

Some pictures:

chrono1.jpg

chrono2.jpg

chrono3.jpg

chrono4.jpg

Cheers

das

you have PM,

i just noticed something, but the colour on the tip of the seconds hand, and the subdial hands is red,

is this not the colour from the new model(2225.80.00),

didnt your model (2599.80.00) have orange on the hands?

anyway, its a great looking watch, wear it well

Edited by steppen

you have PM,

i just noticed something, but the colour on the tip of the seconds hand, and the subdial hands is red,

is this not the colour from the new model(2225.80.00),

didnt your model (2599.80.00) have orange on the hands?

anyway, its a great looking watch, wear it well

Both colours can be correct, I have seen genuines with orange or the deeper red :)

Fantastic watch, you have one up on me as mine does not have the genuine dial, wear it well :D

Looks great!! That was a lot of work, but well worth it in the end. As far as the orange vs. red. I had a gen SMP for about a year, my second hand was orange, but I was told that the second hand and dials for that matter fade with time and mine was an older watch and my second hand had faded into a nice orange.

Is changing the dial just an emotional thing? As for I cant really see a difference between the gen and rep dial.

Anyway - a great watch either way! I owned the gen and have the rep now - onlay thing I would change is the bezel and insert. ...and eventually the movement but as long as the asian does as well as it does right now.

Is changing the dial just an emotional thing? As for I cant really see a difference between the gen and rep dial.

Anyway - a great watch either way! I owned the gen and have the rep now - onlay thing I would change is the bezel and insert. ...and eventually the movement but as long as the asian does as well as it does right now.

It is true that there are very few visable difference between the rep dial and genuine. Obviously the gen has superlume, but new, they can be really hard to find. The ones that you can get hold of are very old in most instances, with faded/brown hour markers. So a relumed rep dial would be a very viable alternative.

Edited by Mickey Padge

It is true that there are very few visable difference between the rep dial and genuine. Obviously the gen has superlume, but new, they can be really hard to find. The ones that you can get hold of are very old in most instances, with faded/brown hour markers. So a relumed rep dial would be a very viable alternative.

Hey Guys!

Mikey is right, the gen dial had bad lume so it was redone to match the new hands. Yes, the hands are red and the dial markers are more red then orange. It looks to match perfectly. Again, the bezel lume is green, whilst dial lume is more milky white, when its glowing the color is the same. Apparently this is like the gen also!

Gen dial has correct color markers and correct M in Seamaster, small but to me important.

Rep crown/step, will be gen when I get a service on the movement. No changes to crystal, i believe its 100% like the gen

i love the watch, looks fantastic!

:)

Hey Guys!

Mikey is right, the gen dial had bad lume so it was redone to match the new hands. Yes, the hands are red and the dial markers are more red then orange. It looks to match perfectly. Again, the bezel lume is green, whilst dial lume is more milky white, when its glowing the color is the same. Apparently this is like the gen also!

Gen dial has correct color markers and correct M in Seamaster, small but to me important.

Rep crown/step, will be gen when I get a service on the movement. No changes to crystal, i believe its 100% like the gen

i love the watch, looks fantastic!

:)

Ahh, I wondered if that might've been the reason :)

• 1 month later...
I'll get a few action shots of the watch soon in my new car :D

Watch has been sent to local watch smith to install the gen Crown & Tube. ETA 7750 is being serviced also as its slipping when winding and has also stopped. Hopefully Ill get it back shortly!

Only thing not gen, is the case :)