When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vintage roles Pexi

lanikai

My MBW 1680 had light scratches and "swirls" when i recieved it either that or I put it there wiping the pexi cover... there is a polish used to remove swirls from auto paint after micro-compounding is done... the only draw back is i have to purchase enough where it would last me a few months in the body shop.. so imagine how much i would use just on a few watches.. don't want it to sit and deteriorate... it did remove the fine web scratches from the pexi.

normally you would use a eurathane sponge wheel (buffing) but a polishing cloth .. the ones you get at the eye glass shop worked.. I'm not selling it but anyone interested in taking some of this? .. doubt I could send it to Eu as hazmat would not allow it even an ounce..

respond on this thread please don't need PM's

Lanikai

Try "Softscrub". It's made to clean fine porcelain and it's a very mild abrasive. Also Meguiar's Mirror Glaze for auto polishing works well.

Any fine abrasive is fine. Put some on the wet crystal, rub heck out of it with your thumb, rinse, dry, enjoy.

I had some MASSIVE gouges on my 1665 and used a knife to scrape away plastic until the level of the gouges was reached, then I used Ajax cleanser (coarse abrasive) to smooth it a little, then used Softscrub (very mild abrasive) to achieve the final gloss finish.

Easy squeasy. :tu:

ive always used metal polish.. like the kind you would use on your polished aluminum wheels. Works very well for light scratches.. you can sand out big scratches with diff grades of sandpaper and use polish after to make it look like new. Lots of people dont like plastic crystals becasue they scratch very easy but they also dont know how easy they are to repair!

Brasso. It even says on the can that it works great on acrylic crystals. No joke!

...and if you have a vintage Sub with the cheap plated brass bezel, it should come out shining like new gold! :tu:

Well duh! There's no cupholder! Where are you supposed to rest your espresso while you polish with that tool?

Here's the tool I use to polish crystals. It seems simpler, eh?

r160145_585392.jpg

And a shot from the backside.

tunnel1b.jpg